DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAME RELEASES (2020 & Beyond)

RIPPA

As much as I want to play Stray (not nearly as much as wife who fell in love with that damn cat) if the Spiderman game is just an expansion then that means no PS5 for quite some time for me.  But if it is an expansion then I hope that it's for the PS4 version as well.

I haven't played Uncharted Lost Legacy yet, but isn't that more or less a spin-off labeled an expansion? Like you don't even need 4 installed to play, and it's basically another game?

Edited by Eivion

3 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I haven't played Uncharted Lost Legacy yet, but isn't that more or less a spin-off labeled an expansion? Like you don't even need 4 installed to play, and it's basically another game?

Correct

And both Insomniac and Sony have said this is a stand alone title - so either way you will not have to have the original Spider Man to play it

Sounds like it's going to be like the Tales From Liberty City expandalones from GTA IV.  A technically separate game that re-uses the maps and assets from the original.

36 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Correct

And both Insomniac and Sony have said this is a stand alone title - so either way you will not have to have the original Spider Man to play it

I really don't understand what there is to be angry about even if it is a standalone expansion in the vein of InFamous. 

14 minutes ago, Doc Townsend said:

I really don't understand what there is to be angry about even if it is a standalone expansion in the vein of InFamous. 

I think its more about the confusion and language used to describe it. 

37 minutes ago, Doc Townsend said:

I have seen some folks express it as not wanting to spend $60 (or possibly more depending on what PS5 games costs) for what might amount to a "remastered" version of the original game

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I have seen some folks express it as not wanting to spend $60 (or possibly more depending on what PS5 games costs) for what might amount to a "remastered" version of the original game

I get that, and I'll admit to being more excited before the details came out about what it really was.

But I've said before, it could be the same engine, graphics, style as the original, and as long as the story was good I'd buy it in a heartbeat. The original was so good I don't really need MOAR stuff to want to play it. There's certain tweaks I'd love to see, but all of those don't really need next gen power to exist.

3 hours ago, Eivion said:

Yeah, it's a spin-off but one that is, as I was just told a couple days ago, "about 1/3 the size of Uncharted 4".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raziel said:

AKA: Not enough people play Starfighter mode on Battlefront, so we're just going to rip that out and expand it.

I think the reason no one plays Starfighter assault is because it hasn't gotten any new scenarios since last Winter.  It actually annoys me that EA is putting out a brand new game rather than give attention to Battlefront, but the business plan sounds so typically EA.

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

I think its more about the confusion and language used to describe it. 

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

That's very reasonable.  I'm in at whatever it actually is and whatever the price point is, but I can see people not wanting to pay $60 for glorified dlc.

This does not strike me as a reasonable response to disappointment over a game announcement.

OH FUCK YOU

FUCK Y'ALL

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK IS THIS BULLSHIITERY

Edited by Doc Townsend
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Here is the Hitman 3 trailer which I am sure I am the only person who cares about

I think I would like Hitman better if I weren't utter shit when it comes to pulling off the suit-only / no disguise changes assassinations.

This is not the fault of the game.   I am complete garbage.

Edited by J.T.

To be fair I think her response was when it sounded like the game was DLC content to Spider-Man - which would have meant rebuying the PS5 version of Spider-Man and then buying the DLC - at which point her response seemed pretty on point.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Doc Townsend said:

This does not strike me as a reasonable response to disappointment over a game announcement.

*rolls eyes*

Sorry I wasn't feminine and petite enough for you. I'll make sure you never see my posts again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1