DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAME RELEASES (2020 & Beyond)

RIPPA

Just now, Death From Above said:

What are the launch titles? 

Anybody?

Hello?????

Miles Morales and... Uh the shitty demo that comes with? Ratchet and Clank maybe? Demon's Souls looks too good. I need that shit. 

I'm preordering the shit out of the digital edition. Games I'm looking forward to are Miles Morales (though troubling politics look like they'll continue), Oddworld, Demon's Souls. I'd think those would be out around release. 

Deathloop looked interesting too with having to find information on the right way to do kill things. Not sure buy at full price interesting but I'm way more intrigued now than I was an hour ago. I thought it was a strong showcase not spectacular. Console exclusive Final Fantasy, God of War sequel and shine for games to get us there. 

Uh okay. 

Why wouldn't they tell us this during the fucking showcase? 

I saw Keighley play the demo that I'm pretty sure he said was a demo and it looked like a tech demo. 

Never mind that shit! Demon's souls is a launch title according to Keighley! 

Edited by Jiji

He was probably playing a demo, but Sony have already revealed it’s a full length game that’s preloaded onto the console. Astrobot is one of the more fun games I’ve played for the PS4, so I’m hyped for that.

That's good to hear. We'll have Miles Morales and Demon's Souls too. So I'm a happy camper. Brother is saying that pre orders may actually start today. I'm sure Canadian retailers will get around to it whenever they feel like. 

I really have no desire to play Demon's Souls again and a little confused about the excitement for it as a launch title but I am sure I'll still pre-order a PS5 anyway. I assume they'll have a few good games out by Christmas.

God of War having no gameplay wasn't a great sign, I am assuming that is Holiday 2021.

• Like 1

Almost assuredly. 

I haven't gotten into the Souls series other than playing a bit of Demon's Souls a few years back thinking it was pretty great but the menus looked 20 years old. This is the perfect way for me to jump into it and it looked phenomenal. 

So pre orders could be today even. 

And @Craig H:

It's the same machine minus the disc drive. 

1 minute ago, JLSigman said:

I am... concerned we're getting FF XV all over again, considering how dude heavy the trailer and player characters are.

My son, who is 12 just watched the trailer and said "That's a Final Fantasy game? It doesn't look like one."

It feels like it began development during Game of Thrones, but by the time the last season came out it was already too far ahead to turn back. I heard it was more fantasy based before I watched the trailer, so I was hoping we were going to get something closer to 9, which to me would be a much bolder and exciting move than this.

Also...yeah...I'm a big proponent of less sausage fests in gaming. 

• Like 1

I've had to give up on Final Fantasy being Final Fantasy, at least what I grew up with. I kinda hate they still use the name when the games don't feel in any way like what I think of a Final Fantasy game being, but they are going to use the name to get sales, nothing I can do about it. But haven't liked a Final Fantasy since X so unless it gets great reviews I'll probably pass on it.

That price difference is a bummer as I want the disc drive but they clearly want to steer folks to digital - which will also mean not being able to borrow a friend's game which was a big issue with the announcing of last gen. Apparently people don't care anymore? ?

My 13yo son just got allllllll about Dark Souls and Bloodborne so he's psyched about Demons. 

The price difference is deviously great strategy on their part. People have fallen into the convenience of it, and now they can lock them in. People say it's 100 bucks for a disc drive, but it's really Sony saying we'll knock 100 bucks off so you'll join us in killing off these goddamn discs. It's worth it for them.

For sure but man, a hundred bucks difference? At least throw in an extra controller for that cost, that way people who want the drive don't feel so harshly fucked and people who don't care won't feel like their missing much.

Edit to say obviously I know they won't. Just a bummer.  

Edited by christopher.annino

After watching the showcase (which essentially repeats some of the reveals from the earlier showcase), I'm very much 'eh' towards buying a PS5 at launch.

What makes me less likely to get it is the fact that the centerpieces (Spidey Miles, Horizon: FW) are both PS4 and PS5 games. There's no point in having a PS5 then.

Not to mention that Sony has their first-party games see price increases and $70 USD will be their retail price going forward. I know games are expensive and we are paying for their marketing budget, not for them to actually make the game.

Besides FFXVI (OMG it's Game of Thrones with chocobos!), Demon's Souls (I know what area we saw and was yelling at the player character to block and wondering why it wasn't getting staggered more), and DMC 5 SE and maybe Spidey Miles, I'm going to hold off on PS5. I got too much on PS3, Vita & PS4 to play.

Mad Max is sooo good y'all.

• Like 1

To me, $100 isn't nearly enough of a price difference to get me to go digital. But I also buy games, beat them, and sell them while they still have their value which I realize not everyone does. Plus my brother buys Sony and we loan each other games. I don't mind going disk-less for the XBOX since I mostly use it for GamePass/Gold games anyway, but for Sony I'll be a disk guy until they force me to do otherwise.

I dunno if anyone posted the list, didn't see it, but these are the PS4 games available at launch as part of the "PS Plus Collection." Its not a bad selection and since I have Plus already there is no extra cost, but it still feels like "we have limited new launch titles so uh here play these for a bit instead."

QqH4g4R.jpg