DVDVR Message Board

AEW - Jan 2020

MORELOCK

On 1/22/2020 at 5:25 PM, Tromatagon said:

Man everyone is gonna leave Suzuki Gun including Suzuki 

Unfortunately we're not getting Zack/Taichi in AEW.   I think those two would be the most over in AEW.  Bring along DOUKI too, I think he'd do better in AEW than he does in NJPW.  They'd let him use the pipe- and you know Omega would want to use the pipe himself for his Cody cosplaying dreams.

Edited by alstein

Wonder what this means for UK PPV purchasers

ITV has confirmed its three year venture into pay-per-view has come to an end.

The ITV Box Office channel, which was available on Sky channel 493, via 'on-demand' on Virgin Media and carried through online streaming platforms, was officially withdrawn from service.

Customers who had accounts with ITV Box Office have had them closed.

24 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Tickets for the Prudential Center were made available to the general public today. Already 10,000+ sold. 

I'm glad I got mine Tuesday since I had a funeral to work today. Looking at Ticketmaster, most of the floor seats are gone and the ones left are well over $300. I got my tickets from Vivid Seats and paid $97 a piece, which is a steal looking at the prices on there now.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

22 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Be careful everyone. Try not to cut yourself on all that edge.

The rental car place will be none too pleased. 

You're gonna cut yourself with a shitty spear?

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

The commentary was pretty great on this. "I have heard about Michael Nakazawa for years... and here he is."

edit: yep, that was the best Kip Sabian match I'll ever see because it was largely a Michael Nakazawa match with JR and Tony trying to figure out how to interpret it. Fuck yes.

Edited by Oyaji

Not sure how all of this breaks down, but 80K people switched from NXT to AEW in order to watch Moxley/PAC. Britt Baker vs Priscilla Kelly was the highest rated quarter segment of the show, but also SCU vs Hangman/Omega had the highest viewership in the 18-49 demo.

NXT didn't win a single quarter hour rating battle.

• Like 3

So Dark is 32 minutes this week, but then Sabian vs Nakazawa is a Dark Bonus Match in a separate video that's 11 minutes long. Why it wasn't a part of the actual episode I don't know.

EDIT: OK, I do now. Sabian also had a match (from the cruise) on the actual Dark episode, and they didn't want to have him appear twice on the same show. Although it wasn't Sabian & Ford vs Omega & Riho, which is an AEW match that is actually dark, and was apparently very good. Kenny trying to persuade TK to allow intergender matches.

Edited by AxB

12 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Yeah Priscilla has a lot of fans what can I say?!?   Anyways. Do not be surprised to see everyones favorite dentist on guest commentary tonight with JR as her next heat target.  

On the bright side, I did see she is taking indy bookings again and is working the Warriors show with Tessa in Chicago.    Still think her finisher should be called the Cavity check  though. 

1 hour ago, paintedbynumbers said:

Yeah Priscilla has a lot of fans what can I say?!?   Anyways. Do not be surprised to see everyones favorite dentist on guest commentary tonight with JR as her next heat target.  

On the bright side, I did see she is taking indy bookings again and is working the Warriors show with Tessa in Chicago.    Still think her finisher should be called the Cavity check  though. 

I guess there will be a spot where Britt yells “spit!” To Tessa.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, ComingToAmerica said:

Sabian vs Marshall had a terrible finish that made the referee look like an idiot. Sabian's hands never left the ropes so there was never a reason to start counting the pinfall. Really not good.

A lot of today’s indie wrestlers have no idea how to execute shortcuts. The vets should be hammering that shit in them repeatedly if they’re planning on doing more finishes like that.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 2