DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Cinematic Universe - 2020

I agree, and you aren't wrong. For whatever reason the powers that be decided all Sony stuff goes in the other Marvel thread.

(That said, though - I think Jamie Foxx being Electro in the MCU will be because of another MCU movie - the Multiverse of Madness).

56 minutes ago, Casey said:

I agree, and you aren't wrong. For whatever reason the powers that be decided all Sony stuff goes in the other Marvel thread.

(That said, though - I think Jamie Foxx being Electro in the MCU will be because of another MCU movie - the Multiverse of Madness).

Among many reasons why it seems like a natural (?) fit that the threads be merged... they probably will be next year. 

• Like 1

And now there are rumors that both Maguire and Garfield are in talks for it as well.

(I was under the impression that stuff like Spider-Verse, Venom, Moebius, and if that Black Cat/Silver Sable project ever gets off the ground were the things for that other thread, but the MCU Spidey stuff goes here. Sony's Universe of Marvel Characters or whatever they were trying to call it.)

Edited by Brian Fowler

Since Spiderman came up again - quick question.

I just watched Far From Home and based on the mid-credit scene - what the fuck was their plan if they hadn't worked out the deal to allow Marvel to keep using the Spiderman rights.

Like did no one think "Hey guys - are we sure we are getting a 3rd movie?"

So according to Disney+, this is the official MCU chronological timeline.

• Captain America: The First Avenger
  • Captain Marvel
  • Iron Man
  • Iron Man 2
  • Thor
  • The Avengers
  • Thor: The Dark World
  • Iron Man 3
  • Captain America: The Winter Soldier
  • Guardians of the Galaxy
  • Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2
  • Avengers: Age of Ultron
  • Ant-Man
  • Captain America: Civil War
  • Black Panther
  • Doctor Strange
  • Thor: Ragnarok
  • Ant-Man & The Wasp
  • Avengers: Infinity War
  • Avengers: Endgame

I'm pretty okay with this. A lot of people have problems with it, like Thor 2 being before Iron Man 3 (supposedly there's evidence to support BOTH ideas that IM3 takes place in 2012 or 2013) or why Ant-Man & The Wasp isn't in between the two final Avengers movies (I think the official order works better, because you can't base a movie's timeline placement based solely on a credits scene IMO).

• Thanks 1

Only missing Incredible Hulk, but that would take place in between Iron Man and Iron Man 2 and it kinda sucks so who cares anyway. I think the main problem I have is GotG Vol 2 happening before Age of Ultron. Age of Ultron feels like it takes place very close to everything going to shit with SHIELD in Winter Soldier. I'll give them GotG taking place right after Winter Soldier because it doesn't really matter much, but Vol 2 feels like it's happening at least a year after GotG. The only thing that I guess makes it show that less time is in between is how fast Groot ages. He's baby groot at the end of GotG, toddler Groot at the start of Vol 2., and teenage Groot at the end of it. So maybe that's their rationale for Vol. 2 happening before Age of Ultron.

14 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Bringing back Jamie Foxx as Electro makes no sense, and it's a move I definitely question.

At this point it seems like it will be a multiverse based film so who knows if his part will even be a big one.

Considering how both Batman and Spider-Man are doing Multiverse movies, can we get a three way face-off between 3 Micheal Keatons? BatKeaton vs VultureKeaton vs BirdmanKeaton?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, AxB said:

Considering how both Batman and Spider-Man are doing Multiverse movies, can we get a three way face-off between 3 Micheal Keatons? BatKeaton vs VultureKeaton vs BirdmanKeaton?

What’s better: a Beetlejuice reference or a Multiplicity reference? 

7 hours ago, Eivion said:

At this point it seems like it will be a multiverse based film so who knows if his part will even be a big one.

So as a multiverse based film...why is Jamie Foxx the villain that gets picked out? The worst villain in the worst Spider-Man movie.

2 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

So as a multiverse based film...why is Jamie Foxx the villain that gets picked out? The worst villain in the worst Spider-Man movie.

What Casey said. Also again we don't know how big his role is. It could easily be not much more than cameo. Beyond that he was the last big villain before Marvel made the Tom Holland movies so he is also the most recent villain from the non Marvel movies as far as live action goes.

• Like 1