DVDVR Message Board

Marvel - Everything Else - 2020

29 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

"FROM THE STUDIO THAT BROUGHT YOU SPIDER MAN: HOMECOMING"

LOOOOOL sure guys, sure

That's the thing that gives me pause.   Any movie that has to resort to the "From The Studio That Gave You...." bullshit to coax asses into seats is probably going to be a very shitty movie.

See also:  FROM THE PRODUCERS OF...

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

He wasn't that cool.

The Marvel Two-In-One where he travels to Dimension Z is the best peyote inspired comic issue ever created.

The first Blade vs. Morbius showdown was the best.  The ending where Blade forces Morbius to look at the cross on the steeple of a Catholic church and Morbius responds by Are You Shitting Me pitching Blade off of the roof of the church was fucking king sized.

"Crosses don't do dick."  Westley Snipes as Blade, The Vampire Slayer.

Edited by J.T.

20 minutes ago, J.T. said:

That's the thing that gives me pause.   Any movie that has to resort to the "From The Studio That Gave You...." bullshit to coax asses into seats is probably going to be a very shitty movie.

See also:  FROM THE PRODUCERS OF...

I really enjoyed how the Deadpool 2 trailer lampshaded that.  "FROM THE STUDIO WHO BROUGHT YOU 27 DRESSES AND THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

The Marvel Two-In-One where he travels to Dimension Z is the best peyote inspired comic issue ever created.

The first Blade vs. Morbius showdown was the best.  The ending where Blade forces Morbius to look at the cross on the steeple of a Catholic church and Morbius responds by Are You Shitting Me pitching Blade off of the roof of the church was fucking king sized.

"Crosses don't do dick."  Westley Snipes as Blade, The Vampire Slayer.

Blade sort of comes off like a chump from that description.

I'm optimistic for an eventual YouTube supercut where we see Taskmaster moves compared side-by-side to the original moves of Captain America or Hawkeye or whoever else he steals his moveset from prior movies.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, nate said:

I'm optimistic for an eventual YouTube supercut where we see Taskmaster moves compared side-by-side to the original moves of Captain America or Hawkeye or whoever else he steals his moveset from prior movies.

Time for the return of Batroc.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2020 at 4:33 PM, tbarrie said:

Morbius was still around in the '90s? I always associated him with the '70s.

He was a major player in the first serialized season of the 90s Spidey cartoon (season 2?), with horrifying octopus suckers in his hands to suck blood plasma because they weren't allowed to show neck-biting, and so the comics gave him more prominence for a while.

On 1/21/2020 at 12:48 AM, odessasteps said:

He was also part of the whole Midnight Sons sector of the Marvel Universe. 

This is reason I want Sony and Disney to work their shit out   I need a Midnight Sons movie. 

Blade & Morbius are known theatrical productions and Ghost Rider (albeit the Robbie Reyes version from Agents of SHIELD) and Hellstorm series are both planned for Hulu.

A Midnight Sons collab is right fucking there.

8 hours ago, Casey said:

Ghost Rider on Hulu was cancelled in like September.

Fuck.  Even so, that has no bearing on using GR in future content..

Edited by J.T.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/6/2020 at 7:29 PM, odessasteps said:

Let the Speculation Begin. 

"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Dr. Doom would be my pick, but that's too much like right for it to happen.

I'm thinking that he'll either be Mephisto in a tie in to WandaVision / Dr. Strange or he'll be somebody weird like Gorr the God-Butcher or Kang the Conqueror.

Edited by J.T.