DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAME RELEASES (2020 & Beyond)

RIPPA

35 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Fast & Furious Crossroads Gameplay

Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez and Tyrese are all reprising their roles

August 7, 2020

But will Tyrese bitch at you for becoming the main character.  And does Vin get mad when he realizes that he's not the star?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I could only watch maybe 30 seconds of that before stopping. It's look so fucking shitty. Is that a mobile game?

PS4, Xbox One and PC.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It isn't even the graphics that bug me so much (though honestly it looks more like a very high end PS3 game than PS4), it's the audio mix. The voices all sound, you know, like they were recorded in a sound booth... and they did absolutely nothing with it after. It doesn't mix with any of the game audio at all.

• Like 1

There was a State of Play for The Last of Us Part II.

A NPC in the game is playing Hotline Miami on a PS Vita.

Yet she died by Ellie. ? You monster. 

Day freaking 1.

EDIT: I forgot -- Ellie kills a dog with a molotov cocktail. Holy shit.

Edited by Andrew POE!

5 hours ago, Craig H said:

I could only watch maybe 30 seconds of that before stopping. It's look so fucking shitty. Is that a mobile game?

The D-Pad indicator to switch teammates is right there on the lower left, dude!  It's a console game.

And yes it looks really shitty.

11 minutes ago, J.T. said:

The D-Pad indicator to switch teammates is right there on the lower left, dude!  It's a console game.

And yes it looks really shitty.

Still looks like a mobile game and a d-pad indicator is nothing new for mobile games.

• Like 1

I don't have any mobile games with a d-pad indicator.  They're either touch screen or tilt device games.   I guess I must be playing the games that the 8 year olds play.

2 minutes ago, JLSigman said:

FF Crystal Chronicles, originally out in 2003 for Nintendo(? I think, not their usual system for the time) has been remade and is being released in late August for PS4

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2020/05/28/final-fantasy-crystal-chronicles-remastered-edition-hits-ps4-august-27-with-new-features/

Oh yeah, that was the one where you plugged your Game Boy Advance into the gamecube as a controller.  Seemed like a neat idea but as I had neither gamecube, game boy, nor friends to play with I never tried it.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Death From Above said:

I honestly wasn't interested in this but uhhhh this actually looks good. It's all shit we've seen before in other games but the package looks very solid.

Not sure if the world needs another aggravating looter shooter, but this one looks fun even when unpolished.

Reminds me of Fuse.

PvP (if there is any) should be interesting since your characters can Mary Lou all over the fucking place.

If this game comes out on time, the holiday release season will be pretty stacked.

Edited by J.T.

On 5/27/2020 at 1:27 PM, Raziel said:

But will Tyrese bitch at you for becoming the main character.  And does Vin get mad when he realizes that he's not the star?

I really want a Fast and Furious game where they ride motorcycles instead of driving cars. 

And the game uses the ragdoll physics engine from Trials.

Basically, I just want a F&F game where you can watch Vin and Tyrese get folded like an origami bird.  Like Rippa said, Tyrese will be cool with this as long as the check clears.

C'mon.  I don't ask for much.

Edited by Doc Townsend
  • Haha 1

Sony announced that they will be doing a PS5 showcase next Thursday (June 4) at 4 pm EST that will feature some of the games that Sony is working on for the new console (if they will all be launch titles is yet to be seen)

23 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I am being more convinced to just stick with the Switch for the foreseeable future and not get a PS5 in the fall. I think I had already decided to choose it over Xbox if I upgraded. 

I tell myself I'm going to hold off for a bit and let the catalog buid up before I buy a PS5.  That's probably a lie, or at least overly optimistic.  I'm expecting there will be a triple-AAA exclusive at or near launch that will get me to buy.  Or Limited Run Games and other indie publishers will start publishing games exclusively for PS5 and it will cost too much to buy a bunch of LRS' titles off eBay later on and pay $50 more for every game.  

My decision will hinge a lot on backwards compatibility.  Sony has sent some mixed messages.  I don't really expect PS1, 2, or 3 to backwards compatible.  I'll be satisfied if most PS4 games run on PS5 out of the box, without having to download an emulated copy (as you do on Xbox).

In theory, I'm not buying a PS5 until at least next summer, but we'll see.  

As far as consoles go, I'd be more interested in a next-gen Sega console.  I doubt that's what the big announcement is, but the idea is intriguing.  

On 5/28/2020 at 3:16 AM, odessasteps said:

I don't know why, but I love the music on this! That bit halfway through, when it slows down... dreamy.

On 5/29/2020 at 6:58 PM, odessasteps said:

I am being more convinced to just stick with the Switch for the foreseeable future and not get a PS5 in the fall. I think I had already decided to choose it over Xbox if I upgraded. 

I skipped current gen, so I'll likely get a PS5 initially for the PS4 games I didn't get. As long as the hardware doesn't need iterating.

CDPR announced that 2077 Is still on target despite developers having to work from home to chase bugs and tighten code.

Night City Wire will be on the 11th of this month.  I will probably avoid the live event like the plague if they have a gameplay demo takes place during a live story mission, but I'd love to see more from the character creator.... except for the whole naughty bits part.

On 5/29/2020 at 11:49 AM, RIPPA said:

Sony announced that they will be doing a PS5 showcase next Thursday (June 4) at 4 pm EST that will feature some of the games that Sony is working on for the new console (if they will all be launch titles is yet to be seen)

• Like 2