DVDVR Message Board

2020 IMPACT Wrestling Thread

At one of those media scrums AEW used to do after PPVs, they asked Tony Khan about health insurance for the non-EVP wrestlers, using Jon Moxley as an example. Khan sidestepped it by pointing out that Moxley has health insurance that's paid for by WWE, because he falls under Renee Young's policy, and she's office not talent.

Jeremy Borash is also office not talent. Of course he's happier than Matt Hardy is.

Edited by AxB
PPVs, not PVs. Although technically you could just call them Pay Views. You get free replays on some providers now, so you don't pay PER view anymore. Is there any limit on how long of a message you can type in this box? As it turns out, yes there is. Rig

They were tempting fate by having the angle for his match be "Rich is on a tear, but his tag partner Willie Mack was injured and might not be ready for the title shot". The Gods (of wrestling) are capricious, after all 

https://www.ringsidenews.com/2020/01/13/bad-illness-going-around-affected-many-backstage-at-impact-wrestling-hard-to-kill/

Bad Illness Going Around’ Affected Many Backstage At Impact Wrestling Hard To Kill

Impact Wrestling’s Hard To Kill pay-per-view went down in Houston last night. Some people had quite an uphill battle to climb as a sickness broke out backstage in the company.

During PW Insider Elite audio, Mike Johnson revealed that many people behind the scenes were sick. This included just about “everybody that worked the show” including behind the scenes and office employees.

Everybody that worked that show it seemed was sick. There was a bad illness going around. A lot of the producers were sick a lot of the people who work with public relations and other places were sick. The production people were sick. It was a very rough weekend for Impact in that regard.”

The Hard To Kill pay-per-view still took place without any issues. It just goes to show the dedication they have behind the scenes to carry on even if they’re not feeling 100%.

On 1/10/2020 at 8:57 PM, mattdangerously said:

You think Seth or Brock are miserable?

Considering some of Seth's recent Twitter nonsense, I think he might be a guy who is unhappy because he feels like he should be happy. As for Brock, I guess I don't think of him much as being in WWE when he doesn't work the kind of schedule the regular roster does. 

Anyway, I was being (mostly) facetious. I'm sure there are plenty of folks in NXT who are perfectly happy. Regal strikes me as being a very happy guy. 

26 minutes ago, Doghouse Reilly said:

Considering some of Seth's recent Twitter nonsense, I think he might be a guy who is unhappy because he feels like he should be happy. As for Brock, I guess I don't think of him much as being in WWE when he doesn't work the kind of schedule the regular roster does. 

Anyway, I was being (mostly) facetious. I'm sure there are plenty of folks in NXT who are perfectly happy. Regal strikes me as being a very happy guy. 

If I woke up next to Becky Lynch I know what side of the happy/sad column I would reside on.  And I am sure the majority of WWE personnel are quite happy on payday.  

• Like 2

Looks like Impact is a clipfest tonight, including an exclusive interview with Tessa. Yay. If there's anything worth watching I'll mention it here. Joey Ryan vs. Johnny Swinger might be your match of the night. 

They got a guy on here just named "Trey"? Really? And I thought Trent? was a stupid idea.

EDIT: The RVD promo (in bed with his pretty well nude ladyfriends, who get more nude as they go... whipped cream is involved) is hilarious. At first I thought he met his valet at the strip club she worked at but after noting her six-pack they probably met at a gym. 

EDIT II: Ryan/Swinger was also hilarious with the closed captioning on, reading all the stupid shit coming out of Mathews and Callis' mouths. A fan ate the first lolly after it was already in Joey's mouth. Apparently someone cares not about flu season...

The main is Moose/Edwards/Austin/Bahh from House of Hardcore in Philly

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

Looks like Impact is a clipfest tonight, including an exclusive interview with Tessa. Yay. If there's anything worth watching I'll mention it here. Joey Ryan vs. Johnny Swinger might be your match of the night. 

They got a guy on here just named "Trey"? Really? And I thought Trent? was a stupid idea.

EDIT: The RVD promo (in bed with his pretty well nude ladyfriends, who get more nude as they go... whipped cream is involved) is hilarious. At first I thought he met his valet at the strip club she worked at but after noting her six-pack they probably met at a gym. 

EDIT II: Ryan/Swinger was also hilarious with the closed captioning on, reading all the stupid shit coming out of Mathews and Callis' mouths. A fan ate the first lolly after it was already in Joey's mouth. Apparently someone cares not about flu season...

The main is Moose/Edwards/Austin/Bahh from House of Hardcore in Philly

His name is Trey Miguel. All of the Rascalz have had their ring names shortened. Trey Miguel = Trey; Dezmond Xavier = Dez; Zachary Wentz = Wentz

• Like 1

Pretty fun PPV recap show from Impact. Really liked the ending, great stuff continuing the Sami/Tessa feud. Great comedy from Ryan/Swinger and a cool main event from HOH with a big win for Ace.

The RVD segment was indeed hysterical - and is apparently rumored to have got Impact suspended from Twitch.

• Haha 1

Pretty sure Katie's nipple kept falling out of her bra and she eventually just gave up trying to cover it, as pretty much the entire 2nd half of that segment was blurred out on my DirecTV/AXS. lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Serious Darius Bagfelt said:

Geez.  Maybe Impact should just go full sleaze now for their niche.  RVD and his ladies of the night.  Tessa literally shitting on people.  Ace Austin's MILF hunt trying to bang his opponents Moms

On one hand, I have no desire to see an "adults only" wrestling show unless the wrestling is good. On the other, if you could do it without also going immediately into 17 things happening at once, "to the back" Russo style crash TV, there might be an audience for it. 

On 1/15/2020 at 10:46 PM, Oyaji said:

That RVD promo, holy shit. One of a kind, for sure. I can't believe he wasn't a bigger star and that they didn't let a brother talk back in 2001/'02. What a whiff.

I would think during the Attitude era this would have made RVD a monster star.  Now whether he was living this swinger-like lifestyle in 1999-2002 I don't know.  As far as talking he can speak fine in small spurts but at least on the early versions those early RVD promos were HEAVY in jump cuts

On 1/15/2020 at 9:46 PM, Oyaji said:

That RVD promo, holy shit. One of a kind, for sure. I can't believe he wasn't a bigger star and that they didn't let a brother talk back in 2001/'02. What a whiff.

He talked about that in the infamous "Pick A Hand" shoot where he does the HBK eye imitation. Basically he said the backstage people thought he was a dumb stoner so the only things they ever gave him to say were "whatever" and "cool".