DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAME RELEASES (2020 & Beyond)

RIPPA

@JijiThe only one of those I've done is the external harddrive thing. Well, just use it period - the other one I did via the cloud I guess, since I didn't have to hook up the consoles to each other. That was a smooth process, and I haven't had any trouble with the external harddrive either. But the issue I was having WAS with a game on that harddrive (Ratchet & Clank), but even when I closed the game and went to the home screen, the sound lag was still there until I reset the console (and then got the screen glitch, but it went away after a few seconds). Either way I'm thinking about using the internal storage for a bit, since PS4 games on an external don't take advantage of the SSD in the PS5.

I turned it back to 2160p right now, and the sound lag or screen glitch isn't there, but I haven't booted up anything to test it out. I'm waiting on the fucking controller to charge; this thing takes twice as long to charge compared to the DualShock 4.

EDIT: Apparently another issue people are having is the front USB port not charging controllers past two bars. I'm having this problem myself. I've seen it suggested that another USB type C cord will make a difference, and that the back USB ports will actually fully charge your controller. In lieu of not having a type C cord around the house, I'm trying the back ports. If that works, I'll just do that until I can get my hands on the charging dock (which isn't causing issues for anyone).

One other thing I don't like - there's apparently no way to buy movies or TV shows from the PS Store now like there was on the PS4, unless I'm totally overlooking it somewhere within the UI. 

Edited by Casey

On 11/16/2020 at 1:48 AM, Shane said:

Didn’t post about it because, well...I wasn’t in a very good place, but my Series X arrived on Friday. In the midst of setting it up, it turned off (presumably to restart after the system update it runs). Unfortunately, it never turned back on. After some back and forth with support, it is now on its way back to Microsoft and I await a replacement.

Like...it probably shouldn’t bother me as much as it did because I was able to get one on launch week when a lot of people can’t afford one at all, but man, in this shitty nightmare year, it was something I was actually looking forward to. Oh well...Legion and Valhalla aren’t going anywhere. 

Sorry about that, @Shane. We need good things to temporary forget the bad.

13 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Sorry. 3 pm est on Walmart.com. Supposedly others will have consoles for sale at the same time.

It sucks,  because I've never bought anything from walmart.com so I have to confirm my billing details before I can finish my order. If it was Best Buy or Amazon I could forgo that step and I'd probably have one by now. Stupid security concerns. 

3 hours ago, Chaos said:

James Bond as a Hitman game is something I can get down with considering how fun the modern Hitman games are!

My favorite bits of Hitman are usually the creative ways you can dispatch people, so no buys from me unless you can kill people with a fake swordfish mounted on a sign.

• Like 1

Well, there's no new Bloodlines 2 news other than the stuff from a month ago where Paradox found a new lead narrative director, but there is still a persistent rumor that most of the cameos in the new game will come from the LA By Night web series rather than the original game even though Damsel's cameo has already been confirmed with it's own trailer.

I just want player character Lasombra DLC.  I would also like a custom soundtrack so that I can import Sinister Purpose by CCR.

Edited by J.T.

18 hours ago, J.T. said:

Well, there's no new Bloodlines 2 news other than the stuff from a month ago where Paradox found a new lead narrative director, but there is still a persistent rumor that most of the cameos in the new game will come from the LA By Night web series rather than the original game even though Damsel's cameo has already been confirmed with it's own trailer.

I just want player character Lasombra DLC.  I would also like a custom soundtrack so that I can import Sinister Purpose by CCR.

Well Carl write v5, and "writes"/ST's LA By Night, it's pretty much canon.

Which reminds me I'm several episodes behind, but they're 4+ hours each, so fuck...

I like most of the LA By Night characters, but I thought the whole point of setting the game in Seattle was to start fresh with new NPCs.

I know that vampire politics follows you no matter where you are, but I feel that you can always tack on some LA By Night content as DLC that you can play after you are done murking about in Seattle.

I am bummed that Paradox rolled 5E Masquerade instead of 2ED Requiem for this game so if I am going to be a shadow vampire, I'll have to hope that there is Lasombra DLC content since I can't be a Mekhet / Khaibit.

I was surprised to see that Elif Parmak (the female vampire questgiver in the gameplay vids) is a Tremere.  She seems to cute to be a bookish blood mage.  I knew for sure she was a Toreador

Edited by J.T.

SPOILER ALERT: Comparison between Spider-Man and Spider-Man: Remastered. I prefer the original face for the voice and feels more expressive emotionally to the newer one. Still, only time you'll see the exposed face is when you play as Peter Parker and when he unmasks as Spider-Man.

Edited by The Natural

Did Gamestop open at dawn for Black Friday shoppers?  I kind of assumed they wouldn't 'cause, y'know, pandemic and the fact that they've had their Black Friday deals online for almost a week, but a friend of mine tried to score a game console for his kid and was in line at Gamestop before dawn.  Apparently, someone came out and told the 100+ people in line that the store only had two of whatever console he was looking for in stock and most of the throng went.

I'm kinda sad that the pandemic has upended Black Friday this year.  We live in a college town, so I'm guessing the line at Gamestop this morning would have been insane if this were a normal year.

With the pandemic forcing so much stock to be sold online, I wonder how many units actually get purchased by players.  eBay has thousands (tens of thousands?) of the each major console online but the markups are generally nuts.  Scalper culture is really thriving this year.

Speaking of which, anyone want to buy a Animal Crossing le Switch console for a couple times MSRP?  My wife decided she wants the red/blue Mario Kart 8 Switch bundle for Christmas instead of the "girlie" AC bundle I already bought, so I've got a an unopened Animal Crossing box I'm hoping to make a huge profit out of.  But, yeah, scalping is bad.  Or, at least. it will be once I sell this extra AC console.

(Edit: Just to be clear, the last paragraph is mostly a joke.  I gave the AC console to someone my wife works with who was interested in buying one, but maybe couldn't afford it due to her husband being out of work most of the year. I'd feel bad if I resold it for msrp, much less made a profit.)

Edited by Eoae

1 minute ago, Eoae said:

I'm kinda sad that the pandemic has upended Black Friday this year. 

Why? Black Friday only benefits corporations, it's not like the workers are enjoying a surge in profits. And usually, it would require them to go into work on a holiday and deal with a massive crowd of people. And then there's the entire thing of most BF prices actually show up earlier in the year at various times, but it's pushed heavily when the biggest retail shopping day of the year comes.

• Like 3