DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAME RELEASES (2020 & Beyond)

RIPPA

The team that did the excellent Death Road To Canada are working on a new game called Cannibal Crossing that I will have to try out at some point: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1304090/Cannibal_Crossing/

Maybe also surprisingly they put out another (maybe last?) big update for Death Road today as well. Cool little company.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Death From Above said:

The team that did the excellent Death Road To Canada are working on a new game called Cannibal Crossing that I will have to try out at some point: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1304090/Cannibal_Crossing/

It could be due to my wife being obsessed with it but I swear without clicking on the link I at first though they made a fucked up version of Animal Crossing where things really went off the rails.  I know somebody did a parody game heading that way but it wasn't good from the videos I saw.

As for PS5 I'll be curious to see what they mention tomorrow.  I feel pretty comfortable in getting it but at least one or two more killer games to get will seal the deal.

Speaking of PS5, Sony revised it's production estimate for the the console back to 11 million units.  They had planned to manufacture 15 million consoles through March 2021, but problems with the chip have forced them to revise.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-09-15/sony-is-said-to-cut-ps5-forecast-by-4-million-due-to-chip-woes

It's worth noting that Sony originally planned to make about 6 million consoles to start with, but raised estimates due to the pandemic.  The company is supposedly confident it will have enough consoles to meet holiday demand.

Edit: Sony is claiming the Bloomberg story is false.

Edited by Eoae

Game Pass was just updated on Android. I'm eager to try this out, but I'm expecting it to just be similar to the preview experience. Although there will be a whole lot more games to play this time around.

I got around to playing about 30 to 45 minutes of Halo 5 because I never got a chance to play Halo 5 before. Even on my Note20, it's hard to tell what's going on at times because of the small screen. It makes me think streaming a FPS to a phone, even one with a large display, isn't the best choice. It still played pretty well for the most part, but I did notice a lot of screen tearing and stuff like that. I'm guessing a lot of people were jumping on to try it out today.

Forza Horizon plays and looks as good as it did on my PC though, and that was a better experience.

1 minute ago, Death From Above said:

How the hell do you develop FF16 for years and no one leaks anything until a week before launch?

Did they announce a date? I did not see anything besides the "console exclusive (*) ... (*) also available on PC" note.

Edited by Robert s

LOL There are some really odd choices for games they're showing off to work with this new PS+ Collection, like Infamous Second Son or Detroit or the worst Battlefield game since 2049. That's not a terrible service, but just the choice of games is...weird.