DVDVR Message Board

AEW - Jan 2020

MORELOCK

2 hours ago, AxB said:

I used to like how his voice would go repeatedly jump an octave higher on one specific syllable, every time he introduced Edge: "The Rated R SOOO-perstar".

That was Chimel's gimmick with Edge.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AxB said:

I used to like how his voice would go repeatedly jump an octave higher on one specific syllable, every time he introduced Edge: "The Rated R SOOO-perstar".

That wasn't Justin Roberts.

EDIT: Slow board didn't let me see someone else already pointed this out.

Edited by Craig H

aewmemphis.jpeg

That's who is being honored. Lance, Angelo, Randy Brian and the Gilberts have all passed on so they won't be there. I wonder who shows up to represent them. I think Lanny Poffo and Doug Gilbert are locks for their respected dad and brothers, I could see Russells family his kids and if she's still around his wife but whose showing up for Brian? I don't think WWE grants Lawler permission to go cuz he's still under the contract with them. Scott Taylor maybe? But I think he's a trainer at the performance center so he may be out to. Strange to me that Bill Dundee and Jerry Jarrett are not part of the Tribute. Maybe they were afriad of Jamie Dundee possibly getting his hands on a microphone on live tv so they decided not to call Bill. 

23 hours ago, Dewar said:

Makes me wish Daniel Bryan had done some larnyx damage all those years ago when he choked him out with his own tie.

xia9a6A.jpg

Because someone had to post it/I had to laugh at it again

Now I'm gonna think of his face looking like this whenever he says "JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWN" ?

Edited by Curt McGirt

44 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

aewmemphis.jpeg

That's who is being honored. Lance, Angelo, Randy Brian and the Gilberts have all passed on so they won't be there. I wonder who shows up to represent them. I think Lanny Poffo and Doug Gilbert are locks for their respected dad and brothers, I could see Russells family his kids and if she's still around his wife but whose showing up for Brian? I don't think WWE grants Lawler permission to go cuz he's still under the contract with them. Scott Taylor maybe? But I think he's a trainer at the performance center so he may be out to. Strange to me that Bill Dundee and Jerry Jarrett are not part of the Tribute. Maybe they were afriad of Jamie Dundee possibly getting his hands on a microphone on live tv so they decided not to call Bill. 

Rikishi for Brian? 

Brian Christopher's Mother is still alive, isn't she? And he was married at least once... I think he was still married at the time of his death, so maybe his wife could represent him.

Per Meltzer, Lanny Poffo, Doug Gilbert and Shane Russell (Lance's son) will represent their late family members on Wednesday.

I recall reading that Brian Christopher was married and had children (this was per an article on Jerry Lawler's lawsuit regarding Brian's death -- the article did not have any comments from Brian's wife -- unsure if she's in touch with anyone wrestling wise or keeps contact with Lawler or anyone else in Brian's family). Brian's brother was a jack-of-all-trades on the Memphis wrestling scene (Kevin Christian was his TV name, IIRC) -- perhaps he could represent Brian if possible.

Meltzer is reporting that longtime Memphis stalwarts Randy Hales and Brandon Baxter worked with AEW officials to "put this together" -- there are definitely some holes (no Brian, Bill Dundee, Dutch Mantel, Tommy Rich or Jerry Jarrett), but it's a good lineup.

Edited by colonial

Apparently Jericho got injured in Japan. Dislocated his jaw and his knee swelled up. Having said that, I got it from what's culture so check with the Meltz before you pass it on. They also said Ospreay broke his heel on a dive out of the ring at the same show.

If it turns out the exalted one who has been behind the Dark Order all this time was actually Matt Hardy, that would be Wonderful.

• Like 2