DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAME RELEASES (2020 & Beyond)

RIPPA

1 hour ago, JLSigman said:

I have never owned a Nintendo gaming system, but I might just have to try to beg for a Switch now.

Between that and that Calico game that came out today (where you run a cat cafe) is screaming for you to get a Switch

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Super Meat Boy Forever is finally in the wild.  Released this week for Switch and PC.  PS4 and Xbox One follow in January.

Not sure what I think of it yet.  Boss stages are great and it's still extremely addictive.  But it's a different formula.  Basically it's now an endless runner with procedurally-generated levels.  I'm digging it so far, but I'm also terrible at games like this and the repeated deaths are already getting tiresome.  Super Meat Boy was an exception, but I generally find that sort of game more annoying than fun.  I'm generally not great at games, and I'd much prefer to get through a game on easier difficulty than die 50 times on every stage.

I eventually got through Super Meat Boy, but the procedural element in Forever means that if I quit and come back to the level later, the game's going to throw out a new level design.  I'm already realizing I'll probably not being able to complete SMBF (or come close) and I'm losing interest in trying.

MDickie games are notorious for being very ambitious and goofy. The teaser he dropped a couple weeks back featured Joe Rogan and Stone Cold fighting in Rogan's podcast studio with a flaming table. 

Could be fun on switch to muck about for a few minutes here and there with friends... Maybe. 

1 hour ago, Eoae said:

Anyone know anything about this:

I've heard of MDickie, I think, but never played any of their games and don't really know much beyond what Wiki tells me.

Oh my. That super duper bootleg version of Kanye's "Black Skinhead" is so incredibly WCW-style copyright dodging. That is a very effective use of some carny bullshit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Eoae said:

Anyone know anything about this:

I've heard of MDickie, I think, but never played any of their games and don't really know much beyond what Wiki tells me.

I have his wrestling games on my phone.  The trailer seems like a mashup of Booking Revolution and Wrestling Revolution 3D with a few bells and whistles added to it.  I kind of like them when I just want to fuck around for a bit but if it's going to Switch then hopefully it plays better than the mobile games do.

• RIPPA locked and unpinned this topic