DVDVR Message Board

2020 Q1 & and now Q2 TV DISCUSSION

RIPPA

28 minutes ago, Craig H said:

And yeah, this is all pretty disappointing. I guess whatever Sam Esmail does next won't be on USA. 

It looks like NBC has him focus his efforts on creating content for Peacock right now, including yet another remake of BATTLESTAR GALACTICA.

32 minutes ago, EVA said:

Andy Greenwald’s BRIARPATCH made it through these cuts (which is an Esmail joint, technically!).  THE SINNER, too.

The Dealine article makes it sound like they’re going to stay in the event/limited series business.

Speaking of, is season 3 of The Sinner any good? As far fetched as the first two were I still enjoyed them. I watched the first episode of season 3 and it didn't do much for me, mainly because of how unlikable I found the "sinner" but thought I might revisit it after the whole thing had aired.

2 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

Speaking of, is season 3 of The Sinner any good? As far fetched as the first two were I still enjoyed them. I watched the first episode of season 3 and it didn't do much for me, mainly because of how unlikable I found the "sinner" but thought I might revisit it after the whole thing had aired.

How was season 2?  I liked the first season but it was rough and a downer and I'm not sure if I can deal with that kind of tone again.

2 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

How was season 2?  I liked the first season but it was rough and a downer and I'm not sure if I can deal with that kind of tone again.

I liked it better than the first season. It is similar in tone but I don't think it was quite as dark, but ymmv.

• Like 1

CW has announced that all new programming will be delayed until 2021

The exception is the final episodes of Supernatural which will air sometime in the Fall

Their Fall schedule will be "unscripted" shows and shows that they just bought the rights too

Masters of Illusion, Whose Line Is It Anyway?, Penn & Teller: Fool Us and World’s Funniest Animals already set to premiere and now being joined by Swamp Thing, Tell Me a Story, Coroner and Dead Pixels, all of which was acquired earlier this week.

Wasn't sure if I should post this in the Picard thread or what, but another Star Trek series is in development now and this one is described as classic Star Trek based on hope and optimism.

Kurtzman is still showrunning, so I imagine most Trekkies will still bitch about it and cherry pick whatever from the old series that it won't be "light enough" while ignoring that Original Trek's still went "dark".

On 5/14/2020 at 11:08 AM, HumanChessgame said:

I love The Sinner. Great series. I like Season 2 more than Season 1 because anything with weird utopian societies is in my wheelhouse. Season 3 is also really good even though the main villain is insufferable. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Greggulator said:

Is there anyone else on here a big Survivor fan? I am not ashamed to admit that it's my favorite TV show of all-time. Winners at War was a great season of TV.

I've never watched survior, but I'm hooked on the Amazing Race. Me and my mom are going through all the past seasons, after watching to about season 18 in reverse order(watching, 20, then 19, etc.) we decided to start at the beginning, and man those early seasons are brutal in terms of what they make contestants do. Like in season 4(?) they make them swim underneath a frozen river just miles from the North Korean border. Its awesome.

1 hour ago, Kuetsar said:

I've never watched survior, but I'm hooked on the Amazing Race. Me and my mom are going through all the past seasons, after watching to about season 18 in reverse order(watching, 20, then 19, etc.) we decided to start at the beginning, and man those early seasons are brutal in terms of what they make contestants do. Like in season 4(?) they make them swim underneath a frozen river just miles from the North Korean border. Its awesome.

My wife just started watching Amazing Race episodes. I have watched a few with her and enjoy it. It is definitely a really fun show. 

I think Survivor is the best game show of all time. Someone on The Ringer wrote today that Survivor is just like pizza. It’s still good when it’s bad. But when it’s good it is GOOD. 

Also, John Morrison was on a few seasons ago. Yes, the Miz’s tag partner. Also on the show that year was comedy writer/actor Mike White who actually came in second place. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Craig H said:

I still need to watch Discovery. I just don't want to have to pay for another service to watch it or Picard. I subscribe to enough services as is.

They offer a free month semi-regularly. Just look for one of those.

is Andromeda any good? I see all of the seasons are free on demand on Pluto TV, and 5 seasons is about the right amount of television I want to binge right now.

Keep in mind I've never watched anything remotely related to Star Trek, either.

Edited by Casey

18 minutes ago, Casey said:

is Andromeda any good? I see all of the seasons are free on demand on Pluto TV, and 5 seasons is about the right amount of television I want to binge right now.

It is okay.  The first couple of seasons are pretty good but the last two seasons were really disappointing.  They just abandoned all of their interesting metaplots and the show collapsed.

1 hour ago, Casey said:

Is this the Kevin Sorbo series from 15-20 years ago. or is there another show with the same title?