DVDVR Message Board

Marvel - Everything Else - 2020

For lack of anything else to put here, here is the confirmation that Into the Spider-verse 2 is coming. 

This is the non-Disney property thread.  So, Spider-man stuff primarily. 

Question to posters here. Does Venom (2018) and it's post credits scene, a peak at Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018) have the biggest difference ever in quality as well as tone? Venom is a 15 certificate in the UK while Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse is PG.

Both Deadpool movies reference Green Lantern and X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and there's the same wide gap there, in terms of quality and audience maturity level.

I'm not sure why Venom was a 15 anyway. It's not especially gory or nudey, is it? Lots of "Hey cameraman, pan away and get reaction shots while I do this super violent thing, and film me again once I've finished".

• Like 1

We don't get a lot of 15 comic book movies as 12s the way to get more people seeing it. Comic book movies with 15 certficates include: Batman (1989) as a 15 but it was released as a 12 last year for the 30th anniversary screenings, Batman Returns (1992), Deadpool (2016), Suicide Squad (2016), Logan (2017), Deadpool 2 (2018), Venom (2018) and Joker (2019).

Edited by The Natural

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

This could have actually been posted in the other thread as well apparently ?

Also,  I think it looks okay! Some great actors in this.....   I'm there.  Twitter meltdowns be damned. 

I'm in.  Suicide Squad Joker be damned.

Loving the Vulture callback at the end of the trailer.

Hopefully Disney and Sony can work out their Spider-Man shit so that we can eventually get a Morbius cameo in the Mahershala Ali / Blade movie.

Not sure how I feel about Morbius's look.  He seems to be a cross between himself and Raziel from Legend of Kain…. but with his lower jaw still intact.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

Okay this was posted in the other thread and I can't seem to delete it so whatever, looks good...

WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUCK! DAT ENDING THO!

That actually looks pretty good, but it being a Sony thing makes me pretty bummed we'll never get Blade vs Morbius.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

I'm in.  Suicide Squad Joker be damned.

Loving the Vulture callback at the end of the trailer.

Hopefully Disney and Sony can work out their Spider-Man shit so that we can eventually get a Morbius cameo in the Mahershala Ali / Blade movie.

Not sure how I feel about Morbius's look.  He seems to be a cross between himself and Raziel from Legend of Kain…. but with his lower jaw still intact.

The shot of him at the end looks pretty close to a comic version I've seen but we'll see...  I'm guessing he has that look for probably less than half of the movie.  I hope hope hope Keaton is in this for more than two seconds but probably not.  Even so it would be awesome to get a Sinister Six out of this or a Blade crossover. 

My guess is the Keaton clip in the trailer is the end credits scene and that Keaton will not be in the film proper. But, put him in the trailer to trick more people in to showing up in theaters.

Anybody else see the Spider-Man poster on the wall while Morbius walks by? Has "Murderer" spray-painted on it. Sony linking their films to the MCU? Was this perhaps a part of the Marvel/Sony agreement over Spider-Man rights?

1 hour ago, MonteCarl said:

Anybody else see the Spider-Man poster on the wall while Morbius walks by? Has "Murderer" spray-painted on it. Sony linking their films to the MCU? Was this perhaps a part of the Marvel/Sony agreement over Spider-Man rights?

That could be the case.  Disney wanted more profits off Spider-Man films.  Sony probably countered with they can have more if their films are integrated. 

Edited by Niners Fan in CT

11 hours ago, MonteCarl said:

Yeah that leaked a few days before the trailer came out. It’s funny because that’s clearly the Tobey McGuire suit from the PS4 video game, too.

4 minutes ago, Casey said:

Yeah that leaked a few days before the trailer came out. It’s funny because that’s clearly the Tobey McGuire suit from the PS4 video game, too.

Not really funny that Sony would use a movie they produced as a product placement opportunity for the PS4.  It's not like they had to pay to license the image from someone else.

Edited by J.T.

Just watched the Morbius trailer for the first time. In doing so, it's still surreal to me that there's a fuckin' Morbius movie. Sony going Sony. Cameo at the end was totally unexpected. Surely can't be worse for Jared Leto than Leto's comic book movie debut as the Joker in Suicide Squad.