DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAME RELEASES (2020 & Beyond)

RIPPA

Man, I remember having a really messed up joke about my friend in Japan's STD test and him thinking things were okay because he got the X and O confused, since he was a visiting American.

Now it's meaningless

Edited by Tromatagon

Sony confirmed to AV Watch that the change is being made to avoid having the confirm button being different between the console's menu and in-game controls. In both the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4, users are able to specify whether the "X" or "O" button would serve as the confirm button (although the consoles would ship with the default depending on region).

Can you remap the confirm button on the PS3? I'm fairly sure that part is an error.  IIRC, you can remap buttons on the PS4 but not the PS3.  Google is indicating the PS3 users can't remap buttons.  

I confuse the confirm button frequently, probably because I use my PS3 regularly and the PS3 I've had hooked up is a Japanese model.  

2 hours ago, Jiji said:

X as confirmation never made any sense.

You'd be the world's shittiest pirate.

RE: The PS4 button remapping:

Remapping on a system level really screws you up because the games don't adapt their tutorials or anything to help you with this new decision.

Edited by Tromatagon
  • Haha 1

According to Famitsu, Astro's Playroom is actually a real, 4-5 hour long game.  I just assumed it was a tech demo I'd try for five minutes.  It might still be, but it has way more content than that.

Edited by Tromatagon

Per recent ESRB ratings - Wolfenstein Alt History Collection and Dishonored & Prey The Arkane Collection will becoming to the XBox

Wolfenstein appears to be the two most recent games and the expansions

The Arkane collection most likely will be Prey, the 2 Dishonored games and the Dishonored Death of the Outsider expansion

Alt History Collection should be The Old Blood/The New Order/The New Colossus/Youngblood.

EDIT: Unless you mean New Order & New Colossus are the games and are counting Old Blood and Youngblood as the expansions. Which still works, but isn't exactly true since the Blood games are stand-alone titles and aren't DLC or anything.

Edited by Casey

I don't think I've ever seen that Dishonored/Prey collection, but I know the Alt History one is already on the current gen consoles. So this is talking about a free upgrade for Series S/X, and no mention of anything for the PS5, which is interesting. Especially since Fallout 4 is in the PS Plus Collection for the PS5.

42 minutes ago, Casey said:

I don't think I've ever seen that Dishonored/Prey collection, but I know the Alt History one is already on the current gen consoles. So this is talking about a free upgrade for Series S/X, and no mention of anything for the PS5, which is interesting. Especially since Fallout 4 is in the PS Plus Collection for the PS5.

Article I saw earlier made it seem like the new compilations would be Xbox exclusives.

13 minutes ago, The Man Known as Dan said:

Would anyone else want a Baldur’s Gate 3 thread when it goes into EA in *checks clock* a half hour? Not sure how much interest there would be.

Hmm...maybe? I don't think I'm hopping directly into early access, but if you and others do, then I'll be interested to see what you all have to say about it.

My main interest is in multiplayer though, and how well that plays.

I will be messing around with early access trying out some of the different characters I've rolled irl, but that tweet definitely will set the bar low. Doubt I'll be able to play tonight. 

18 hours ago, John E. Dynamite said:

True tales from mid-stage retro collection - I finally buckled and bought those Gamecube bongo controllers.  

I feel ridiculous every time I use the bongos to play Jungle Beat, but the game's not nearly as fun without them (for me, anyway)

Question: Is the Xbox Series X/S eventually going to be compatible with all original Xbox games.  The initial compatibility list only includes 39 og Xbox games (the games currently available on XBL basically).  Microsoft has said they're going to be adding to it, so I'm assuming a good chunk of Xbox titles will eventually be compatible.

Mostly just wondering if I'll want a Series X optical drive for older titles.  I'm assuming Microsoft isn't going to upload the complete Xbox catalog to XBL.

Edited by Eoae

Sony announced they are rolling out a new version of the PSN Store & app which will not include PS3, PS Vita, & PSP games.  For now, the Vita, PS3, and PSP stores will stay online, but users will have to use the app installed on their console.

I'm wondering if this won't be the end for digital support for the older consoles.  KInda bummed if they discontinue the PS3 online store entirely (and I expect this to be the beginning of the end for it).  I probably have most of the dlc and digital exclusives I want from the PS3 store, but I still buy a few PS3 games a month.  Mostly picking up digital editions of games I originally bought retail (about two years ago, i decided to go mostly digital).  Microsoft seems to be planning to keep the Xbox 360 digital store online, so this is just another factor pushing me towards them this gen.

I'll still end up with a PS5, of course.  At the end of the day. Sony will have the games.  Microsoft still doesn't have studios I like as much as SIE Japan and Santa Monica, Naughty Dog, Media Molecule, Insomniac, Sucker Punch, etc.  But, yeah, I'm not digging anything else the company is doing right now.  I've thought Microsoft has had better hardware and been more forward thinking for a long time now.  Doesn't look like that's going to change this gen.

Edited by Eoae

Sony released a list (complete?) of PS4 games that will not be playable on PS5:

• DWVR
    • Afro Samurai 2 Revenge of Kuma Volume One
    • TT Isle of Man - Ride on the Edge 2
    • Just Deal With It!
    • Shadow Complex Remastered
    • Robinson: The Journey
    • We Sing
    • Hitman Go: Definitive Edition
    • Shadwen
    • Joe's Diner

Sony also says select PS4 games will be boosted on PS5 and run at a higher frame rate.