DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAME RELEASES (2020 & Beyond)

RIPPA

3 hours ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

Saw an article on Twitter about Bernie Sanders calling upon Nintendo to release Animal Crossing early due to the coronavirus.

Read about half the article before I realized it was fake.

Feel kinda dumb.

"I am once again asking you to investigate Tom Nook."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We were going to give my daughter Animal Crossing on Easter, but now that she'll be home the whole time until I'm assuming after spring break (so returning April 13), we're tempted to give it to her on Friday. She has elearning every day, but elearning only should take an hour or two. Decisions...

I've never played Animal Crossing. I have no idea why it's so popular. I will still play it and give it a shot. 

Even before coronavirus, I felt like the Xbox Series X was going to end up selling for more than most gamers wanted to pay.

After looking over the specs, what Raziel said.   That should probably be a $1,200 console.  They really want to sell in for half price.  

And, do they really want to release a high-priced console (that's still probably being sold at a substantial loss) in this economic climate?  After we probably endure months or years or coronavirus, a global recession, and god knows what else?

I feel like the people who will most get to enjoy the next generation of consoles will be radioactive mutants and the cave-dwelling remnants of humanity they enslaved.

3 hours ago, JLSigman said:

I'll watch it but I'm very likely not to buy the PS5 despite the awesome rumors I'm hearing like:

- New Ratchet & Clank as a launch title

- Demon's Souls Remastered as a launch title

- Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Solid 2 remakes for PS5

- Silent Hill reboot game

- Silent Hills with Kojima

I mean, those are awesome but I doubt I will actually have time to play the PS5. I barely have time to play the PS4 and I bought that at launch. I will continue my hard as nails Platinum trophy hunting on PS3, Vita, and PS4.

4 hours ago, JLSigman said:

It's about damn time. Given everything Microsoft has shown off with the XSX, I wonder what could the PS5 possibly include to compete.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The Full Nintendo Indie Direct

That includes The Last Campfire announcement

Whenever they say "timed console exclusive," that means PS4/Xbox One versions are coming.

A lot of those look utterly impressive including...Exit The Gungeon and PixelJunk Eden 2 (!).

Edited by Andrew POE!

21 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Man, it really feels like Sony fumbled the PS5. This almost seals me getting an Xbox unless that one is just outrageously priced.

It's about the same as the PS4 reveal; that started with an one hour lecture as well.

I'm getting neither next gen. Gaming as a market is starting to dry up.

It was straight tech.  Specs wise, the systems are about the same (dependent on how the variable frequency works in practice vs. theory)  The difference between the 2 specs wise is about the difference between the SNES and Genesis.  There are things one is going to do better than the other.  It's going to come down to games.  Because you can make something as pretty as you want, if it's shit, it's still gonna be shit.

At the end of the day, the system that lets me keep ED, God of War, Horizon, Tomb Raider, and the RE's are what's going to sell me.

• Like 2

Pretty much. I hope this is the last generation of super consoles and after this we're dealing with Stadia-type platforms and don't have to worry about buying the same system as friends, because most of my dudes are Xboners and I gotsta go Sorny for the exclusives and possibility of Japanese wrestling games and other Japanese oddities. 

However, this is the first time since I think the PS2 that I won't be getting the machine at launch. I barely play games anymore and the PS4 preorder debacle is still fresh enough where I got that fraction of a fraction chance of receiving a bricked machine due to sabotage on behalf of upset Taiwanese interns working for Sony. I'll hold off for a bit here to see how it goes and in the meantime play any of the shiny games on my PC. 

Edited by Oyaji