DVDVR Message Board

NWA (Current Version) Discussion

Preshow was fun, Natalia Markova is a showstealer every time no matter where she is on the card.

Kerry/Taylor ended up very good.  Kratos with an insane bladejob, that was nuts, but really put over this match as a bigger grudge match with that kind of visual.

Legit shocked to see The Renegade Twins become champs! They looked great as usual. Cool moment, thought this would be a foregone conclusion loss coming off them winning on Powerrr to get the shot here so that was unexpected. Both teams are awesome.

EC3/Kiley was rather disappointing. Was hyped to see Kiley back as he was one of my absolute favs in his WWE run 10+ years ago, but this didn't live up to much. Kiley wrestling in generic street clothes was weird and made him look a lot older, his entrance was strangely subdued. Was shocked that he attempted an over the top dive that didn't go too well. Still hope he can get back in the mix over time. 

Adonis/Murdoch was short and solid, surprised but glad to see Adonis get the clean win. 

Kamille's matches are almost always my favorite on these shows, this was a fun brawl with a great finish, also popped for her hitting the Coast to Coast. I love Kamille's epic title run and happy to see it keep going. Kamille coming dressed for a street fight was a nice touch.

Main event was a fun cluster of interference and ref bumps. Tyrus working babyface fighting from underneath was different and surprising to actually hear the crowd behind him in the end. 

NWA Nuff Said PPV full results

Spoiler

PRESHOW
*La Rosa Negra def. Missa Kate (6:08) with the Cookie Splash

*Dak Draper & Mims def. The Outlaws (Blake Troop & Jax Dane) (w/ Chris Silvio) (7:24) when Dak pinned Troop with a sunset flip

*Odinson def. Joe Alonzo (6:46) after the F10

*The Looks That Kill (Natalia Markova & Mercurio) def. Jennacide & Max the Impaler (w/ Amy Rose) (6:56) when Markova pinned Jennacide after the double arm DDT. After the match, Magic Jake Dumas & CJ ran off Markova & Mercurio.

NWA Nuff Said - February 11, 2023 from Tampa, FL

*Thom Latimer def. Fodder (6:23) via singapore cane crossface submission in a Singapore Cane match

*Kerry Morton (w/ Ricky Morton) def. Alex Taylor (w/ Danny Dealz) (10:31) to retain the NWA Junior Championship

*Thrillbilly Silas (w/ Pollo del Mar) def. Kratos (10:10) via submission after Kratos was bloodied by the exposed turnbuckle.

*The Renegade Twins (Charlette & Robyn) def. Pretty Empowered (Ella Envy & Kenzie Paige) (9:03) when Charlette pinned Kenzie with a rollup to WIN the NWA Women's Tag Team Championships

*EC3 def. "The Rare Breed" Kevin Kiley Jr. (8:33) via The Purpose submission

*La Rebelion (Bestia 666 & Mecha Wolf)(c) def. Blunt Force Trauma (Carnage & Damage w/ Aron Stevens) via DQ (6:05) to retain the NWA World Tag Team Championships when Stevens interfered, using the loaded glove.

*Chris Adonis def. Trevor Murdoch (8:21) via Masterlock submission

*Kamille(c) def. Angelina Love (12:42) after the Spear through a table to retain the NWA World Women's Championship.

*Cyon(c) (w/ Austin Idol) def. Homicide (16:27) after the Rolling DVD to retain the NWA National Championship.

*Tyrus(c) def. Matt Cardona (13:22) with the Tongan Death Grip Slam to retain the NWA Worlds Heavyweight Championship. Bully Ray prevented Mike Knox from interfering. After the match, Bully Ray put over Tyrus on the mic for busting his ass to become one of the most credible world champions out there and said he respects him. Tyrus acknowledged that Bully had his back and told him that he could have a shot anytime he wants, but they are not friends.

• Like 2

Nice to know I can continue ignoring the NWA. I just signed up for Sling, so I'll finally be able to watch Impact each week though so I'm kinda stoked about that.

Edited by BrianS81177
  • Like 1

Joe Alonzo and CJ Hawx is really good!  Ashley D'Ambroise shows up!  Her match with Samantha Starr is really good!  Thrillbilly versus Judias is good.  GOOD!  TO REALLY GOOD!

• 2 weeks later...

Ruthie J vs Kamille is good.  Gaagz the Gimp versus Sal the Pal, hair versus mask, was good until the TRULY shitty finish where neither lose anything.  The rest is pretty YEESH.

• Like 1

This was a good week.  Mike Knox wrestling face is fun.  Ashley D'Amboise showed why AEW wants her versus Kenzie Page.  Rhett Titus and Tom Latimer have ROH nPure Rules match but for the NWA TV Title.  Kerry Morton and Mecha Wolf is a good random match.

• Like 2

Kenzie Paige is great, definitely would be down with her winning the TV title. Good main event, wasn't sure who would win it in the end. Feel like Adonis won't have much of a shot but I dig the build of him as top challenger.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

Kenzie Paige is great, definitely would be down with her winning the TV title. Good main event, wasn't sure who would win it in the end. Feel like Adonis won't have much of a shot but I dig the build of him as top challenger.

Man, I don't want to actually VIEW Tyrus vs Adonis.

• Haha 1

On 3/8/2023 at 2:03 AM, DEAN said:

Ruthie J vs Kamille is good.  Gaagz the Gimp versus Sal the Pal, hair versus mask, was good until the TRULY shitty finish where neither lose anything.  The rest is pretty YEESH.

Yikes, looking at the thumbnail (and some previous thumbnail a good while back) is EC3 having Paul Orndorff-like nerve issues on the right side of his upper body?

• Like 1

Good episode of Powerrr.  I'm loving babyface Mike Knox.  Kamille versus Angelina Love was really good.  Max the Impaler DRIVES TAYA VALKYRIE TO AEW!

• Like 1

It's the end of the taping cycle so all the good stuff has already been used but it does have Kenzie Paige's little sister's debut.  She's tiny.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DEAN said:

It's the end of the taping cycle so all the good stuff has already been used but it does have Kenzie Paige's little sister's debut.  She's tiny.

Can't believe I'm saying this but Bobby Fulton/Fixers is in my Top-5 of current pro wrestling angles that I'm emotionally invested in.

• Like 2

Natalia Markova lays it in more in the second match against Labrava Escobar, but La Rosa Negra is completely AWESOME in the opening six man, tagging with Madi and Missa Kate.  Robyn and Charlette are so good.  Ruthie Jay is also good.  The combined HEIGHT of the Fixers (12 feet, 8 inches) is the greatest thing EVER.

This weeks PowerrR was good!  KiLynn King joins Taya Valkyrie at IMPACT!- though Samatha Starr does the honors.  Roxy and Ella Envy are a fun version of Pretty Empowered.  Homicide is awesome.  Aaron Stevens and Rolando Freeman have a fun little streetfight.

• Like 2

Full card for tomorrow night's NWA 312 PPV

NWA 312 - April 7, 2023
Highland Park, IL

NWA WORLDS HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Tyrus(c) vs. Chris Adonis

NWA WORLD WOMENS CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Kamille(c) vs. La Rosa Negra

NWA NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Cyon(c) (w/ Austin Idol) vs. EC3 (w/ BLK Jeez)

NWA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS MATCH
La Rebelion (Bestia 666 & Mecha Wolf)(c) vs. Magnum Muscle (Dak Draper & Mims)

NWA WOMENS TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS MATCH
Madi & Missa Kate(c) vs. Pretty Empowered (Ella Envy & Roxy)

NWA WORLD JUNIOR CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Kerry Morton(c) (w/ Ricky Morton) vs. Joe Alonzo (w/ Jamie Stanley)

INAUGURAL NWA WOMENS TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Kenzie Paige vs. Max the Impaler (w/ Father James Mitchell)

SPECIAL EXHIBITION
Thom Latimer vs. Bully Ray

Kratos vs. Yabo the Clown

BOB LUCE MEMORIAL BATTLE ROYAL for National Championship #1 CONTENDERSHIP
featuring Jay Bradley, Vik Dalishus, Homicide, Rhett Titus, Jeremiah Plunkett, Hale Collins, Mercurio, Brady Pierce, Odinson, Thrillbilly Silas, Wrecking Ball Legursky, Jordan Clearwater, Alex Taylor, Rolando Freeman, PJ Hawx, Matt Vine, Fodder, Magic Jake Dumas, Eric Jackson, and Rush Freeman.

PRESHOW:

Natalia Markova vs. Labrava Escobar (w/ CJ)

Trevor Murdoch & Mike Knox vs. Daisy Kill & Talos

HAIR VS MASK STRAP MATCH
Sal the Pal vs. Gaagz the Gymp

NWA US TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS MATCH
The Country Gentlemen (AJ Cazana & Anthony Andrews)(c) vs. The SVGS (Jax Dane & Blake Troop w/ Chris Silvio)

Edited by DreamBroken