DVDVR Message Board

2020 IMPACT Wrestling Thread

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2020/07/mistrial-declared-in-jeff-jarrett-and-global-wrestling-673017/

Mistrial Declared In Jeff Jarrett And Global Wrestling Entertainment Vs. Anthem Wrestling

PWInsider reported earlier today, United States District Court of The Middle District of Tennessee Chief Judge Waverly D. Crenshaw, Jr. officially declared a mistrial in the Jeff Jarrett and Global Wrestling Entertainment vs. Anthem Wrestling lawsuit. Anthem is the parent company of Impact Wrestling.

Anthem had filed for a mistrial earlier today after the jury found them liable. The company claims that WWE Hall of Famer Jeff Jarrett's attorney had prejudiced the jury by noting that Anthem's Ed Nordholm was not present on July 20 for the court proceedings. 

Anthem also claims that they brought up numbers during the liabilities portion of the closing arguments even when it was stressed by the court that those were to be left for discussion when it was time to cover the potential damages

• Haha 1

https://411mania.com/wrestling/tama-tonga-likes-idea-njpw-working-with-impact/

Tama Tonga is on board with the Good Brothers’ hopes to see NJPW and Impact Wrestling working together.  Sportskeeda spoke with Tonga and asked what he thought about the possibility of the two companies working together now that Doc Gallows and Karl Anderson have provisions in their Impact dealsthat allow them to work for NJPW as soon as things open back up from the COVID-19 pandemic.

Anderson and Gallows told Sportskeeda that they would love to see Impact and NJPW work together, and Tonga said the same, noting, “I think it would be great! I think it would be great to get… Let’s bring our product out here to the States. It would be great to have a platform to share that.”

Tonga noted that the companies did share a US network, albeit very briefly, after Anthem bought AXS TV. “We used to be on AXS, we used to have a regular thing here, but I think with the situation, the world situation, and things kind of taking a turn, I think it would be a good relationship for both,” he said. “Having the Good Brothers there, someone we trust that worked with us before, that understands New Japan, the ins and outs, could really facilitate things like these and I think it would be great altogether. I would love that.”

• 2 weeks later...

Someone else mentioned on my Twitter page and he was correct in that this is really the first time in a very long time that they are ahead of the curve in wrestling.    Although I guess you can say that they got Chris Bey before he became a big star.   But even Bey was a really big indie name.   These three guys were deep hidden early this year.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2020 at 4:36 AM, hammerva said:

Someone else mentioned on my Twitter page and he was correct in that this is really the first time in a very long time that they are ahead of the curve in wrestling.    Although I guess you can say that they got Chris Bey before he became a big star.   But even Bey was a really big indie name.   These three guys were deep hidden early this year.

Wasn't Bey the guy Cody was talking about how good he was and how they would be interested in...and then he signed with Impact like hours later?

• Like 1

Not exactly. Impact announced they'd signed him days later, but they actually had signed him weeks earlier and kept it quiet.

• 2 weeks later...

Barry was by far the greatest hype vid narrator wrestling has seen. Legendary voice that few can rival. I was talking about how fun TNA from 2005 to 2006 was from what I've seen and Barry Scott's voice was definitely a big part of the package. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Wee Bey said:

He made guys like The Naturals look like honest-to-God STARS.

Barry Scott could have said the sky was green or yellow, and you would be tempted to believe him just because of the gravity he put into his words.

I've been reading up on his life and career, and he has had such an AMAZING life.

He did a production where he recited Martin Luther King's speeches, and... God. Chills.

https://vimeo.com/74357409

What a life. What a man.

Edited by Super Ape
  • Like 3

https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/backstage-notes-on-how-impacts-wrestle-house-was-created-impact-in-60

A new report has surfaced detailing how Impact Wrestling’s Wrestle House concept that ran throughout the summer came about. The storyline saw Rosemary “teleport” several members of the Impact roster into a Big Brother-style reality show spoof, featuring a series of short matches, comedy segments, mixed with love triangles and various shenanigans with a 90’s TGIF-style opening credits.

According to PWInsider, it was Rosemary who came up with the concept with most of the material being shot over a week in Nashville, Tennessee. Many of the matches that took place during the show-within-a-show were filmed on the same day. Robert Evans (aka RD Evans) was the creative driving force behind the concept and Tommy Dreamer, who was featured on camera during Wrestle House, was involved in the day-to-day shoots.

Impact is said to have gone into it with a complete story laid out, which ended on the September 1st episode with the Wrestle House group being teleported back to the Impact Zone.

• Like 1