DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAME RELEASES (2020 & Beyond)

RIPPA

2 hours ago, Doc Townsend said:

I mean, AC in feudal Japan without the VR fluff?  I'm there.

It's all I've ever wanted. I've complained to friends that this generation has largely played it too safe and games feel very samey going back to the 360/PS3 days or even earlier. But with something I've been waiting for since the first AC game and even before that, I'm okay that they didn't go for a home run and potentially whiffed. Maybe they can be more daring and experimental with DLC or a sequel.

Breeze, Woods & Cesaro play Watch Dogs Legion.

Spoiler: The "play as anyone" thing isn't just a tag line. Old lady? CHECK. A construction worker that's a wrestling fan? CHECK.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Casey said:

Spoiler: The "play as anyone" thing isn't just a tag line. Old lady? CHECK. A construction worker that's a wrestling fan? CHECK.

I guess for the clarity it should be pointed out that - at least based on a different Let's Play I watched - you have to do basically like a "loyalty" mission for them before you can play as them.

So its not like you can just walk up to someone you have never met and immediately start playing as them

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I guess for the clarity it should be pointed out that - at least based on a different Let's Play I watched - you have to do basically like a "loyalty" mission for them before you can play as them.

So its not like you can just walk up to someone you have never met and immediately start playing as them

Yeah, Woods had to do that to get the grandma to become a recruit. Breeze and Cesaro just played as one of the Deadsec characters.

I was very curious about Legion until I started reading reviews.  I get why they think recruiting would be a good idea but for what they're offering nobody gives a shit about that.  So if it ends up being good I may consider it when it's got a helluva sale going on.

Legion, 2077, Bloodlines 2, and Avengers will be Day One purchases for me.  That's not event taking into account getting a Series X and debating whether or not to wait on SX versions of Bloodlines 2 and Legion.  I already know I'm getting Avengers and 2077 for XB1.

I do not have all of the money that they want me to spend.

22 hours ago, RIPPA said:

That's the way it was explained to me.  You try to recruit NPC's and once you successfully recruit them to your side, they become playable.

Edited by Doc Townsend

Hmm, getting a little worried. I pre-ordered Ghost of Tsushima earlier in the week from Walmart. My order is still being prepared, and says it'll be here by tomorrow. It hasn't even shipped out so I don't see how that's going to happen. The page for the game (for me atleast) now says shipping isn't available but my local store has it and the pre-order price is for in-store only. None of that was there when I ordered it a few days ago.

Watch Dogs Legion just doesn't appeal to me; I always like having one character to land on during a playthrough. It would really suck to do missions and run out of recruitable characters. It's like they are trying to make it like X-Com but action-y. We'll see; I may get the PS4 version for the possible PS5 upgrade (if I ever buy a PS5).

On 7/16/2020 at 2:03 PM, J.T. said:

Legion, 2077, Bloodlines 2, and Avengers will be Day One purchases for me.  That's not event taking into account getting a Series X and debating whether or not to wait on SX versions of Bloodlines 2 and Legion.  I already know I'm getting Avengers and 2077 for XB1.

I do not have all of the money that they want me to spend.

As I understand it, at least for a lot of games, if you buy them digitally on XB1, and then upgrade to the XSX you get the version for the new console as well.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JLSigman said:

They remaking (or remastering) SMT 3: Nocturne for PS4 and Switch

I tried to play Nocturne back when it was on PS2, but could not get past the ridiculously hard default difficulty. I'll be keeping an eye out to see if they offer more choices with that.

I'm happy with this since the discs me and my brother used were damaged and kept us from advancing early on.

9 hours ago, odessasteps said:

There was some game in the Japanese Nintendo Direct that looked like a rice growing g sim/RPG. 

It looked way better than the other garbage they are selling on that Direct(Other than SMT). If that Battlegrounds game is as bad as their NBA game, then oh boy.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

PS5 released confirmed for Yakuza 7/Like A Dragon.  Main voice cast for the dub announced, only names I recognized were Greg Chun (who was great as Yagami in Judgment) as one of Ichi's party members and George Takei as the patriarch.

Edited by Cliff Hanger
  • Like 2

That looks like a lot of fun. I feel like Yakuza games have too much to do in them, but everything is fun so maybe not. But they are massive time investments and I really need to get back into them. I am going to make a list of games I want to beat on the current gen (maybe some of the better games on Steam I've bought and haven't played too) before getting a PS5. I can't do all of the Steam games I've bought without thinking, otherwise it'll be time for PS6 or 7 when I get through them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jiji said:

That looks like a lot of fun. I feel like Yakuza games have too much to do in them, but everything is fun so maybe not. But they are massive time investments and I really need to get back into them. I am going to make a list of games I want to beat on the current gen (maybe some of the better games on Steam I've bought and haven't played too) before getting a PS5. I can't do all of the Steam games I've bought without thinking, otherwise it'll be time for PS6 or 7 when I get through them.

I've still only played 0 and while I completed the story, I will almost certainly never get 100% - there's SO much stuff to do, you could seriously make a gaming life out of just this series.

12 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

I've still only played 0 and while I completed the story, I will almost certainly never get 100% - there's SO much stuff to do, you could seriously make a gaming life out of just this series.

I'm pretty sure I would be kicked out by the gang for how much time I spend in the arcades or eating beer and chicken wings.  Or finding cats and giving them their special tuna so that they let me pet them.

Edited by Neil Koch
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2