DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Cinematic Universe - 2020

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2020 at 4:26 AM, Craig H said:

Christian Bale is indeed going to be the villain in Thor: Love and Thunder. Taika  announced it today.

Gorr the God Butcher? Dario Agger with Christian Bale channeling Patrick Bateman in American Psycho? It's something for Marvel Studios getting a asset in Christian Bale involved.

Edited by The Natural

On 3/11/2020 at 6:29 AM, The Natural said:

Gorr the God Butcher? Dario Agger with Christian Bale channeling Patrick Bateman in American Psycho? It's something for Marvel Studios getting a asset in Christian Bale involved.

Agger feels like he could work well under Taika and the current style of Thor films. 

• Like 2

On 3/9/2020 at 5:02 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Taika Waititi confirmed today that the Guardians of the Galaxy will be in Thor 4.  

Cosmic feel of Thor 4 makes me think that Bale's villainous role may be as Michael Korvac and I would support that.

Edited by J.T.

11 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

And then he meets carol... ?

Now that you say that, ComicBookMovies is entertaining rumors that Korvac is the villain for Captain Marvel II.  

Since Marvel Studios likes to one-shot villains and kill them at the end of the film, it doesn't seem like Korvac is likely to be the bad guy in Thor 4 if he's rumored to be the villain in CM2... especially when the money favorite for Phase IV BBEG is Doctor Doom.

Bale's villain in Thor 4 is being described as "strange and otherworldly" in Tessa Thompson's tweet, so it doesn't sound like Bale will be introed as Dr. Doom for Phase IV..

Makes me think that Gorr the God Butcher is the odds on favorite.

Edited by J.T.

Korvac seems a bit much for any one character unless he is like he was before he basically became a god.

Gorr still feels unlikely with a lack of gods. I mean they could use the name, but I doubt he would actually be Gorr in any real shape or form.

17 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Bale's villain in Thor 4 is being described as "strange and otherworldly" in Tessa Thompson's tweet, so it doesn't sound like Bale will be introed as Dr. Doom for Phase IV.

Have they teased The Stranger yet? 

16 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Korvac seems a bit much for any one character unless he is like he was before he basically became a god.

Remember that MCU Captain Marvel is redonkulously powerful.  You probably couldn't set her up one on one vs. reality warping Korvac, but you could match her up against him before he starts using the Power Cosmic.

16 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Gorr still feels unlikely with a lack of gods. I mean they could use the name, but I doubt he would actually be Gorr in any real shape or form.

Thor and Valkryie could be considered "gods" per se, so Gorr could still be quality opposition and refer to himself as the God Butcher if Thor and Valkryie are just the last two notches on his belt and he's already killed other "gods."

Tessa's tweet about the otherworldy nature of the villain and the rumors of Bale being scheduled for mocap sessions makes me think it will be Gorr….

…. or God forbid, Beta-Ray Bill introduced as a heel and making a face turn by the end of the movie.

7 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Have they teased The Stranger yet? 

Just what the MCU needs.  An old man dressed in Robin's costume.  Legs that pasty need to be in pants, man.

Edited by J.T.
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, J.T. said:

…. or God forbid, Beta-Ray Bill introduced as a heel and making a face turn by the end of the movie.

I thought I read somewhere that they were considering Liam Hemsworth for BRB. Which I would be all in favor of. 

• Like 2