DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAME RELEASES (2020 & Beyond)

RIPPA

About half way through the RE8 trailer I was like "Is this...." then I marked out for how they did the title reveal.

As soon as the Horizon 2 trailer started I was positive I knew what it was going to be.

Pretty fun show overall. The ratio of "some games" to "OMG I needz it" was on the money for me. With that said, I'm terrible about spending money on consoles since becoming an adult, so it'll probably be a couple years before I buy the damn thing.

I'm interested to know how many of these titles are PS5 exclusive and how many are cross gen.  I mean,  of RE8 and Spider-Man are still going to drop on PS4, no need to upgrade yet.

Good question. All of those launch titles looked like dirt. Some really impressive stuff in RE, Horizon, Stray Cat, NEW ODDWORLD, Hitman, and Demon Souls were most impressive. Kena looks really neat but I don't know about the gameplay. We'll see. Even that Demolition Allstars game looks like it has potential if I can bear to endure the fucking obnoxious Fortnite aesthetic and "attitude." Fuck off with that shit. A lot to like even if that dope teaser for that Tokyo game turned out to be pretty poo lookin' in the end. Maybe I'm wrong and it's great but my hopes are dashed for now.

I was surprised that there was no date or price given. Maybe I shouldn't with the date because of the pandemic but why they so scurred about releasing their price? I imagine no news is bad news otherwise they'd want to be the first one to reveal it. 

Just finished. Most of the games look interesting at the very least, but he only one I'm actively excited for is Horizon 2. And this was another reminder that I still need to finish the first game. PS5 was always going to be something I picked up, but never at launch so nothing is really changing for me.

Only $50 for a BD Drive?

I'm curious how the Digital only model does PS4 back compatibility.   Like, does it just run the PS4 stuff off PSN as if it were a 4 (I know its using the same OS and system architecture)?

48 minutes ago, Raziel said:

I'm interested to know how many of these titles are PS5 exclusive and how many are cross gen.  I mean,  of RE8 and Spider-Man are still going to drop on PS4, no need to upgrade yet.

Historically, Sony first-party games have not been cross-gen.  They want you to have to buy the new hardware to play them.  So, Horizon is definitely PS5 only.  Technically, Spider-Man is 2nd-party, so there might be some wiggle room there.  I imagine the odds are RE8 will be cross-gen, though.

1 hour ago, Death From Above said:

Fantastic show.

I've never played Horizon Zero Dawn but maybe I should.

It is cheap.  I got it for like $3.  I've only played a handful of hours in it but the part I've played was really good.  And it is LOOKS awesome.

I have never played Horizon Zero Dawn (I know, I know). It's something I probably should play and see if it's cheap enough to warrant a purchase. It's in that realm with God of War in that I've never played a GoW game, but I've heard enough great things about the latest one that I should give it a shot. There's also a million other things to play.

And man, that console design is the shits.I'm more of a fan of minimalist designs. The PS4 is about perfect. I love the new Xbox Series X design. This looks cheap and futuristic, and not a good futuristic.

13 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I have never played Horizon Zero Dawn (I know, I know). It's something I probably should play and see if it's cheap enough to warrant a purchase. It's in that realm with God of War in that I've never played a GoW game, but I've heard enough great things about the latest one that I should give it a shot. There's also a million other things to play.

And man, that console design is the shits.I'm more of a fan of minimalist designs. The PS4 is about perfect. I love the new Xbox Series X design. This looks cheap and futuristic, and not a good futuristic.

$7.69 from CDKeys: https://www.cdkeys.com/playstation-network-psn/psn-games/horizon-zero-dawn-ps4-us-ca-cd-key

And, yeah, that console design is terrible.

I'm probably going to hold off on getting a launch PS5. I may wait until MLB The Show comes out next year and get that and the new Spider-Man game. I already put money into building a new PC and the PS4 is still good enough for now. Plus, who knows what could go wrong with the launch systems.

1 hour ago, Raziel said:

Did they say anything today that there would be crossgen?  A week or so ago, Sony basically said they weren't interested in having PS5 games run on PS4.  They seemed to be ruling out crossgen (by contrast, Microsoft said first-party titles would be crossgen for at least the first year).

Honestly forgot there was a presentation today.  I was busy anyway.  I did find time to order cross some PS3/4 imports off my search list.  

Games look great but first thought looking at the system is it looks like a damn Trapper Keeper. Might as well have retro skin and go full 90s. 

But Spiderman and Stray may seal it for us. If it can play Fire Pro and the eventual AEW game then I'll buy that for sure. 

Well, fuck.  It's high time I convinced my sister that she needs to get a PS5 so that we can continue our console exchange program and I can continue to play PS exclusives without having to buy a PS.

• Like 1

I usually wait a year or two before buying the new consoles, but I don’t know if I can wait that long to play the Horizon sequel. It’s the first game I played on the PS4 after being an Xbox guy since the original, and was falling out of love with gaming. But that thing brought me back into the fold. I’m very excited to continue the story of Aloy and her world.

The only way I won’t buy it this year is if it’s like $700 or something.

Everyone absolutely SHOULD play Horizon Zero Dawn. You can get the game of the year edition for under $20 and there is absolutely no reason not to. It's in my personal top 10 of all time. Such great world building, and a truly emotional story when you piece everything together. I literally yelped with glee at the Horizon II trailer.

I hope Stray is like Uncharted but with cats.

Me after I finally find out how much this damn machine costs...

tiger.jpg

Edited by RandomAct

Funnily I was gonna bring that up this morning as one of the streams I watch brought that up as a possibility

Because it was "Man... that is a really quick turn around for a sequel. It is probably gonna be an expansion like Uncharted: The Lost Legacy"