DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAME RELEASES (2020 & Beyond)

RIPPA

Found out about Book of Travels on Tumblr this morning. Looks really interesting! From the website:

Venture out into a living, breathing fairytale world. Craft a character with its own unique personality and explore the open land however you choose. Set your own goals and shape your adventure alone or with the others you find in this serene online TMORPG (tiny multiplayer online).

• Like 1

Square Enix is talking about FF XIV patch 5.3, where they are going to finish up the Shadowbringer storyline, and I have CONCERNS about the fate of my poor Crystal Exarch. Also incoming (altho I haven't seen a date yet) are the next Nier tie-in raid, Sapphire (I'm guessing) Weapon makes an appearance, a new beast tribe quest (starring the dwarves), and the next part of the "Save the Queen" weapon storyline, as well as tons of clean up and looks like we're getting flying mounts in the ARR lands.

My hope is that we get an updated WWE All-Stars. My fear is that it will just be some mobile game bullshit.

Total longshot wish - updated re-release of No Mercy or Here Comes the Pain.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Craig H said:

My hope is that we get an updated WWE All-Stars. My fear is that it will just be some mobile game bullshit.

Total longshot wish - updated re-release of No Mercy or Here Comes the Pain.

You know, if they felt AEW's eventual game announcement was involving the AKI engine then I would not complain with both companies trying to "out No Mercy" each other.  Besides, I think a change in direction is due anyway and if they get shit together with the 2K development in a couple years then it'd be fine to go back to what they've been doing.

This is what we're getting in lieu of a 2k game this year:

I don't hate the concept but those character models are just a dog's ass.

Edited by Zimbra
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2020/04/27/release-date-updates-for-the-last-of-us-part-ii-ghost-of-tsushima/

Last of Us 2 is coming June 19

Ghosts of Tsushima on Jul 17

Is the Last of Us new release date because of all the spoiler leaks?

I think it is. I saw some of the spoilers and there's no way of knowing if it is the final copy or even accurate. I had seen spoilers for Persona 5 and FFXV before their release and that didn't color my judgment or my purchasing the game.

Whoever leaked it forced Sony's hand. It is rumored that the person who leaked it works for Naughty Dog and was pissed off due to a pay dispute; I heard that the person worked in QA.

Sony may have changed Ghost of Tsushima's date as a result of TLOU Part II seeing a new date and to avoid a similar situation. .

Edited by Andrew POE!
  • Like 1

Ghost of Tsushima was definitely moved because of Last of Us 2 - that was the general thought when the delay was announced (since it was believed LU2 was getting Tsushima's June 26 date)

It looks like they just went a week earlier than the original rumored date but I think that is more probably to give space between two major releases.

EDIT - that was all a few weeks ago so I am not sure if the leaks where already known then or just happened in the last 24 hours.

If it just happened - than no the leaks didn't have anything to do with this release date

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

What?

At least a few people here were hoping for an AKI type of game being this year's mystery game. Most understood that something like this was coming, as why on earth would they put out a sim to compete with their established sim franchise? Why does Rock look so cool and the women look like fantasy dwarfs? If it plays similar to All Stars, I'm cool. Who hasn't wanted to huck Cena to the gators at one point or another?

I'm just playing through the first one right now after getting it for free three different times, and yeah there's something so different about straight up murdering people as Joel vs killing NPCs in other games. The spoilers for the new game are very fucking interesting, and the uproar says a lot about how toxic the overall gaming community is (not we needed further proof).