DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAME RELEASES (2020 & Beyond)

RIPPA

Apparently, a lot of people bought Xbox One's by mistake yesterday.  Presumably parents and grandparents trying to pre-order Xbox Series X's and getting confused by the too similar branding.  On Amazon.com, sales of Xbox One X consoles were up over 747% .  Not sure if that's daily sales, weekly, or what.  Anybody know?

(The actual figure was 2,804 units, up from 331.)

Edited by Eoae
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eoae said:

Apparently, a lot of people bought Xbox One's by mistake yesterday.  Presumably parents and grandparents trying to pre-order Xbox Series X's and getting confused by the too similar branding.  On Amazon.com, sales of Xbox One X consoles were up over 747% .  Not sure if that's daily sales, weekly, or what.  Anybody know?

(The actual figure was 2,804 units, up from 331.)

Lol,  I saw this last night and rushed to my email to make sure I didn't accidently buy the wrong system. Thankfully,  I got the correct thing,  but with the amount of refreshing I was doing,  I can see how it happened. You literally had to click through a fast as possible to get one. 

Cotton is getting a reboot:

There’s also a rumor going around that Metal Gear Solis (PS1 original) is going to be remade for PS5 & PC & that several other early Metal Gear Solid titles will get remastered.

Honestly, I’m much more stoked for Cotton.

I'm not sure what to make of a MGS remake without Kojima, then I realize that all they really needed to do was upscale Twin Snakes.  

Also, I'm inclined to call bullshit because at the end of the day, it's Konami and they don't do console games anymore.  

2 hours ago, Raziel said:

I'm not sure what to make of a MGS remake without Kojima, then I realize that all they really needed to do was upscale Twin Snakes.  

Also, I'm inclined to call bullshit because at the end of the day, it's Konami and they don't do console games anymore.  

Supposedly, at least one retailer (maybe two) leaked listings for Metal Gear Solid remasters and a remake.  Also listed a couple other listings related to other Konami ips like Castlevania.

New rumor going around is that a listing for Bloobborne Remastered has leaked.  

I dunno.  I'll buy this stuff and it will probably be decent, but I generally play games on whatever console(s) they came out on originally.  I'm not going to buy a PS5 for remasters or slightly better versions of multi-generational PS4 releases.  There were an quite a few games remastered for PS4 that only slightly improved games that didn't need remastered in the first place.

I'm sure I'll eventually become a big PS5 fan, but, at the moment, I'm more interested in what Microsoft is doing.

10 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

f8qutzd5xwo51.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Yeah, this is a meme but this is a very real issue that I can't believe Microsoft is ignoring.  When Grandma goes to buy Johnny a game system, there's a high chance he gets the wrong one if he's wanting an Xbox.

• Like 1

I thought the Xbox One name was confusing because of how the Xbox became retroactively referred to by some as the Xbox 1 after the 360 came out (like the 'PS1'). I thought it was some kind of brand reboot to simplify things going forward, but without an Xbox Two why stick the word One after your third of four systems? 'XBox Series' should logically refer to the series of XBoxes that have been released, of which the first one has no name that can refer to it by itself and the second one has a 3 in its name. It's all mental.

Does anyone know if the "exclusive invitation" from Sony to pre-order directly from them charges your card immediately, or if it's like Amazon where it doesn't charge you until it ships? I got an email from Sony earlier saying I can pre-order tomorrow.

Stadia isn't bad and actually worked really well. It's just that there's no competing with Microsoft in that space. I dropped Stadia because most of the games I'd want to play are already on systems I have. I doubt Amazon's go at this will be any better than Stadia. Ultimately, if you don't have the games or a hell of a deal for them then why bother?

On that note, I'm still loving Ultimate Game Pass. I can only play on my Note20, but it works so well and it has allowed me to try a bunch of games I never got to play before.

By subscribing to Amazon Luna, now accepting sign-ups for early access at the introductory price of $5.99 per month, players gain access to a curated library of PC games called the Luna+ game channel. Games will be playable across a broad range of devices, including Fire TV, PC and Mac, and iOS devices (via a web-based app that bypasses Apple’s app store, via Engadget), with Android support available in the coming weeks.

Titles expected to be playable during early access on the Luna+ game channel include Resident Evil 7, Control, Panzer Dragoon, A Plague Tale: Innocence, The Surge 2, Yooka-Laylee and The Impossible Lair, Iconoclasts, GRID, ABZU, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, and more.

Amazon also announced the first of many additional channels, the Ubisoft channel, which will include a selection of older Ubisoft games as well as day one access to new games like Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla. No word yet on how much subscriptions to additional channels, including Ubisoft’s, will cost.

When you think of the best games of a console generation, when you think of the definitive games of a console, how many of them were launch titles? Because the only one I can think of is Wii Sports.

Which is why I'm not buying a PS5 this year (or probably next year either).

• Like 1