DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Cinematic Universe - 2020

For trivia fans, 2020 is the first year since 2016's Captain America: Civil War and Doctor Strange that there's only two Marvel Studios' Marvel Cinematic Universe films. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 was meant to be here with Black Widow and The Eternals but James Gunn was fired in 2018 before getting rehired last year.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

On 1/1/2020 at 12:35 PM, The Natural said:

For trivia fans, 2020 is the first year since 2016's Captain America: Civil War and Doctor Strange that there's only two Marvel Studios' Marvel Cinematic Universe films. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 was meant to be here with Black Widow and The Eternals but James Gunn was fired in 2018 before getting rehired last year.

Phase IV won't really be on and popping until 2021.

• Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (2021)
  • Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2021)
  • Thor: Love and Thunder (2021)

I suppose we're putting the now untitled Spider Man joint coming out in 2021 in the Everything Else thread.

2020 won't be completely devoid of MCU stuff as there will be a lot of background and prologue materiel coming from the Disney+ shows.   WandaVision and Loki are pretty much the prep for Dr. Strange.  

As mentioned before, WandaVision will debut on Disney+ this year and Loki is slated for release in early 2021.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, J.T. said:

Phase IV won't really be on and popping until 2021.

• Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (2021)
  • Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2021)
  • Thor: Love and Thunder (2021)

I suppose we're putting the now untitled Spider Man joint coming out in 2021 in the Everything Else thread.

2020 won't be completely devoid of MCU stuff as there will be a lot of background and prologue materiel coming from the Disney+ shows.   WandaVision and Loki are pretty much the prep for Dr. Strange.  

As mentioned before, WandaVision will debut on Disney+ this year and Loki is slated for release in early 2021.

Have to be honest, the 2020 Marvel Studios MCU and DC's movie lineup isn't doing much for me. I'm looking ahead to 2021 already for those films and Matt Reeves' Batman.

12 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Christian Bale is in talks to join Thor 4.

This is a unexpected development. Hell of a catch for Marvel Studios because Christian Bale's a brilliant actor. Never thought he'd be in the MCU.

You can't cast a British person as Beta Ray Bill, it has to be an American. It would be like casting a Brit as Squirrel Girl.

We pronounce it Beeta, not Bayta.

17 minutes ago, AxB said:

You can't cast a British person as Beta Ray Bill, it has to be an American. It would be like casting a Brit as Squirrel Girl.

We pronounce it Beeta, not Bayta.

For all intents and purposes Christian Bale's main accent is his American accent. He's used his natural accent only once in however many years and that was for Ford vs Ferrari, which I still need to see. He even made comments about this in interviews. 

5 hours ago, The Natural said:

Who we thinking? Names I've come up with:

Dario Agger/Minotaur.

Cul.

Gorr, the God Butcher.

Beta Ray Bill.

The movie is Love and Thunder and focused on a Jane getting Thor's powers presumably. Cul relates too much to an already dead Odin. Gorr is way too dark and they screwed up the potential of a good version with Asgardians just being powerful aliens opposed to actual gods. You don't hire Bale to not show his face off at all so Bill would make little sense. Dario Agger is the most likely choice out of this list. He was a villain for both Jane and Thor. I want to say Roxxon already exists in the background of the MCU so its also an easier setup.

20 minutes ago, Eivion said:

You don't hire Bale to not show his face off at all so Bill would make little sense

While I mostly agree, they did get guys like Diesel and Cooper just to be voices and not be on camera.

You could also use Bale to finally introduce Baldur. 

Edited by odessasteps
  • Like 1

I can't see Bale going for Agger unless he REALLY wants to be a minotaur for some reason. He's already played Patrick Bateman and Bruce Wayne. 

It's 2019 and the MU. I can see them going for Bill.

You really do need an antagonist though and I don't think the Enchantress cuts it.