DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAME RELEASES (2020 & Beyond)

RIPPA

Mafia trilogy remastered coming soon. Which is a Mafia 1 remake, a Mafia 2 remaster, and Mafia 3 is already a current gen game so who knows what they're doing to it. Hopefully adding romance options ? 

6 minutes ago, AxB said:

Mafia trilogy remastered coming soon. Which is a Mafia 1 remake, a Mafia 2 remaster, and Mafia 3 is already a current gen game so who knows what they're doing to it. Hopefully adding romance options ? 

I'd settle for making it not boring.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, AxB said:

"Now with 100% more killing white supremacists"

• Like 1

The wife and I were watching it and had the same thought - looks beautiful but there's something off about traversing hyper-realistic scenery with a still obviously animated character. 

On 5/12/2020 at 11:40 AM, The Man Known as Dan said:

Welp. Guess I’m in.

Thank Christ they got the OG soundtrack. Imagine how shitty it would be if it was littered with fucking modern bullshit.

Yeah, totally glad they secured the rights to Powerman 5000 and Papa Roach!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Raziel said:

$600 worth of DLC to follow starting to trickle out Dec 2020.

If it's anything like CK2 or HOI4 you have to hit the sweet spot like 2 years into the game's life cycle where they've patched all the bugs but haven't crudded up the base game with too many overlapping systems yet.

And a bit more of Crusader Kings for you:

Spoiler

More from Paradox:

Prison Architect: Island Bound, an expansion that hits June 11th. I don't think I have the time or willpower to dive back in during the summer but maybe some other time. Great game though.

They also released a trailer for Surviving the Aftermath, which looks like Fallout meets Civilization and Sim City. Could be good could be average. Early Access on Steam in October.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

*The best thing*

18 minutes of gameplay for Ghost of Tsushima

TZNightmare1.gif

That is seriously looking like it could be my favourite game ever. The combat being the opposite of Uncharted with 1-3 strikes taking down an enemy is just perfection and exactly what I've wanted from this. The attention to detail in the graphics (I've never seen flora look so good in a game) and wildlife all look phenomenal (lol'd at the bear sending a guy flying). The different approaches are neat. The cinematic mode had me so excited too. Cannot wait. It's too hot here but I want to find the nearest ice cave to freeze myself in like Cartman did for the Wii, damn it.

Edit: OH SHIT. I went to see who did the Japanese voice acting for Jin and while they only have a few of the English voice actors listed, there's a character I can't wait to see...

Spoiler

Onibaba (1964) – MUBI

ONIBABA

Edited by Oyaji

13 hours ago, RIPPA said:

18 minutes of gameplay for Ghost of Tsushima

HOLY FUCK~!

After today's Bungie TWAB I was a hair away from ordering a Switch Lite and getting Animal Crossing, but maybe I'm just going to borrow my brother's PS4 and play Ghost of Tsushima.

The guiding wind may be the most ingenious way to disguise a waypoint that I've ever seen.

Edited by J.T.

18 hours ago, Casey said:

Yeah, totally glad they secured the rights to Powerman 5000 and Papa Roach!

That is pretty lol, but I don't mind those songs at all in that context. 

Also: I know why they did THPS 1 and 2 from an ordinal standpoint, but I much prefer 3 to 1. Marketing team may not have liked THPS 2&3 though.

Also also: I'm another who is in like Flynn for that new Paper Mario. The art style is completely insane.

20 hours ago, Death From Above said:

I will admit I got very excited for that Black and White mode, that looked crazy good.

It better be named Kurasawa Mode.

I'm in on Tsushima.