DVDVR Message Board

AEW - Jan 2020

MORELOCK

How we going to take an opinion seriously when brother can't even get the name of the team right? 

Has anybody sold Marko's punches? He almost always comes in and hits a spot or two then is isolated for the heat. If you don't like lucha or the Japanese hybrid style, that's fine but this match was otherwise pretty damn good. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ComingToAmerica said:

(Warning: may be spoilers in the livechat)

Did anyone actually watch this?  What a broom stick carry job by Fenix. You know the babyface did his job well when he wins and you go, "phhhhhbt bullshit'.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

How we going to take an opinion seriously when brother can't even get the name of the team right? 

Has anybody sold Marko's punches? He almost always comes in and hits a spot or two then is isolated for the heat. If you don't like lucha or the Japanese hybrid style, that's fine but this match was otherwise pretty damn good. 

I got a name wrong.  Whoops. 

I like the style of wrestling fine.  I just don't like bad wrestling. Marko is bad so I don't like him. Everyone else was fine even if the #STRONGhearts# were bland. I feel sorry for them having to fake bump for some pretty pathetic offensive work from Stunt.

Archer to AEW would be incredible and makes so much sense for him.  He’s probably maxed out his position in New Japan, honestly, and a move to AEW gives him an opportunity to advance while also cutting back on his workload, which is probably crucial, given his age and injury history.

20 hours ago, Oyaji said:

edit: Stronghearts vs. Jurassic Express was very good. I get why they can't do a whole lot more than what they're already doing with Stronghearts but man are they good. CIMA in tags can pick his spots and save himself for big spots, so he looks great there. T-Hawk is a stud and a star in the waiting in America, Japan, wherever. Lindaman is really fun too, the stocky bastard that he is.

Any YouTube recommendations on T-Hawk.  I like what I’ve seen in aew and locally at an indie, but I feel like I’ve yet to see a break out performance.  I really like Lindaman.  And completely agree on the legendary Cima.

Stoked to hear Archer’s in talks.  He’s been excellent this past year in New Japan.  

Since they probably couldn't put Slapdick up there, I wish they would have put "Still Somehow Married to Lois Schiavone's Crazy Alcoholic, Fox News Watching Ass" as one of Tony's bullet points just for WHW listeners.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Potentially Brodie Lee, and Lance Archer? This will either be good for Luchasaurus(learning from big man vets), or bad(getting lost in the shuffle with two more talented workers showing him up). 

It's most likely going to be the former because AEW isn't going to go big man crazy anytime soon. If it's only two guys, then it would be kinda hard to get lost in the shuffle save for a serious decline.

• Like 1

That segment was so awful they had to cut to a commercial lol!!  I've never seen an in-ring promo where during the important part they  cut to a commercial.  She's not a good heel.  They went with the generic "I'm beautiful and educated" route and It wasn't executed.  I thought she would make a good heel but that promo shit the bed bad. 

15 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

That segment was so awful they had to cut to a commercial lol!!  I've never seen an in-ring promo where during the important part they  cut to a commercial.  She's not a good heel.  They went with the generic "I'm beautiful and educated" route and It wasn't executed.  I thought she would make a good heel but that promo shit the bed bad. 

She's not really a good anything if we're being honest.

I don't think there is any other promotion in history so stacked with favorites of mine but also so stacked with least favorites of mine simultaneously.  

Edited by Tromatagon
  • Like 2

He's been gone for a minute. Damn.

Real talk if all the stars alined and every one was free contractually and all the politics and BS could be put aside. A Suzuki-gun stable of Minoru, KES, Sabre and Taka in AEW would be banana. 

Edited by Web Conn
  • Like 3