DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Cinematic Universe - 2020

It's possible John Bubniak might be in the new Dr. Strange movie. Rumors, of course. I bring that up because @The Naturalposted the PS4 Spidey suit, and he's the original face model for Peter Parker.

And there are also rumors that Alfred Molina is returning as Doc Ock in the upcoming Spider-Man movie.

Edited by Casey
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Casey said:

It's possible John Bubniak might be in the new Dr. Strange movie. Rumors, of course. I bring that up because @The Naturalposted the PS4 Spidey suit, and he's the original face model for Peter Parker.

And there are also rumors that Alfred Molina is returning as Doc Ock in the upcoming Spider-Man movie.

Cheers, @Casey.

On 11/27/2020 at 5:17 PM, Matt D said:

They did some flashbacks along those lines during Superior Spider-Man, no?

Just seen this now. Yes and also how MCU villains have a grudge/problem with Tony Stark, not just Iron Man villains (Obidiah Stane, Justin Hammer, Whiplash, The Mandarin) but Spider-Man villains as well (The Vulture and Mysterio).

Watched Endgame over the weekend.  Man, what a great movie.  We always get a little misty when Cap is getting ready to fight EVERYONE by himself, and then all his friends come back.  Especially so this year, watching Black Panther come out first.  Damn.

So can someone here explain something to me?  I'm sure this has been discussed in other circles, ones I'm not in, ad nauseum.  So Cap finally decides to do something for himself and, after putting the stones back, goes and has a life with Peggy.  So either:

He started a whole new timeline with her

or

He joined her in this timeline and they hid his existence from everyone, and eventually relived the snap and everything else, essentially gambling that they'd be spared?

Or I'm missing something.  Thoughts?

6 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Watched Endgame over the weekend.  Man, what a great movie.  We always get a little misty when Cap is getting ready to fight EVERYONE by himself, and then all his friends come back.  Especially so this year, watching Black Panther come out first.  Damn.

So can someone here explain something to me?  I'm sure this has been discussed in other circles, ones I'm not in, ad nauseum.  So Cap finally decides to do something for himself and, after putting the stones back, goes and has a life with Peggy.  So either:

or

He joined her in this timeline and they hid his existence from everyone, and eventually relived the snap and everything else, essentially gambling that they'd be spared?

Or I'm missing something.  Thoughts?

She died well before the snap even happened. I believe her funeral happened in Civil War. More than likely he assumed a different identity and lived out a life with her working in the private sector. Maybe they had kids or maybe they didn't. No one would know except for Cap and he's keeping that to himself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Almost makes me want a single season one-off type series that's about Cap doing what he can to be very un-Cap like.

In this episode, Steve joins a softball league, but hilarity ensues when he has to find ways to not outperform everyone else. Also, Peggy makes a cake and Steve can't help himself from stealing a slice before dinner!

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Technico Support said:

"When you travel into the past, you don't change the present, because that past is now your future."

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, AxB said:

"When you travel into the past, you don't change the present, because that past is now your future."

And yet, there was an aged Steve Rogers in the present after young Steve went back. Where did he come from?

18 hours ago, tbarrie said:

And yet, there was an aged Steve Rogers in the present after young Steve went back. Where did he come from?

It's hard to figure out because our only frame of reference is other time travel movies and Bruce told us that they're all bullshit!  ?

In seriousness, young Steve apparently went back, returned all the stones, and then traveled to the 40s and explained it all to Peggy.  Then he lived out his life under an assumed identity, keeping out of the public eye, and then watched as the events of the MCU unfolded.  Then, on the date he knew young Steve left to return the stones, he showed up to give Falcon the shield.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Technico Support said:

In seriousness, young Steve apparently went back, returned all the stones, and then traveled to the 40s and explained it all to Peggy.  Then he lived out his life under an assumed identity, keeping out of the public eye, and then watched as the events of the MCU unfolded.  Then, on the date he knew young Steve left to return the stones, he showed up to give Falcon the shield.

Yeah. Which implies you can change the past with time travel, you just have to be subtle enough that the universe doesn't catch you doing it.

Edited by tbarrie
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, AxB said:

They never did explain how the shield was back in one piece after Thanos sliced it up though.

My head cannon was that Peggy snatched it for him as a gift and Cap held onto it until it was time to give it to Falcon.

On 12/1/2020 at 8:27 AM, Technico Support said:

It's hard to figure out because our only frame of reference is other time travel movies and Bruce told us that they're all bullshit!  ?

It also means that  instead of rescuing his best friend from a life of hell, he let Bucky stay the Winter Soldier. Not a very Cap thing to do, IMO.

Actually, thinking about the Shield, when Howard Stark made it in the 40s, he used what he thought was the entire World supply of Vibranium. But now everyone knows that there's actually loads of it, so most likely T'Challa and Shuri just welded it back together or something.

23 hours ago, JLSigman said:

It also means that  instead of rescuing his best friend from a life of hell, he let Bucky stay the Winter Soldier. Not a very Cap thing to do, IMO.

Cap knew that the events of that exact universe had to stay the same for them to defeat Thanos so if he saved Bucky "early" (or interfered in any other MCU event) it would change the timeline and thus equal failure

I mean there are still a lot of holes but I can at least accept that as the reason.

• Like 2

On 12/2/2020 at 9:04 AM, JLSigman said:

Well, there's no reason to think Cap knew he could change that (if he even could, which I'm not convinced of). Presumably he assumed Bruce knew what he was talking about.

7 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Letitia Wright turned heel yesterday.

I just saw that.  Some are calling for a change in plans for second Black Panther movie but I don't know if that's possible.  But holy cow is this gonna be awkward when the movie eventually comes out unless she quickly changes course.

EDIT:  And it's funny seeing discussion about Cap in the end of Endgame.  We saw it last Sunday and ended up discussing the hows and whys of it with friends.  In the end we really didn't have a solid answer but the posts here work for me.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 2