DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAME RELEASES (2020 & Beyond)

RIPPA

15 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Horizon Forbidden West is not a PS5 launch title

Per the Game Director - right now it is just "2021"

aaaaand there's me not getting a PS5 at launch, then.

• Haha 1

It's that tall because it probably needs huge heat vent aisles for that rolling storage system it has. 

Not all of the interior geometry of that tower will be filled with electrical components.  It'd blow up if it did.

The design of the Series X fills me with concern.  It is so short and blocky compared to the PS5.  How does that fucking thing cool itself off?

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

On the one hand, I am bummed that there has been another delay.

On the other hand, it comes out nine days after my birthday, so I will probably be able to get someone else to reimburse me for my pre-order cash with celebration monies.

If Avengers is pushed back from 1 September and there is one less game to tide me over until 2077, I may slip into depression.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zimbra said:

Yeah, I literally will not have room for that in my entertainment center.

Are you even going to be able to place it horizontally with the goofy curved sides?

Yes

PS5 Horizontal and Vertical Product Pictures Shared by Sony

• Like 2

I'm complete missing the Cyberpunk "train."  To me, it's just another game.  I feel like the developer is very much unknown quantity handling a new IP, even though the Witcher 2 and 3 were both very good.  There seems to be more hype/hysteria surrounding this game than there was around Final Fantasy VII Remake. Doom Eternal, Animal Crossing, The Last of Us II, etc.

I'm not sure there's anything on my "buy" list with a firm release date  after Ghost of Tsushima next month .  No Triple AAA titles with physical releases anyway.  There seems to be very little actually scheduled for the second half of the year, though I assume that's largely due to the pandemic.

(I know Iron Man VR, Avengers. and Cyberpunk all have release dates.  I may buy all three, but right now they're all "wait and see" with me).

I'll probably still end up spending a lot of cash on indie games with physical releases.  The physical indie publishers have been announcing new games almost weekly.  

Edited by Doc Townsend

5 hours ago, Doc Townsend said:

I'm complete missing the Cyberpunk "train."  To me, it's just another game. 

You are dead to me.

Seriously, though there wasn't that much hype about the game until the 48 minute gameplay demo and then people went apeshit.  

I was a fan from minute one because I played the pen & paper game and was even more of a fan when I learned that CDPR had paid a consultation fee to Mike Pondsmith from R. Talosian Games so that he would help develop the game backstory.

Edited by J.T.

Damn terrible news on Cyberpunk, was so looking forward to that. Especially as I've actually caught up on games now during quarantine. I guess my furloughed ass can play THPS1+2 to perfect completion during September instead then.

I'm somewhat concerned that the delay will be to make the game a PS5/Xbox Series X launch game and they won't release PS4/Xbox One versions. That's the only reason why I think they are delaying it.

Or it'll be playable on PS4/Xbox One but will be noticeably slow.

6 hours ago, J.T. said:

If Avengers is pushed back from 1 September and there is one less game to tide me over until 2077, I may slip into depression.

Delete this right now. Don't even put that out into the world. I'll lose my damn mind if this happens.

No matter what they do to Avengers, I still don't want it. I get really bad Destiny 1 vibes from it (as in LOTS of missing content probably hiding behind a content pass, 4 to 5 hour story, same raids/strikes/missions for loot over and over again). Maybe I'm wrong and it'll be decent.

Instead of Legacy of Kain reboot, it's this.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Andrew POE! said:

No matter what they do to Avengers, I still don't want it. I get really bad Destiny 1 vibes from it (as in LOTS of missing content probably hiding behind a content pass, 4 to 5 hour story, same raids/strikes/missions for loot over and over again). Maybe I'm wrong and it'll be decent.

I don't think it'll be missing any initial content, but I definitely believe it'll be on scaled development.  Not everything planned to be eventually be in the game will be there on release day.  Whether or not anyone choses to interpret that as "missing content" is up to them.

We already know that alternate costumes will probably end up being paid DLC, but new regions and heroes added to the game are supposed to be free updates.

I am hoping that the content from the Titan Books tie-in, The Extinction Key, will be in the game.  I'm glad someone remembered the Zodiac and brought them back out for one more grand run at Earth's Mightiest Heroes.  If this happens, then we know that Doctor Strange and Brother Voodoo should be added to the game as playable characters and the Agents of SHIELD will be there for support.

Edited by J.T.