DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Cinematic Universe - 2020

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

For what it's worth, the rumor is that they've essentially solved the "Carol is OP" problem for Capt. Marvel 2.  

The villain is supposedly going to be: 

Reveal hidden contents

giphy.gif

I feel like that is almost certainly bullshit.

If they're actually doing a Secret Invasion mini-series on Disney+, then Captain Marvel 2 should either be the lead-in for that series or the culmination of it (since there are rumors that Captain Marvel 2 will be similar to Civil War, in that it'll be a mini-Avengers film).

46 minutes ago, Eivion said:

When was Secret Invasion rumored as something coming?

Bleeding Cool, Jeremy Conrad and Daniel Richtman all reported that it's something in the works, that'll lead into Captain Marvel 2. Of course, all of those sources are hit and miss, but so is We Got It Covered - which is where the rumor about Rogue being the villain in Captain Marvel 2 comes from. So your mileage may vary on this rumor, and pretty much everything else out there too. MarvelStudiosSpoilers on Reddit is a good place to keep track of what's currently rumored for the MCU and the Sony projects. They just had a verified Morbius leak in the past few days.

39 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Isn't Secret Invasion an odd thing to do anyway since the Skrulls are good guys in the MCU?

The Skrulls aren't good guys in the MCU. Talos and the people around him are, but that doesn't mean the species as a whole are just inherently good. Feige described the Skrulls as similar to humans, where there are good Skrulls and bad Skrulls, and they happened to focus on the good ones in the first Captain Marvel.

Edited by Casey
  • Like 1

All I've read is that there likely won't be an Avengers movie in Phase 4. And Secret Invasion wouldn't be a huge, overarching storyline. It'd literally follow the same formula as WandaVision and Dr. Strange and the Multiverse of Madness. The Disney+ exclusive building up a storyline that culminates in a theatrical movie.

Also, let's be honest. With all the build and setup and "brilliant" planning by the Skrulls in Secret Invasion, Thor and Bucky wiped them all out in 3 panels when they finally showed up.  That doesn't quite translate well on screen.

4 hours ago, JLSigman said:

I'm wondering if Spider-Gwen's rights are tied to the SpiderVerse studio

Good point. If you want any of those Spider-Gwen story recommendations, let us know.

3 hours ago, Bustronaut said:

Why don't you like Silk?

Dan. Slott.

Slott trying to forcibly push his created character, Silk as the next big thing on her arrival,. Cindy Moon and Peter are attracted to one another physically with their spider pheromones, she frequently bails Peter out of trouble. The Amazing Spider-Man (Vol. 3) with the odd exception, was terrible. There was little to the character. I read a few issues of her solo book as part of the Spider-Women crossover and that didn't do it for me either.  Only thing interesting about her is the involvement of Ezekiel Sims in her origin and the effect of seclusion. In contrast, I love Spider-Gwen and like Jessica Drew's Spider-Woman. Ditto for Mary Jane Watson-Parker/Spinneret. Hope that reads okay, been up since 2:00am.

Edited by The Natural