DVDVR Message Board

2020 IMPACT Wrestling Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Impact Wrestling is getting into the empty arena televised wrestling game, taping two months of programming over three days this week.

Tommy Dreamer, a wrestler, agent, and producer with the company, revealed the news on Busted Open Radio Tuesday, saying he drove 700 miles to the location which our Dave Meltzer confirmed as Nashville, Tennessee.

Meltzer is also reporting that several key talents will not be in attendance, but did not have a full list as of this writing.

On a related note, PWInsider's Mike Johnson reported that there are plans to move ahead with the Rebellion pay-per-view in some form, perhaps repackaged as an AXS special or regular Impact episode instead. Johnson is also reporting two matches for the event will be announced on tonight's Impact episode.

Like WWE in Florida, it's unclear how Impact Wrestling is working around Tennessee's two week "safer at home" order which began last week. Similar to Florida and other states, only businesses deemed essential are allowed to remain open.

Specifically, an executive order signed in late-March ordered the closure of places like concert venues, theaters, auditoriums, performing arts centers, and other similar facilities to members or to the public.

https://www.f4wonline.com/tna-news/impact-wrestling-taping-two-months-tv-nashville-308351

Meltzer noted in the WON that just came out that the reason Impact should be able to tape is because in Tennessee (since they are taping in Nashville) - media is exempt from the stay at home order and they can get away with saying it is a closed studio media event

• Haha 1

Rebellion is gonna be an empty arena two part IMPACT! Special.

https://www.f4wonline.com/tna-news/impact-wrestling-rebellion-air-two-part-tv-event-308746

With the show unable to be held in its originally scheduled form, Impact Wrestling has confirmed their updated plans for Rebellion.

Rebellion will now air as a two-part television event on AXS TV and Twitch as part of Impact on Tuesday, April 21 and April 28. It will also air on The Fight Network in Canada and Impact's other international broadcast partners.

Rebellion was originally supposed to be a pay-per-view. It was set to take place at Terminal 5 in New York City on Sunday, April 19, but that was canceled last month due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Impact wrote that Rebellion is taking place on a closed set with only essential personnel in attendance. The promotion held tapings at Skyway Studios in Nashville, Tennessee last week, with Dave Meltzer reporting that they were attempting to tape as much as two months worth of content, including Rebellion.

"The safety of IMPACT’s wrestlers, personnel, and fans is of the utmost importance, and while it is with some disappointment that we must scale back our original plans for the event, we are proud to have the opportunity to provide our loyal and passionate audience with some much-needed entertainment during this time," Impact's statement said. "We look forward to producing a proper pay-per-view event once this crisis has passed.

Tessa Blanchard defending her Impact World Championship against Michael Elgin and Eddie Edwards in a triple threat match has been announced as the main event of Rebellion, but Meltzer wrote last week that "the word going around which is confirmed is that Blanchard, the Impact men’s world champion, who is based in California, is not leaving the state at this time."

Jordynne Grace vs. Taya Valkyrie in a Full Metal Mayhem match for the Knockouts Championship, Ace Austin vs. Willie Mack for the X-Division Championship, Ken Shamrock vs. Sami Callihan, and Kylie Rae vs. Kiera Hogan are the other matches that have been announced for Rebellion.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m catching up with 6 weeks of Impact that I’ve had DVR’d for ages.  I genuinely didn’t notice when they switched to empty arenas! 

I just wanted to post how much I think Jake Crist is super underrated. He’s the perfect 80’s action movie jobber, he fits his role perfectly.  He’s the kind of guy Robocop bumps off early in the movie.

• Like 2

• RIPPA unfeatured this topic

Catching up as well on Impact and was pretty interesting that they would promote all of the shows like they would happen with the "Show has been postponed" message at the bottom.  I guess they are so low on material they kind of have to.  Hell they already spent a good 15 minutes on their Impact Plus vault

Also from watching the Ken Shamrock & Sami Callahan segment in Vegas, I guess since the WWE is allowed to use TNA footage that TNA has the right to WWE footage.  

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 1

AXS TV announced they are adding a new show, "Impact in 60" that will focus on the history of TNA/Impact and will air after Impact on Tuesdays starting in 2 weeks on June 2. The first episodes will be:
June 2: Best of the Asylum Years
June 9: The X Division
June 16: Greatest World Title Matches
June 23: Aces & Eights
June 30: Mick Foley's Most Epic Battles