DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAME RELEASES (2020 & Beyond)

RIPPA

Xbox Game Showcase at 12 noon EST today. It will more than likely have Halo Infinite and hopefully more first party stuff than Forza and Gears (the rumor is Fable reboot is going to be shown and people are really hoping for Killer Instinct 2, Ninja Gaiden 4, and Banjo Threeie).

4 hours ago, Neil Koch said:

I'm pretty sure I would be kicked out by the gang for how much time I spend in the arcades or eating beer and chicken wings.  Or finding cats and giving them their special tuna so that they let me pet them.

OK, now my interest is piqued.

Edited by Zimbra

4 hours ago, Neil Koch said:

I'm pretty sure I would be kicked out by the gang for how much time I spend in the arcades or eating beer and chicken wings.  Or finding cats and giving them their special tuna so that they let me pet them.

Is this the Yakuza 4 Homeless Cat substory or the involved Yakuza 6 cat cafe minigame that I haven't played yet

Edited by John E. Dynamite

2 hours ago, John E. Dynamite said:

Is this the Yakuza 4 Homeless Cat substory or the involved Yakuza 6 cat cafe minigame that I haven't played yet

It's the one in 6.  I'm surprised people would still talk to Kaz, because he must have stunk while carrying like 100 cans of tuna.

I have never understood the appeal of Halo. To each their own and all that, but that doesn't even look great imo. While the lighting is better than current gen, those textures look like they'd be fine on my One X. The one thing I really enjoy from Microsoft other than superior UI and the best controller going is Game Pass being a really solid service to begin with but then adding in all of their first party games to the service day one really elevates it even if I'm not a fan of most of their exclusives. 

• Like 3

Not exactly sure if this is even a verified source of info (since it's 4chan and people lie on 4chan), but apparently Halo Infinite has some stupid ideas.

Such as Cortana being used to power Chief's grappling hook and Captain Gibson being the main villain.

Again, it may not be true. But a lot of the leaks from 4chan (such as FFXV and The Last of Us Part II) mostly panned out as being true (just out of context).

From what I saw yesterday, the only things I would get are Hellblade II and Tell Me Why....because they look like they would belong on PS5. Microsoft moneyhatted both and I'm wondering if Ninja Theory regrets the arrangement (especially since Bleeding Edge didn't set the world on fire).

It's simple Microsoft: Make a brand new AAA franchise that is the next evolution from Gears, Halo and Forza that makes people want to buy your system. Not spend the money that would have gone to that to buy studios and hope they can produce something or have 343i attempt to make another Halo (after the two previous attempts didn't work).

And this is coming from a PlayStation fanboy.

Supposedly Psychonauts 2 will still be released on all platforms, despite Microsoft acquiring Double Fine. That means PlayStation 4, not 5, but hey whatever. 

Now I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed for Hellblade 2...

The only games games shown that I have an interest in are Hellblade 2 and The Medium, which looked like a neat evolution of Silent Hill.

I thought Halo Infinite looked like a game from 2014.  And now there are rumors swirling that it won’t ship with multiplayer, which sounds catastrophic, if true.

EDIT:  FWIW, 343 has denied the report about multiplayer.

Edited by EVA

IN FACT~! I’m gonna go so far as to predict Halo Infinite won’t ship this holiday.  And, if they force it out on time anyway (because Microsoft feels it has to have its flagship to sell consoles), it will be a disaster and the last Halo game that 343 gets to make.

It very much looks like a game that got rebooted in the last year and shouldn’t be coming out any time soon.

1 hour ago, EVA said:

IN FACT~! I’m gonna go so far as to predict Halo Infinite won’t ship this holiday.  And, if they force it out on time anyway (because Microsoft feels it has to have its flagship to sell consoles), it will be a disaster and the last Halo game that 343 gets to make.

It very much looks like a game that got rebooted in the last year and shouldn’t be coming out any time soon.

So Microsoft doing what they did to Halo 2 again and forcing it out when it wasn't ready.

I seriously hope Halo Infinite takes as much time as needed; for once, I'd rather see it get delayed. I won't be getting it (it never appealed to me) but I hope for the people that it does they do right by them.

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2020 at 2:39 PM, RIPPA said:

Avowed

The next Obsidian RPG

I cannot wait to see how Obsidian will fuck up Skyrim.

And color me also disappointed that the new Fable is going to be an MMO.  Aren't there enough of those already?

Allegedly, HALO Infinite was originally built in Unreal 4, and only fairly recently changed it over to Slipstream or whatever, and that what they showed off was a four month old build running on a PC and not an Xbox Series X.

So... basically, it wasn't anything representing what the game is going to be, good or bad. But if that's all true, I don't know if there's any chance the game will actually be finished by November or December. Which doesn't necessarily mean it won't ship then.

I'm sure I'll buy it eventually, since I have the Master Chief Collection and HALO 5 and I hate having holes in collections. But I'm damn sure not gonna pay full price at launch unless it turns out a lot better than expected.

(Just please dear god don't turn HALO into Destiny. Please please please)

There is a hot rumor that Hideo Kojima and Junji Ito (Uzumaki) have begun collaborating on an upcoming project.  Kojima has always stated that he's not interested in making a horror game, so most people assume that Ito will help write the script for a Death Stranding spin-off or direct sequel.

Ito had a cameo in Death Stranding.

uvbxkft92dy31.jpg

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Raziel said:

Is it possible to make a game more boring than Death Stranding?

Surely there is another game out there that is nothing but the mashing of fetch quests and the web game QWOP.

No?

Ok, it's probably not possible then.

• Like 1