DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAME RELEASES (2020 & Beyond)

RIPPA

Ubisoft's Prince of Persia game is, in fact, a Remake of Sands of Time.   I'm ok with that, so long as they also remake Warrior Within and Two Thrones (and licence the Godsmack songs for WW).

Oh, and kinda make the combat not as monotonous.

4 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Ubisoft's Prince of Persia game is, in fact, a Remake of Sands of Time.   I'm ok with that, so long as they also remake Warrior Within and Two Thrones (and licence the Godsmack songs for WW).

Oh, and kinda make the combat not as monotonous.

7 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Immortals: Fenyx Rising

Reminder again that this was the game that used to be titled Gods & Monsters

That looks completely derivative and yet magnificent at the same time. Like a sanitized version of Greek mythology. God Of War without the sociopathy. I'm into it. 

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

A lot of rumors going around that Scott Pilgrim vs The World The Game will be announced as coming back today.

And you are confirmed, all the platforms this holiday.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, odessasteps said:

The GX guys were not too complimentary today either.

That's disappointing.  Saw a few sites i like trash it, so.... I'll wait for reviews, but there was a quality HD remaster for the PS3, so I'm not sure why there's a need for a remake unless you're really going to put the resources into it and market the game as a Triple-A title (like Sony did with the Shadow of the Colossus remake).  Honestly, I'd prefer to either see Mechner return and work on a new game or Ubisoft to greenlight a sequel to the 2008 title and I don't think either of those things are going to happen.

Watched the Ubisoft Forward a bit ago and it was.... ok.  Ubisoft excels at making a lot of games that I buy but rarely get too excited about.  Which is weird, because Assassin's Creed is probably my favorite franchise of the past 20 years and I've been a Rayman mark since the original game was released on the Saturn.  I always feel like I should be more into Ubisoft titles than I am.  I'm a bit curious why they seem to have rebranded Steep (and seem to be pretending Riders Republic is a brand new concept).

I remember a good few years back being able to buy one of the last few codes for Scott Pilgrim on PlayStation 3, so while I can no longer feel all special for having a game that most people can't get, I do think it's awesome that people will be able to play it!

21 hours ago, RIPPA said:

You don't have a floor?

DGDTqR2.jpg

I am going to respond to your sarcastic response with a real answer ? There is no floor space around my TV stand that would have room for that giant box. To the left of the stand isn't room before the stairs, and I can't move the stand over anymore unless I found a new place for the funko pop bookcase, but my townhouse is literally full right now and there is no other wall space in the home I could move it to. Sad, but true, I'm at capacity. I can't put it in front of the stand as that is the main walkway in my living room. Its possible I could move one of the shelves up one level, I'd have to measure but it would be a tight squeeze that may not leave room for it to have air circulation.

34 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

So apparently Immortals: Fenyx Rising borrows heavily from Breath of the Wild

Yeah, I watched the 10 minute gameplay video and it looks like BOTW with some old God of War combat. I'm probably a little less psyched about it than I was after seeing the newest trailer but I may still pick it up.