DVDVR Message Board

AEW - Jan 2020

MORELOCK

26 minutes ago, Peck said:

Actually I think it's pronounced that way. Mar-SHALL. Although I don't know if Meltz makes it worse or not.

This may be but after hearing that I made sure to listen to how the announcers said it and they said it the normal way.

3 hours ago, Oyaji said:

This may be but after hearing that I made sure to listen to how the announcers said it and they said it the normal way.

I swear the first time he was on they said Mar-SHALL but then this past week it was Marshall. 

8 hours ago, odessasteps said:

FWIW, Cornette used him back in ROH and he calls him Mar-SHALL.

Yeah, that's when I first noticed it. Back when he was God's Gift. Maybe it's a heel/face thing? Mar-SHALL has obviously generated some heat on this board. haha

• Haha 1

And that the taping is happening on the boat, not some Bahamas arena.

Dark airs the Stronghearts vs. Jungle Express six-man tag as well as Diamante/Swole.

Edited by Oyaji

17 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

And that the taping is happening on the boat, not some Bahamas arena.

Dark airs the Stronghearts vs. Jungle Express six-man tag as well as Diamante/Swole.

That leaves 4 matches for next week's Dark, I guess? I don't know that they've confirmed that, though. But the remaining matches left un-aired that they taped last week are Shanna vs Nyla Rose in a Tables match, Dark Order vs. Sonny Kiss & Brandon Cutler, Rey Fenix vs Joey Janela and Michael Nakazawa vs Kip Sabian

I'm thinking, as this episode is only 30 minutes, not all of those are airing. Hopefully the tables match and Janela/Fenix make it and the other two I can live without very easily despite liking Dork Order.

Janela/Fenix was apparently pretty slow because Fenix might be injured. Dark Order tag team match was said to be a squash, and I can't imagine Nakazawa/Sabian wasn't either. I can't imagine Nyla/Shanna in a tables match won't air somehow, since they've been building to that for a few weeks now. Fenix/Janela was promoted on Dynamite last week as happening this week on the cruise, so...

I'm gonna guess they all air next week since I highly doubt anything else is being taped on the ship besides Dynamite. It already sounds like a huge hassle to fly the tapes out by plane to Atlanta, I imagine they'd only want to spend two hours or so doing the show and then get it over with.

1 hour ago, matt925 said:

Dave and Bryan said the taping tonight will be put on two separate master tapes that will go on separate flights to Atlanta, to try to ensure at least one makes it ok. 

A new version of bicycling thetape. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Friend and I were thinking about the same thing. I do know that the internet on the cruise last year was dirt, so maybe that's it? I don't know.

edit: Stronghearts vs. Jurassic Express was very good. I get why they can't do a whole lot more than what they're already doing with Stronghearts but man are they good. CIMA in tags can pick his spots and save himself for big spots, so he looks great there. T-Hawk is a stud and a star in the waiting in America, Japan, wherever. Lindaman is really fun too, the stocky bastard that he is.

Edited by Oyaji

2 hours ago, Casey said:

Fenix/Janela was promoted on Dynamite last week as happening this week on the cruise, so...

The Dynamite card announced on Twitter today has Janela vs MJF, not Janela vs Fenix. Also Pac vs Mox, SCU vs OmegaPage, Baker vs Kelly and Jurassic vs Jericho/Santana/Ortiz.

On Dark, Diamante had LAX on her gear (and in her twitter handle). Not that I see Impact choosing to kick up a fuss about that.

12 minutes ago, AxB said:

The Dynamite card announced on Twitter today has Janela vs MJF, not Janela vs Fenix. Also Pac vs Mox, SCU vs OmegaPage, Baker vs Kelly and Jurassic vs Jericho/Santana/Ortiz.

On Dark, Diamante had LAX on her gear (and in her twitter handle). Not that I see Impact choosing to kick up a fuss about that.

I know this. Janela cut a promo last week about his match this week on Dynamite with Fenix, but then they taped the Fenix match after Dynamite last week. That's what I was referring to.

Hell yes. He was really starting to put together everything just before his back surgery and has continued to evolve and improve significantly since his return. He would be an absolute monster in AEW and he's already entertained the idea of a match with Luchasaurus. 

• Like 4

Dark had two pretty bad match ups this week.

Swole vs Diamante was just trying too hard to be something they were not up to with these 1/2 speed strike exchanges which made the whole thing look too choreographed to be effective. Swole is better off not doing that stuff and just hitting her stuff cleanly rather than be fancy. Her finish suffers from a similar issue where she's doing a lot of steps to get somewhere and it's not worth the pay off. Diamante going under the apron for slides is just about the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

Jurassic Express vs Lionhearts was better but also suffered from choreographed spots feeling inorganic and stagey. Marko Stunt isn't good enough to make me believe that he can overcome his obvious size deficiency.  He's not fast or sudden enough to pull that off and it makes everyone obviously going along with the act look worse. His pillow punches are an embarrassment. Luchasaurus at least know how to run through guys on a hot tag and the finish was a nice one but The Lionhearts don't inspire any sort of feeling in me so caring about them losing is hard.

I don't like Swole and I still don't like Marko that much. I think Marko is better off being the third wheel in that group where he's more or less a mascot that an active, participating member of the team.

• Like 1