DVDVR Message Board

AEW - Jan 2020

MORELOCK

5 hours ago, Casey said:

You saying Britt Baker is unprofessional and uses politics backstage isn't a fact, it's some random goober on the internet saying something and treating it as a fact. And people hate on Enzo and Cass for very different reasons - at first, yeah, it was the fact that neither are particularly good at wrestling (good tag team, but solo wise both were shit but at least Enzo was entertaining as a heel). Then it became about things in their personal life that were very real and undisputed facts - one was accused of rape, the other has mental issues so severe that he threatened multiple wrestlers with bodily harm and told Joey Janela he had a gun in his car and was going to kill everyone in the locker room.

These things are nothing alike. If you have people on here telling you that your behavior is weird and creepy when it comes to the topic of Britt Baker, maybe just stop it instead of doubling down and treating "what you've heard" or whatever as a god given fact. I don't like Britt Baker either, but you're taking it several levels beyond "I do not enjoy this wrestler on my TV".

except I'm not just a random goober as you put it. I've seen things first hand. I've worked shows on commentary, I've managed, done ring announcing, on air roles etc and have seen it. I also have friends who are women that have stated how unprofessional she is. Believe what you want.   Glenn Jacobs probably is a better dentist too

I feel bad for Britt, she’s been in a no-win situation from day one.  Brandy is doing the more gimmicky stuff, Riho and Shida are better in ring and Statlander has come from nowhere.  At this point Britt feels like the female Shawn Spears.

Also, add in that Britt Baker isn’t even the best Brit Baker on TV.  That’s Paul Hollywood.

• Haha 8

Joey Janella, Kip Sabina and Penelope Ford are having quite the ... charming ... tweet fest this evening regarding sexual organs.  Topics include their size, location, and ability to get Penelope a job. It’s all rather tawdry, I dropped my monocle at least twice. But not a great look for any of them.

• Like 1

Yeah this would be a perfectly fine angle on the indies especially hardcore promotions like GCW.  On a company that is trying to get national exposure this is a horrible idea.  I can't imagine Tony Khan enjoying an angle that basically involves Penelope Ford's umm verbal skills 

It'll probably be considerably less graphic on TV. This Twitter shit is just supplemental content since I highly doubt they'll be getting huge chunks of TV time to further this program. Right now it's just three people talking shit on Twitter, where it becomes a problem is if Janela goes on national TV and says Penelope only got a contract because she was his girlfriend, or if she cuts a promo about how much more well endowed Kip Sabian is compared to Janela. I doubt it gets to that point, though.

But, if it does, I don't care, because I'd enjoy it. If any of that makes it to TV, then you know Tony Khan is perfectly okay with this sort of thing. If it doesn't, then you're right.

• Like 1

On 1/1/2020 at 3:58 PM, Smelly McUgly said:

Cody at least has eaten losses with a bit of purpose, though I don't love that they'll have to eventually undo the "never fight for the AEW World Championship again" stipulation down the road.

I felt the same after the loss, but it’s an easy fix.  Champion challenges Cody either out of respect or jealousy.

18 hours ago, Dewar said:

Are P&P more over now? They won the series over the Lucha Brothers in Impact, and were treated as a top act. Right now they are just a tag team trading wins back and forth. I think they should have gone over SCU for the belts already, giving all the gold to the Inner Circle. 

I’m not much of a fan of SCU, but this company is bound and determined to make their titles matter.  The So Cals dropping the gold even a month after their tournament win would’ve been too soon.  Wwe this is not.  Patience is a virtue and you can be certain Santana and Ortiz are clutching gold some time in 2020.  Also, from what I’ve seen of their every aew appearance they’re well over.  Never saw them in Impact as I find that promotion to be complete dogshit - booking, not talent wise.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, Dewar said:

Are P&P more over now? They won the series over the Lucha Brothers in Impact, and were treated as a top act. Right now they are just a tag team trading wins back and forth. I think they should have gone over SCU for the belts already, giving all the gold to the Inner Circle. 

I agree, that either P&P or The Bucks should be champs right now to legitimize the titles as headlining belts. I'll say that yes, Proud & Powerful are more over now after their feud with the Bucks than before because they looked great against the YB and just about 250 people watch Impact. They should win their next feud though. If they lose that, then we can talk about them losing steam.

12 hours ago, Bill S. Preston ESQ. said:

Maybe he had an unpleasant root canal and is really sour about it, my theory.

or Britt and Adam Cole were messing around while he was under the gas

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Ultimo Necro said:

I feel bad for Britt, she’s been in a no-win situation from day one.  Brandy is doing the more gimmicky stuff, Riho and Shida are better in ring and Statlander has come from nowhere.  At this point Britt feels like the female Shawn Spears.

Also, add in that Britt Baker isn’t even the best Brit Baker on TV.  That’s Paul Hollywood.

Well played!

• Like 2

I just want to say I like Britt Baker. She's average enough in the ring sure, but compared to some of the Diva division we've been exposed to she's great. She has a vicious and over finisher, and I think she's going to be a really good heel. I hope she has a very Happy New Year.

• Like 2

I didn't know who Dylan Bostic was and looked him up.  There's a 26 minute clip on Youtube of him working heel against Wardlow and he's pretty much (based on an obviously limited sample size) my kind of worker.  He passes the Rip Rogers test that you know he's a heel just by the way he walks to the ring.  He's appropriately scummy and spent a lot of time actually being a heel rather than trying to work back and forth.  He didn't seem ashamed to show ass and got his comeuppance multiple times. It was a good little shit vs. big face match.  Liked it, would recommend.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Goodear said:

I didn't know who Dylan Bostic was and looked him up.  There's a 26 minute clip on Youtube of him working heel against Wardlow and he's pretty much (based on an obviously limited sample size) my kind of worker.  He passes the Rip Rogers test that you know he's a heel just by the way he walks to the ring.  He's appropriately scummy and spent a lot of time actually being a heel rather than trying to work back and forth.  He didn't seem ashamed to show ass and got his comeuppance multiple times. It was a good little shit vs. big face match.  Liked it, would recommend.

not sure if you researched deeper or not by your mention of Rip Rogers, but Dylan spent a ton of time training with Rip down in OVW.   Dylan was married to Ray Lyn aka Chantily from WOW also.   I was at the match vs Wardlow it was a fun match.  Dylan's a good  Memphis style heel. Glad you enjoyed his work!

I used to like how his voice would go repeatedly jump an octave higher on one specific syllable, every time he introduced Edge: "The Rated R SOOO-perstar".