DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAME RELEASES (2020 & Beyond)

RIPPA

17 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Ubisoft is claiming that the PS5 will only be backwards compatible with PS4 games

This is not surprising, considering they had to give up on the PS4 running older games. It's annoying as hell, because I love me some older PS2 stuff that's never been re-released or even digitalized, but not surprising.

Pre-orders are up at Best Buy, at the very least, for the final game shown in this video. 

And since - spoiler alert - it will only be sold for the next six months, if you want a physical copy, you should probably buy now if you can. 

43 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Both Metroid and Legend of Zelda have their 35th anniversaries next year too. Build up that Disney Vault.

"Metroid? What's that? Never heard of it," says Shuntaro Furukawa.

Edited by Smelly McUgly

2 hours ago, Custos said:

Spelunky 2 coming to Steam at the end of September. Playing Hades at the moment and will continue the rogue like kick when this comes along

I can't wait to play it every day for a year and never get out of the second block of stages. (This sounds sarcastic, but it isn't. I have never gotten close to beating Spelunky but I love it and do the daily without fail.)

Super Mario 3D All Stars has higher resolutions and optimized gameplay and some newer textures. I guess there will be some bug fixes and other small changes for the games too. Super Mario 64 has been touched up here and there.

Super Mario 3D world for the switch runs faster than the WII U version.

Edited by D.Z

On 9/4/2020 at 10:18 PM, Custos said:

Spelunky 2 coming to Steam at the end of September. Playing Hades at the moment and will continue the rogue like kick when this comes along

If you like Hades, check out the channel "noclip" on YouTube. Among the dozens of awesome game documentaries they've made are a series on Hades. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My favorites are Unforseen Consequences: A Half-Life Documentary, The Making of Horizon Zero Dawn and The History of Bethesda Game Studios. Just a fantastic channel.

Nick930 and GVMERS make similar videos to Noclip's Rise & Fall of Hitman.

• Like 1