DVDVR Message Board

NWA (Current Version) Discussion

Oh MAN!  KiLynn King versus Taya Valkyrie is SOOOO fucking good.  Taya is fucking great.  The Hex versus Natalia Markova and Taryn Terrell is fine.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

Going in I was thinking Taya was winning that, so was pleasantly surprised to see KiLynn victorious.  Kamille forever, but if her reign has to end, KiLynn coming back around to do it is the absolute best choice.

I loved the battle of lucha submissions.  I love that King adapted to Taya's lucha style matwork.

• Like 1

Interesting structure on that one. They started with the feeling out kicks. King used her strength to take an advantage but went to the same well once too often. Taya had to chip away at her so that she could open things up to the lucha submissions. The style usually has matches starting out with them when you see them at all but here she built to them. King came back. Taya in cutting her off maybe went to that well too often or moved around body parts too much (hurt shoulder unlocking legs which unlocked the stomp, but she wasn't able to put her away so the shoulder was still usable by King), and then the finish out of nowhere. I would have liked a little more struggle on King's finisher, some toil from the hurt body parts that she had to fight through to hit it but otherwise, it was a fun match.

• Like 2

On 10/15/2022 at 7:02 PM, DEAN said:

Homicide continues his hot streak against Doug Williams

After reading this, I had the urge to double-check which decade I had woken up in. Thought maybe the clocks reset to 2004 while I was sleeeping.

• Like 2

This Flip Gordon/Colby Corino match is really fun.  The MOST fun is the Spectaculars vs the Cardona Family.  Matt Cordona and his cohorts are such GREAT cheaters.  Rolando Freeman is preposterous but I'm not made of wood.

• Like 1

I get that Nick Aldis is somewhat good at playing a certain kind of role...e.g. doing what he was doing in NWA with the belt. And that he does certain little things well. And that he can talk. But he still feels quite limited as a worker in 2022. 

I could see him working as a player-coach in NXT, but I can't really see him on the main roster - maybe he could be a manager/mentor for Pretty Deadly or something.

• Like 1

i liked Aldis for the first year+ of the NWA revival, and even his extended tour with the belt didn't feel egregious to me. (FYI I haven't watched NWA since it came back after the pandemic). But yeah, i guess i don't see him really fitting in with WWE or AEW. i mean, there's always Impact, but that feels like a parallel move at best. It may come with more money but he'll lose whatever creative input he had (i don't know 100% but i always felt like he was a large part of the creative process in early NWA).

i wish him the best and hope he lands somewhere beneficial.

So was this a work that became a shoot? I didn't follow so closely, but it seemed like they WERE running some sort of Inside Baseball angle before this most recent issue?

Nick Aldis is steady and well rounded and would be an excellent veteran tag partner. Especially for some young gun in need of a little tutelage or a good mic-man, but somebody with a little of that pizzazz that Aldis lacks. Also, Impact, having lost a few players lately (with more to come), would probably be a nice and mutually beneficial place for Aldo to land. 

If anybody out there is following the current NWA and would like to bring a fellow poster up to speed I'm all ears.

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 1

Don't regularly follow NWA much less anything outside of Bloodline clips, but just now I see Billy Corgan trending right?

And suddenly that old line Tony Kahn had said about Empower and paying for some of the women to show up makes more sense

Feel like business is about to pick up foe the dirt sheets and then, come Wednesday, Tony'll do something to get everyone ganging up on him again 🤣

/s

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Fightful reports that Taryn Terrell has told others that she has also given her notice to the NWA. The report states that Taryn expressed concern about the lack of direction of the show and she was not happy with the company's reaction after she said her head was hurting after a match. Terrell reportedly hoped to finish out her remaining dates but is unable to."

EDIT: Taryn has since announced her official complete retirement from wrestling.

Damn, she was always a highlight. 

Edited by DreamBroken

Full card for NWA Hard Times 3 PPV on this Saturday:

NWA WORLDS HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Trevor Murdoch(c) vs. Matt Cardona vs. Tyrus

NWA WOMENS CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Kamille(c) vs. KiLynn King vs. Chelsea Green

NWA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS MATCH
La Rebelion (Bestia 666 & Mecha Wolf)(c) (w/ Damian 666) vs. Hawx Aerie (Luke Hawx & PJ Hawx)

NWA JUNIOR CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Homicide(c) vs. Kerry Morton (w/ Ricky Morton)

MLW NATIONAL OPENWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Davey Richards(c) vs. Colby Corino

NWA NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Cyon(c) (w/ Austin Idol) vs. Dak Draper

NWA WOMENS TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS MATCH
Pretty Empowered (Ella Envy & Kenzie Paige)(c) vs. Madi & Missa Kate

NWA UNITED STATES TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS MATCH
The Fixers (Jay Bradley & Wrecking Ball Legursky)(c) vs. The Spectaculars (Rush Freeman & Brady Pierce) (w/ Rolando Freeman)

VOODOO QUEEN CASKET MATCH
Natalia Markova vs. Max the Impaler (w/ Father James Mitchell)

MASK vs MASK MATCH
The Question Mark (w/ Aron Stevens) vs. The Question Mark II (w/ Kratos)

EC3 vs. Thom Latimer

PRESHOW:

HARDCORE WAR
Mercurio, Magic Jake Dumas, & Jax Dane (w/ CJ & Chris Silvio) vs. Anthony Mayweather, JTG, & The Pope

NWA TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
AJ Cazana (w/ Anthony Andrews) vs. Jordan Clearwater (w/ BLK Jeez)

WILDKAT SPORTS TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Slime Szn (Bu Ku Dao & J Spade)(c) vs. The Miserably Faithful (Sal the Pal & Gaagz the Gymp)