DVDVR Message Board

NWA (Current Version) Discussion

It was fun while it lasted, I hope he sells it so someone can give it a try. I hope it’s just Raven talking out the side of his mouth cuz I do not want to see the NWA go away. Powerrr was my favorite wrestling show. Fucking Lagana.

• Like 1

https://wrestlingnews.co/nwa-news/report-nwa-has-no-firm-plans-moving-forward-fallout-from-dave-laganas-departure/

Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful Select reports that the “NWA has no firm plans moving forward.” It was noted how the presentation was largely the vision of Lagana, and with him out, there isn’t much direction.

Per the report, “NWA World’s Heavyweight Champion Nick Aldis was considered for a VP spot, but doesn’t have the same skill set that Lagana presented.”

The majority of the roster who has spoken with Sapp is said to be fond of Corgan and that he treats most people with respect. However, Corgan hasn’t been very active in the company of late.

It was said that Corgan was particularly a proponent of Dice, and he wanted Starks to chase Dice for the TV Title as a primary program. This was before the wrestlers departed from the company.

Regarding Lagana leaving the company, the roster largely found out about it when everyone else did via the statement issued by the NWA.

Before this announcement, there were weekly zoom meetings with about a dozen people to talk about the direction of Carnyland. That series has been nixed for the time being.

“Talent were told via e-mail that if they don’t believe in the vision of the NWA moving forward, they’re free to leave.” A non-disparagement clause is included in the deals for wrestlers.

7 hours ago, Wee Bey said:

NWA World’s Heavyweight Champion Nick Aldis was considered for a VP spot, but doesn’t have the same skill set that Lagana presented.

Aldis can probably figure out some video editing software.  He probably can't do any worse than the Homer with the star wipe quality production they already had.

well i'm glad that Corgan denies NWA is done.  You gotta believe him too. Yeah, i know that most (all?) of their contracted talents were offered freedom, zero upcoming shows, no ongoing storylines, and questionable 'leadership' makes it tough, but obviously Corgan has a 5 year plan. sooner or later that YouTube money will start pouring in.

i'm obviously joking. i honestly wish the best for the NWA, but it seems obvious they're in a tough spot. I don't even have a suggestion on where they go from here. i just don't see it being an upward trajectory without some amazing plan, which seems pretty damn unlikely.

As long as they can keep Aldis, Tim Storm, James Storm, Eli Drake, Eddie Kingston, Royce Isaacs, Aron Stevens, Question Mark, Camille and Thunder Rosa I feel like they can re-build pretty easily. Aldis will probably get them to keep Lattimer too. 

Edited by BrianS81177

• 4 weeks later...

BREAKING: The United Wrestling Network, @nwa & @Thunder_Inc are partnering to launch a new, live, weekly wrestling PPV series on national cable / satellite TV and streaming on @FiteTV! “United Wrestling Network’s Primetime LIVE” will premiere on Tuesday, Sept. 15 at 9 pm ET.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://411mania.com/wrestling/chris-dickinson-uwn-primetime-live-ppv-nick-aldis/

Chris Dickinson has been announced as the first competitor for the United Wrestling Network’s Primetime Live PPV series, scheduled to debut on FITE.TV and PPV on Tuesday, September 15th at 9PM ET.

PWInsider reports that the weekly PPVs will be live and 90 minutes long, taking place in California’s Thunder Studio (with no fans). The price is expected to be $13-$15 per week, with FITE planning to offer monthly subscriptions that cover all the events. 

The last time a promotion tried weekly PPVs was TNA/Impact Wrestling which launched with a weekly PPV model at $9.99 per PPV.

Nick Aldis, David Marquez, and Aron Stevens will reportedly be handling the booking for the shows, with NWA President Billy Corgan having a say in all NWA-centric content on the show.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

https://411mania.com/wrestling/programming-reminder-impact-wrestling-cold-open-9-15-20/

United Wrestling Network will debut its Primetime Live pay-per-view series tonight. Here’s the lineup for tonight’s show, which will be available on FITE TV.

* NWA Championship Match: Nick Aldis vs. Mike Bennett
* West Coast Pro Championship Match: Alexander Hammerstone defending vs. EJ Sparks
* UWN TV Championship Match: Dan Joseph vs. Levi Shapiro
* Kamille vs. Heather Monroe
* Chris Dickinson vs. Dicky Mayor
* Will Allday vs. Jordan Clearwater
* The Tribe (Hawaiian Lion and The Navaho Warrior) vs. The Wolf Zaddies, Bad Dude Tito and Che Cabrera

• 3 weeks later...

haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, but last week NWA sent out an email survey. 

The National Wrestling Alliance needs your help.

Below you will find a link to a survey. The purpose of this survey is two-fold. First it will allow us to gauge your interest in the NWA. Secondly it will allow us to show potential sponsors that wrestling is a product worth investing in. Please answer all questions honestly.

The landscape of wrestling has changed over this past year for no fault of anyone's. We are working and trying to determine the best way to bring back Powerrr. With the answers to these survey questions, we can begin planning even further.

As always our end goal is to provide you the fan great quality entertainment while honoring the history and legacy of the NWA name.

Additionally we will be selecting 12 random survey participants to win a signed Nick Aldis 8x10.

Lastly if you have a specific concern, question or complaint please feel free to email [email protected]

link to the survey:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/R6YVBJ5

Edited by twiztor
fixing quote box

• 2 weeks later...

NWA has a Top 5 vide they release nce a month seemingly as the first video was last month and they just posted a second one this month, this is the Top 5 Matches on Powerrr.

The Matches are in full and they are as listed.

5. Trevor Murdoch vs Thomas Latimer Ep. 15 aired 1/21/20

4. Ken Anderson vs Eli Drake No DQ Ep. 10 aired 12/17/19

3. Eli Drake Robert Gibson and Tim Storm vs Thomas Latimer Royce Issacs and Scott Steiner Ep. 14 aired 1/14/20

2. Nick Aldis vs Tim Storm  NWA World Heavyweight Championship Ep. 1 aired 10/8/19

1. Thunder Rosa vs Alysin Kay NWA World Womens Championship Ep. 17 aired 2/4/20

• 2 weeks later...

OH, DEAR GOD. MY NAME'S BILLY. PLEASE, OH PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN. ??

Would be a more important signing outside of a tippy top guy from NJPW or WWE. She'd make everybody else in the division look better. Sign her, give her the belt until somebody can both cut a promo and work competently in the ring. 

trying to think of which featured talent is still (theoretically) signed with NWA. If you know of anybody else, please post up!

Nick Aldis (NWA World's Champion)
Wild Cards (Thom Latimer & Royce Isaacs)
Kamille
Tim Storm
Eli Drake (Tag Team champion) 
Trevor Murdoch (National Champion)
"The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero (TV champion)
*worthwhile to note that James Storm, the other Tag champ, recently appeared on Impact and is reportedly out of his NWA contract
Aron Stevens (i just learned that he is also booker for CWFH)
Question Mark
Allysin Kay (former women's champion)
Melina (?) i heard rumors she was back with WWE but haven't heard anything confirming this

if/when they come back to being a living promotion, they're going to have to find a bunch of new talent.  tough spot, as i quite enjoyed NWA Power each week. They had come a long way with the limited roster they had. For a while, it was my favorite promotion. tough to see so much hard work just circle the drain like it has. in the pro wrestling world, this rates high on my list of 'things COVID has ruined'

• Like 1

7 hours ago, twiztor said:

trying to think of which featured talent is still (theoretically) signed with NWA. If you know of anybody else, please post up!

Wild Cards (Thom Latimer & Royce Isaacs)

Isaacs' contract expired a few weeks back and he opted to move on.

Zicky Dice is apparently still under contract ... there was talk that he would be released but the NWA reportedly renewed his contract.

Marti Belle and Ashley Vox may still be under contract.

• Like 1

https://wrestlingnews.co/nwa-news/former-nwa-womens-champion-is-now-a-free-agent/

Former NWA Women’s Champion is now a free agent

Allysin Kay is now a free agent after departing from the NWA.

The former NWA Women’s Champion took to her Twitter account to share the news. She sent out a tweet overnight noting that she’s now available for indie bookings and appearances.

She also thanked the promotion for giving her opportunities. Kay wrote the following:

“As of today, I am officially a free agent,” Kay wrote. “Thank you to the NWA for the opportunities, which included one of my favorite matches of my career. I am open for indy bookings & appearances. Let’s get weird. AK”

Edited by Wee Bey