DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAME RELEASES (2020 & Beyond)

RIPPA

2K Games has announced that the PS5 and XboxX versions of NBA 2K21 will cost $10 more than the PS4 and Xbox One versions, so some media think that's an indicator that the future generation games will in general break the $60 price barrier.

On 6/26/2020 at 7:22 AM, J.T. said:

Yep, it was created by the folks at R. Talsorian games and developed by Mike Pondsmith.

Kxuaa8jpbeEsp44dDDuB8W.jpg

I freely admit that one of the main reasons I play the pen & game is because of the notion I am supporting a business owned by the godfather of African-American geeks.   Yes, I know he married a white woman, but this is probably as good as we'll get.

I didn't sign on with 2077 fully until I learned that Mike was retained by CDPR as a paid consultant for the game's development.  They even flew him to Poland for two months.  CDPR just didn't purchase the license and then went off half cocked to do their own thing.

I picked up a hyuuuuge pile of Mekton stuff in a Storybundle or Humble Bundle last year and have been poring over it since.  When I was at peak tabletop gaming in the 90s they were all out of print and going for $100 on eBay so it was always the kind of thing the older students in the gaming club talked about enjoying but everyone who had a copy had graduated.  Between that and 2020 it's clear that Pondsmith knew how to make a good SF game in a way that a lot of other designers didn't.

• Like 1

Overwatch + Warzone, with an even more forgiving rez system (emphasizes team wipes). All the movement powers from OW are taken (and a couple done better), even some weapons too. Powers are mix and match.

Really can't wait to try this out.

On 7/2/2020 at 11:29 AM, dogwelder said:

2K Games has announced that the PS5 and XboxX versions of NBA 2K21 will cost $10 more than the PS4 and Xbox One versions, so some media think that's an indicator that the future generation games will in general break the $60 price barrier.

On 7/2/2020 at 7:27 PM, Craig H said:

For fucks sake.

More than half the games that come out are broken right from the jump. Fuck em. I'll just stick to waiting a month for price drops.

2K, with it's "every mode we pay attention to is littered with microtransactions" model feels like the worst developer to be first out the gate with a price bump.

Maybe do anything to update franchise mode?

• Like 2

Microsoft will be hosting another Next Gen Showcase on July 23

This one is focused on 1st party titles so expect a lot of Halo Infinite and.... umm... Halo Infinite

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

This one is focused on 1st party titles so expect a lot of Halo Infinite and.... umm... Halo Infinite

Hey, don't forget HALO Infinite.

(In a perfect world, they'd announce a release date for Gears Tactics for the Xbox One.

Edited by Brian Fowler

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Oh and Forza Motorsport 8, Forza Horizon 6, Halo Wars 3, State of Decay 3 and Gears 6.

Edited by Andrew POE!

Well you are definitely getting Legion news - if it is depressing is a different story.

In fact - in conjunction with the event - if you log into your Ubisoft account you can get a free copy of Watch Dogs 2 (PC only)

42 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Well you are definitely getting Legion news - if it is depressing is a different story.

In fact - in conjunction with the event - if you log into your Ubisoft account you can get a free copy of Watch Dogs 2 (PC only)

I have learned my lesson from 2077 and am avoiding most Legion news like the plague.   I will sparingly watch Forward to get a glimpse of Legion's gameplay, but I will switch out if they start talking about the plot.

I've got all of the single player achievements for WD2 done so I think my career as Marcus is a wrap.   I think I traded that game in a while back anyway.

I don't mind seeing spoilers of ACV since I have no intention of playing it anyway.

Edited by J.T.

I'm guessing they'll spend a lot of time talking up their new battle royale game. I'm tempted to try that one out, but I think I'm kinda over battle royale games, especially since Valorant came out.

Man whoever makes a battle royale game about beating motherfuckers up with your fists is going to be the coolest set of motherfuckers around

Like Streets of Rage but everyone is a real person trying to kill everyone or something