DVDVR Message Board

AEW - Jan 2020

MORELOCK

40 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I think the last thing I saw from the Cow Palace was the G1 show a couple years ago and I thought that looked fine. I think AEW could make it look even better, but I thought that place was super rundown.

I was there and it was a nice but old arena. The seating levels are a little unique but the sight lines were great. I can't imagine it being an expensive building to rent out compared to other arenas of a similar capacity in the area. 

2 minutes ago, Infinit said:

I could've sworn I saw a social media post by the Young Bucks about looking at venues in California. I think they were at the arena in Ontario? 

Toyota center. I think it’s safe to assume that will be the “LA” venue. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Shit, I watched Superbrawl VIII last night. They can run the Cow Palace, but as long as they figure out a way to bring back that entrance set from that show, I will be satisfied. This is why I get upset everytime Meltzer fawns over Bellator re-using WWF's plain, generic ass video wall and graphics from the mid 90s.  Like dude...I know WCW got really bad at the end and MMA isn't always about presentation but we got to have higher standards than that.

MMA would be greatly enhanced by hiring screeching woman from PRIDE. Wonder what she's doing these days?

49 minutes ago, Go2Sleep said:

General AEW question that I've probably missed the answer to somewhere along the way:

Why does Cody no longer have a last name? Does WWE actually have a copyright on "Cody Rhodes" or was that just a personal choice?

Its a personal choice. Can't remember if WWE still owns it, but Cody has said he could use it if he wanted so even if WWE do own it still they have likely already given the ok.

10 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

General AEW question that I've probably missed the answer to somewhere along the way:

Why does Cody no longer have a last name? Does WWE actually have a copyright on "Cody Rhodes" or was that just a personal choice?

You never see it used on a graphic- but occasionally you hear the name of Cody Rhodes.

I think he got both a Matthew Jacob Friedman and an Isaiah Kennedy call on the last episode.

But, hell, JR struggled so bad with Benoit and Jericho having the same first name twenty years ago, so we shouldn't be surprised.

9 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I think he got both a Matthew Jacob Friedman and an Isaiah Kennedy call on the last episode.

But, hell, JR struggled so bad with Benoit and Jericho having the same first name twenty years ago, so we shouldn't be surprised.

And you wonder why Vince didnt want two guys with the same first name.