DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAME RELEASES (2020 & Beyond)

RIPPA

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

I don't know, that seems like it'd be kind of uncomfortable. I like the Xbox and Switch Pro controllers because of the left thumbstick positioning. Literally the only place where the PlayStation's thumbsticks felt comfortable and natural in terms of positioning for me are playing Katamari Damacy games.

You acclimate. I've always had a PlayStation so I'm so used to it that layout that anything else feels unnatural.

The colors are weird but Sony always puts out dozens of different color options so eventually there'll be something everybody likes. 

15 hours ago, Andrew POE! said:

I Platinum'ed and 100%ed Saints Row The Third on PS3 and Saints Row IV 4 times, may as well do this one.

Same.  No real interest in a remaster unless they unlock everything.  You could tell some stuff in The Third was database secured because your gang's vehicles were normal and didn't fly the Saints flag.

What I REALLY want is a remastered Saints Row 2.  I'd also like a proper mission where I get to kill Dex and not that rehashed Saints Row: MoneyShot bullshit that got cancelled and subsequently ended up in Gat Out Of Hell.

FACT:  The protagonist assassin from MoneyShot is a woman,.  The game was cancelled, but her gear was bundled into DLC for Saints Row: The Third  That's why the tactical outfit came with high heeled boots that you wore even if your character was a man (sloppy coding, Volition....).  The custom McManus full auto sniper rifle and he Ultor hoverbike were nice, though.  The hoverbike made Barnstorming money making a breeze.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Well the remaster is coming with all the DLC so... yes???? everything is unlocked

DLC yes, but the database in the original game was still wonky.  I also prefer the gang customization options in SR2 over SR3.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

On Facebook, people were complaining that you'll have to install the FF7 remake to the hard drive to play it. "It takes so long!" someone said.

According to folks who got their discs early (mine won't be here until next week, damnit), it takes like 20 minutes. 

BUT THAT'S SO LONG!!!

People don't remember LONG installs.  It was kinda weird though, I bought mine digital and it pre-installed last week, so I can technically start at midnight tonight, if I wanted and could stay up that late.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Raziel said:

BUT THAT'S SO LONG!!!

People don't remember LONG installs.  It was kinda weird though, I bought mine digital and it pre-installed last week, so I can technically start at midnight tonight, if I wanted and could stay up that late.

TES Morrowind took at least an hour to install.

• Like 1

Cyberpunk 2077 article with concept art and world building / lore  info:

https://wccftech.com/cyberpunk-2077-gang-corporate-names-logos/

Most of the corporations and gangs like Arasaka Corp and the Voodoo Boys are already detailed in the original pen / paper game, but The Mox is a brand new faction created by CDPR and blessed by the creators of the pen / paper game.  

The Mox is a group of vigilantes that protect male / female hetero and LGBTQ sex workers from violence and exploitation.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JLSigman said:

On Facebook, people were complaining that you'll have to install the FF7 remake to the hard drive to play it. "It takes so long!" someone said.

According to folks who got their discs early (mine won't be here until next week, damnit), it takes like 20 minutes. 

IGN said it takes about an hour to install both discs, but you can install the first disc and play the first chapter while the second disc installs.

PlayStation Universe had an article on Ghost of Tsushima with some details on the setting and plot.  

https://www.psu.com/news/ghost-of-tsushima-story-complete-setting-revealed-by-official-playstation-magazine/

Apparently, the release date is still safe for now.

Re: the plot

Spoiler

It sounds mostly straightforward.  I've been guessing it would be a historical-based fantasy adventure along the lines of Sekiro or Nioh, but there's been nothing to indicate it has any fantasy elements.  Has that been done?  I feel like I'd be more interested if it was a spiritual successor to, say. Onimusha or the games I mentioned above.

It's just what I've always wanted, oh my, oh my! We have so many OTT ninja games. Gimme something like this, please. Could be a late game of the generation option if all the promise is met. 

• Like 1

Two MMOs updated us about their upcoming plans changing due to COVID-19:

FF XIV says 5.3, which was planned for June, will be pushed off a couple-few weeks mainly due to voice actors needing studio time they can't get right now.

Star Wars: The Old Republic says 6.2, which was originally sort of planned for June (altho they hadn't really said this before), is now fall-ish for similar reasons

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 4:31 PM, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

PlayStation Universe had an article on Ghost of Tsushima with some details on the setting and plot.  

https://www.psu.com/news/ghost-of-tsushima-story-complete-setting-revealed-by-official-playstation-magazine/

Apparently, the release date is still safe for now.

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 5:48 PM, Oyaji said:

It's just what I've always wanted, oh my, oh my! We have so many OTT ninja games. Gimme something like this, please. Could be a late game of the generation option if all the promise is met. 

Normally I'd say something snarky like "Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven" enters the chat, but it's and old franchise so I cannot fault you for being like ten years old or something when it came out.  There are some supernatural elements in Tenchu but for the most part, it was a fairly straight forward stealth actioner with ninja stylings.

I'm encouraged about what I hear about Ghost of Tsushima.  I think it's the spiritual sequel to Tenchu that I've been waiting for.

Edited by J.T.

A snippet from the Bloodlines 3 character development blog:

As a vampire, you don't feed to survive; you live to feed. Whether you prefer your blood roiling with Pain, hot with Rage, thick with Delirium; whether you prefer your victims to be in Fear or your partner to be in the throes of Desire: The Resonances of your victims shapes what kind of vampire you become. Be without it for too long and you will inevitably descend into Frenzy to get hold of it

So, the emotional state of the kine you feed on ultimately determines what vampire clan's attributes you will take on as you change from a thinblood into a full kindred.

I'm going full Tremere.  Blood Magic and shotguns FTW~!

Edited by J.T.

3 hours ago, D.Z said:

At least it's coming from a credible source.for

Destiny 2 grognards started going apeshit when there was a leak on 4Chan that stated that Bungie had decided to follow up the Season of the Worthy by having the mysterious force currently inhabiting the Lunar Pyramids begin to destroy one or more of the current playable planets based on whether or not players were spending enough time in the current sandbox better known as Seraph Towers.

The source did not provide any sort of proof to the rumor.

Did I mention that it started on 4Chan?  That's enough reason to call bullshit, right there.

Edited by J.T.

Dark Pictures: Little Hope

So the next game in the Dark Pictures Anthology (Man of Medan was the first)

Same people who did Until Dawn (but technically that isn't part of this)

Just to irritate @J.T. - the Playstation Canada store is now listing Ghosts of Tsushima as releasing on August 1 (instead of June 26)

https://www.gamesradar.com/playstation-canada-lists-new-ghost-of-tsushima-release-date-as-august-1/

Obviously this could just be a website error but it could mean a delay is about to be announced

As seen in the article - folks are speculating that June 26 is going to be given to Last of Us 2