DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAME RELEASES (2020 & Beyond)

RIPPA

Come to think about it - give me a Black Cat & Silver Sable game made by Insomniac. I'm sure I'm the only one that would want that, but those two were legit my favorite parts about the game. Besides maybe Doc Ock.

One of the IGN guys (Ryan McCaffrey) has been writing reviews/previews about DiRT 5 and Yakuza: Like a Dragon on the Xbox Series X/S.  There's an article up on the IGN site and also some comments in his Twitter.  Basically gist of his comments is

Spoiler

He liked both games but neither game had the "WOW" factor he's looking for from next gen games.  Both games do sound like they're packed with content and DiRT runs at 120 fps.  It sounded like he's new to the Yakuza franchise.  He might be.  He's a longtime Xbox fan.

I'll really hoping developers don't half-ass it on the PS4 versions of games.  I'll almost certainly play some of the launch titles on PS4 first.   Haven't really decided about when or how I'm playing the triple-A third party stuff, but I'll be playing Sackboy, Miles Morales, and The Pathless next month on PS4.  You can crank out some damn good games on PS4, so I'm hoping the PS4 versions are good games in the own right.  It seems like it would make sense to make the PS4 versions as good as possible.  I didn't follow sales figures when the Xbox One and PS4 were first released, but I'm guessing the multi-gen titles might have sold better for the older consoles.  I mean, Sony is hoping to sell 7-15 million PS5 consoles through next Spring.  So that leaves at least 100 million PS4 owners who might buy Miles Morales before Christmas.

Hopefully I'm not being overly optimistic.  I imagine the only thing studios hate more than developing 4 versions of the same game (PS4, Switch, PC, and Xbox One) is developing six versions of the same game since they have to release the game for both the new gen and the old.

Edited by Eoae
typo

49 minutes ago, Eoae said:

Hopefully I'm not being overly optimistic.  I imagine the only thing studios hate more than developing 4 versions of the same game (PS4, Switch, PC, and Xbox One) is developing six versions of the same game since they have to release the game for both the new gen and the old.

Unless you are Bethesda and that game is Skyrim

• Haha 4

On 10/10/2020 at 12:22 PM, The Natural said:

On 10/10/2020 at 2:44 PM, Tromatagon said:

Yeah, leave Peter alone, Heath Slater!

Mary Jane was just trying to save Pete from that elderly-looking nosferatu in the right-hand corner.

• Like 1

Saw an article this morning that had an analyst predict that Switch will outsell Xbox Series and PS5 this holiday season.  Scarcity of supply will play into that some, but it will still be an impressive achievement for a console that's already sold over 60 million units.

I kinda want to pick up a new Switch (mine has some issues), but I'm kinda feeling that, they day after I buy a new one, they'll announce a Switch Pro for Feb.  I can afford it. so it's not that big a deal. but it would still be annoying.  I keep hoping Nintendo will confirm the Switch Pro rumors and confirm a release date in early 2021 instead of late.

I forgot all about Watch Dog Legions until I saw it on a release calendar a couple days ago.  The rest of this year is going to be packed.

11 minutes ago, Eoae said:

Saw an article this morning that had an analyst predict that Switch will outsell Xbox Series and PS5 this holiday season.  Scarcity of supply will play into that some, but it will still be an impressive achievement for a console that's already sold over 60 million units.

Being $200 - $300 less is also gonna help a whole lot

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eoae said:

I kinda want to pick up a new Switch (mine has some issues), but I'm kinda feeling that, they day after I buy a new one, they'll announce a Switch Pro for Feb.  I can afford it. so it's not that big a deal. but it would still be annoying.  I keep hoping Nintendo will confirm the Switch Pro rumors and confirm a release date in early 2021 instead of late.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Being $200 - $300 less is also gonna help a whole lot

^^ This. Whole lotta folks financially hurting but want to get their kid(s) something are gonna go for the cheaper thing.

5 minutes ago, Casey said:

It's only like $100ish less than a digital PS5. Same price as a Series S.

Can't underestimate the importance of being able to give your kid a handheld screen to play on rather than taking up a television when the entire family is quarantined at home ...

• Like 2