DVDVR Message Board

NWA (Current Version) Discussion

10 hours ago, Valcourt said:

Cardona has had a wild ass 2021. 

Cody said on an episode of Talk of is Jericho right after he left the WWE that if Matt Cordons left the WWE he’d be one of the bigger stars on the indies and well he was right.

• Like 2

Fun follow ups to Hard Times. Jennacide looked good. Cool to see The British Invasion back together. I'm down for more Tyrus/Cyon after their ppv match, dug their brief segment here. Looking forward to next week's Hex vs. Mickie/Kiera tag and next month's upcoming NWA USA starting up. 

NWA Powerrr season 7 premiere results - December 8, 2021

Spoiler

NWA Powerrr - December 8, 2021

*Colby Corino & The Fixers (Jay Bradley & Wrecking Ball Legursky) def. Victor Benjamin & OGK (Matt Taven & Mike Bennett) (7:31) when Corino pinned Victor with the Sonsetter.

*Kyle Davis interviewed Jax Dane, who blamed Anthony Mayweather for his loss at the Hard Times preshow. Jax announced he has demanded a rematch with Mims but was told no, so he offered up his championship series title shot.

-the NWA's new weekly show "NWA USA" will premiere on Saturday January 8 at noon and will air on Youtube which will feature the NWA Junior Championship tournament and a focus on the National championship.

*Thom Latimer def. Miguel Robles (3:27) after the Piledriver

*Jennacide def. Paola Blaze (4:43) after a side slam. Taryn Terrell watched from ringside. Natalia Markova attempted to interfere.

*Kyle Davis interviewed Tyrus (w/ Austin Idol, BLK Jeez, & Jordan Clearwater), who put over his performance at Hard Times. Cyon the Masked Man interrupted to thank Tyrus for teaching him a lesson at Hard Times. Cyon talked about having a father who was an NWA Champion that never taught him the lessons. Cyon asked Tyrus for a rematch and said he'd do anything to earn it. Tyrus said they would get back to him.

*Kyle Davis interviewed Nick Aldis & Mickie James. Mickie put over her match with Kiera at Hard Times. Aldis announced he wants to mix it up with some of the great tag teams in the NWA and reunite the British Invasion. Doug Williams came out and accepted Aldis' offer, announcing that the British Invasion was back. 

*Jax Dane def. Mims (4:35) after the Pop The Trunk lariat.

*Kyle Davis interviewed NWA Worlds Champ Trevor Murdoch about what happened at the end of Hard Times. Murdoch called out Matt Cardona to challenge him face to face if he wants a shot instead of attacking him from behind. Aron Stevens interrupted and was back to his old heel character. 

*The British Invasion (Nick Aldis & Doug Williams) def. Hawx Aerie (Luke Hawx & PJ Hawx) (6:03) when Doug pinned Luke with Chaos Theory.

Very promo/angle heavy show this week. Enjoyed the womens tag titles match, The Hex always deliver. Another nice performance from Mims, who continues to impress lately. 

NWA Powerrr December 14, 2021 results:

Spoiler

NWA Powerrr - December 14, 2021

*Kyle Davis interviewed Strictly Business (Chris Adonis, Kamille, & Thom Latimer) about their respective outings at Hard Times 2. Latimer said things with Nick Aldis were not over and would not be until Aldis is dead.

*Kyle Davis interviewed Father James Mitchell & Judais. Mitchell said they were robbed of the National Championship at Hard Times and accused the ref of not calling it down the middle, calling the Masterlock an illegal chokehold. Mitchell promised that Judais would be the next National Champion. Sal Rinauro interrupted acting crazy and asked Mitchell to let him join them in the darkness. Mitchell asked why they would want anything to do with him. Danny Deals came out to get Rinauro.

*Aron Stevens & Kratos def. The Dirty Sexy Boys (JTG & Dirty Dango) (7:12) when Kratos pinned JTG after a deadlift suplex. After the match, Aron Stevens went to the interview stage and said he's been set free and has never been better while cheering on Kratos.

*Father James Mitchell announced he would give Sal Rinauro his chance to join them with a loyalty test. Mitchell first made Sal bark and beg like a dog, then made Sal bow down and kiss the boots of Judais. Finally, Mitchell called for Sal to take a chokeslam from Judais which he then did. Mitchell announced there was one more test and had Judais drag Sal from the ring to the interview stage and had Sal drink a glass of Romanian blood.

*Kyle Davis interviewed The End (Odinson & Parrow). Parrow talked about their loss at Hard Times 2 for the tag titles and announced they were now entering the NWA's six man division with Jax Dane.

*The Hex (Allysin Kay & Marti Belle)(c) def. Kiera Hogan & Mickie James (8:13) when Allysin pinned Kiera after Hex Marks the Spot to retain the Womens Tag Team Championships. After the match, Thom Latimer & Kamille came out mocking Mickie. Kiera & Mickie argued with Kiera blaming Mickie for the loss and walking out. 

*Kyle Davis introduced Austin Idol w/ Tyrus, Jordan Clearwater, & BLK Jeez. Idol presented Jeez with a name tag as Junior Executive of Idol Sports Management. Jeez said this means he will be scouting and signing talent and introduced his first signing to the group, Marshe Rockett. Jeez brought up Cyon saying last week that he would do anything for a rematch with Tyrus so Jeez said Cyon would find out what's waiting for him next week.

*William Patrick Corgan came to the interview stage and said he's taking heat in the back because a lot of people are unhappy about Mike Knox being here. Corgan said Knox is not in the NWA but he is a sanctioned pro wrestler. Corgan said he wanted the baddest men in the NWA and Knox is a bad man, so he invited Knox to come speak his piece and he stands by his decision. 

*Mike Knox came to the interview stage with Matt Cardona. Kyle Davis questioned Cardona being there when it was Knox's time and brought up what they did to the Pope. Cardona questioned not having theme music in the NWA. Cardona said everyone wants to know why he's here and claims he just came to see his old friend Trevor Murdoch but Trevor didn't seem happy to see him. Cardona called Mike Knox his best friend and said they go back 2 decades, so he had to get involved when Pope attacked him. Davis questions Cardona then holding the title over Murdoch. Cardona claimed he just wanted to hold the 10 pounds. Davis says there was supposed to be a match but Pope's not here so he questioned what they were doing here now. Knox said he came for a fight and mocked the Pope. Knox instead issued an open challenge. Mims answered and gave a speech putting over The Pope. 

*Mike Knox (w/ Matt Cardona) def. Mims (5:10) after the Knox Out.

• 3 weeks later...

It's this week's NWA!  There is a good ladies tag match with SmileyDragon (Tootie Lynn/Kylie Rae) vs Kamille/Missa Kate.  Kamille on the mic is awesome.  She sounds like a total biker chick and it so lends weight to her wrestling PERSONA.  Matt Taven wrestles my new favorite fat guy, Wrecking Ball Legursky.  Natalia Markova beats the crap out of a lady.  Markova continues to remind me that I am so very very old.  Of the three Russian ladies in current wrestling,  Masha Slamovich lays it in the most, but Markova might lay it in more than Leila Hirsch.   It is the week of Russians debuting on higher grade promotions weekly shows!  Hey!  Bestia 666!  And MEcha Wolf and Homicide!  Against three guys!   YAAAY!  NWA on free YouTube!

• Like 1

First time watching NWA since the original Powerrrrr days on Youtube. Are they still taping in the same studio?  What happened to all the rows and rows of theater-style seats?  Is Tennessee Santa still alive?

Hey!  The first episode of NWA USA!  It has two good matches- CW Anderson vs Colby Corino and Luke Hawx vs PJ Hawx.  Austin Idol and Velvet Sky are only astoundingly irritating while announcing.

• Like 1

Colby v CW was a really fun match. Kinda cool both matches have current generation vs. Previous generation. Colby vs. His Fathers stablemate and the Hawx boys.

Agreed Idol and Sky are super irritating. 

Thanks 2022. More Wrestling was all I needed!!! ?

• Like 2

Jesus Christ, Austin Idol and Velvet Sky are AMAZINGLY horrible.  There is a four way ladies match- which I hate, and there is a three way main event- which I hate.  I dare you to watch all of the Tyrus match and listen to Austin Idol and Velvet Sky speak.  Unbelievable.  I would like to watch any of the three tag teams in the main event in an actual match.

• Like 1

Love seeing Rodney Mack get involved, another longtime favorite of mine that I always wanted to see get more opportunity in the bigger companies, hope to see more of him in NWA. Main event was a bit of a cluster and everything else was pretty short, thought the women's 4 way was pretty decent. 

• Like 1

So NWA USA is the wrestling show of the two NWA shows and this was good.  Ariya Daivari is pretty underrated and his match with J Spade is good.  Anthony Mayweather and Marche Rockett was also good, if very rudimentary.  Austin Idol was toned down a bit to the point where he and Velvet Sky don't make it totally unwatchable.

• Like 1

Due to technical difficulties with FITE, this week's Powerrr is premiering free on Youtube in about 20 minutes. (7:30 est). It will then be available for replay at the usual Friday time.

Edited by DreamBroken
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DreamBroken said:

Due to technical difficulties with FITE, this week's Powerrr is premiering free on Youtube in about 20 minutes. (7:30 est). It will then be available for replay at the usual Friday time.

That Allysin Kay/Kylie Ray match was good.  Everybody should watch it.

• Like 1

Been watching wrestling for 35+ years and have never had a commentator annoy and piss me off like Austin Idol does. I'm not exactly sure what type of heat they're trying to aim for when it comes to him on their programming but it's literally going to result in go-away heat, as in me going far away from the entire NWA product. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The Natalia Markova and teen sensation Kenzie Paige have a fun brawl and they just keep brawling and brawling.  Kerry Morton has a real Austin Ass Boy feel to him and I await him turning on his dad but he does a decent babyface match against Jamie Stanley of the Rude Dudes.  George South and Wrecking Ball Legursky have an empty arena match but it was a regular match without any blood or anything extreme so I don't really understand the point.  But everything up to it is pretty good.  Austin Idol dails back the annoyingness for NWA USA which is nice.

• Like 1