DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAME RELEASES (2020 & Beyond)

RIPPA

16 hours ago, Death From Above said:

All the noclip stuff I've seen is top notch though I haven't seen that one yet. The documentary on FF14's near death and rebirth is honestly one of the best video game documentaries ever made.

Yes! The FF14 one is great. 

16 hours ago, Casey said:

My favorites are Unforseen Consequences: A Half-Life Documentary, The Making of Horizon Zero Dawn and The History of Bethesda Game Studios. Just a fantastic channel.

Nick930 and GVMERS make similar videos to Noclip's Rise & Fall of Hitman.

Yeah, Nick930 and GVMERS are awesome. Such high quality content. 

22 hours ago, Tabe said:

If you like Hades, check out the channel "noclip" on YouTube. Among the dozens of awesome game documentaries they've made are a series on Hades. 

This is the first I've heard of Noclip, so thanks.

Any recommendations on which docs to watch?  Several jumped out at me just because I like the games.

What other docs are out there (or media/production companies similar to NoClip)?  Only video game docs I've watched are King of Kong and Indie Game: The Movie.  Looking for something new to dive into.  Burned my way through most of the shows I wanted to catch up on, and crowdless sports don't do it for me so I'm not watching much sports programming these days.

3 hours ago, Eoae said:

This is the first I've heard of Noclip, so thanks.

Any recommendations on which docs to watch?  Several jumped out at me just because I like the games.

What other docs are out there (or media/production companies similar to NoClip)?  Only video game docs I've watched are King of Kong and Indie Game: The Movie.  Looking for something new to dive into.  Burned my way through most of the shows I wanted to catch up on, and crowdless sports don't do it for me so I'm not watching much sports programming these days.

Final Fantasy 14 is their best but everything is good. 

Other channels include GVMERS, Nick930, The Gaming Historian, amd strafefox. All are absolutely top-notch. 

• Thanks 1

Where are we talking about the new consoles? Xbox just announced the price for the Series S and it's $299. Haven't said what the Series X will be yet, but the rumor on WindowsCentral was $299/$499 and half of that turned out to be true, so...

And the rumored All Access thing, with the S and X having monthly payments of $25 and $35 respectively (with it including Game Pass) if you choose to go that route.

xbox-series-s-and-x-together.jpg

It's basically just an Xbox One X or something, isn't it? I read that the Series X is 3 times more powerful than the S, so... don't really know if I'm interested. And there's exactly 0% chance that Sony undercuts or matches the price of the Series S for their non-disc drive console.

The new console stuff has been in here so that is fine.

I did see one place say that that Series S thing is the perfect Game Pass machine

I guess but I don't know if that only is enough of a selling point - I mean I guess is one only uses their old ass XBONE as just a streaming device

I can't think of anything less appealing to me than a system that is strictly digital, but I know different people have different habits so I'm not against it existing. Gives buyers more options anyway. I assume they'd prefer people buy that one since then they know they have those buyers hooked on their online store/gamepass so I imagine it'll get a heavy push.

• Like 1

What the fuuuuck

Literally just announced. Comes out November 20. $60.

We played and beat Hyrule Warriors on the Switch and it's...whatever. My daughter liked it a lot because she likes nearly anything that's Zelda related. This though looks way cooler than that game, which was just a port of the Hyrule Warriors game on the Wii U? I was always interested in playing a prequel to the Breath of the Wild and seeing what that rise of Calamity Ganon was like.

Edited by Craig H

I also love Nintendo continuing their practice of just dropping games out of nowhere. If Nintendo were Valve, they'd just casually announce that Half-Life 3 is coming out in a month and the announcement video would drop on a random ass Thursday at 1:14 pm.

They're such a weird company.

That looks entirely different from the first game and for a second I thought Breath of the Wild 2 was gonna be a shitty Hyrule Warrior game but then I saw how great it looked and changed my stance to "if this is it, then that's cool!" Awesome. 

3 minutes ago, Jiji said:

That looks entirely different from the first game and for a second I thought Breath of the Wild 2 was gonna be a shitty Hyrule Warrior game but then I saw how great it looked and changed my stance to "if this is it, then that's cool!" Awesome. 

I am enjoying that my son - who technically was in his first class of the school year - was able to inform me that the announcement was made and that the game is a prequel (at least in some way shape and form) to Breath of the Wild

Fuck, watched the trailer again and it looks Soo good. I'm hyped for it. It looks like you may have to fight the champions before you can play as them.

And yeah, in this day and age of constant leaks, was there even a hint of this game existing until they dropped the trailer two months prior to release? 

I'm kind of interested in a Series S since I've mostly gone digital in the past year or two (to the point that I re-buy digital editions of PS3/Xbox 360 games I already own when they are on sale or I have a few extra dollars).  But I also feel like I would probably end up regretting that.  At some point, I'm going to want that disc drive, so it will probably just call me money.

I'm not really decided yet, but I doubt I buy a new console right away.  Really, I'm most interested in the rumored "Switch Pro" since it would have a huge library on day one and delays and Covid-issues wouldn't be a concern.  I'll be surprised if we don't have development delays for the next several years (and that's assuming we have a vaccine in the next 4-6 months and get this situation under control next year). 

It is. The pre-orders Playstation are doing are "first come, first serve" too. Such a weird way to do things.

EA Play is included at no extra cost with Xbox Ultimate Game Pass on the next generation/PC once the consoles release.

• Like 1

Just now, Casey said:

EA Play is included at no extra cost with Xbox Ultimate Game Pass on the next generation/PC once the consoles release.

This isn’t *huge* news, but it ain’t nothing, either. Game Pass continues to be a really solid investment for me. I don’t really buy yearly sports stuff, but I would play them if they were in front of me. This puts them in front of me.