DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Cinematic Universe - 2020

Endgame might show up on TNT since it seems the non-Animated Disney stuff shows up there for basic cable showing (Like Marvel and Star Wars).  But the Starz contract ran out and with their own service, Disney isn't signing that over again anytime soon.

• Like 1

It amuses me that Disney, one of the world's/country's biggest corporations who's relied on the largest amount of the public to generate its income for generations, would rather wall themselves off now that they have the option than try to appeal to that public by widening their base. It's both ass-backwards and totally on-point for how they act. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

It amuses me that Disney, one of the world's/country's biggest corporations who's relied on the largest amount of the public to generate its income for generations, would rather wall themselves off now that they have the option than try to appeal to that public by widening their base. It's both ass-backwards and totally on-point for how they act. 

latest?cb=20160912202212

I can't look at Mickey Mouse the same ever since South Park's The Ring episode. One of the best South Park episodes ever. Ha ha!

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

Yeah I checked before I crashed and there's a couple MCUs on Netflix but that's it. I dunno, maybe I can hold out hope for Endgame to show up on TNT if the Plus service doesn't ruin it completely. 

The only movie I can find in the search function on Netflix is Ant-Man & The Wasp.

7 hours ago, Casey said:

The only movie I can find in the search function on Netflix is Ant-Man & The Wasp.

Interesting. Up here Netflix still has the first two Avengers films, Captain America: First Avenger and Civil War, both Ant-Man films, Thor, Iron Man 2 and 4, and Spider-Man: Homecoming.

• 2 weeks later...

Variety & Deadline, among others, have confirmed that Nia DaCosta (Candyman) will direct Captain Marvel 2. Other directors that were in the running were Olivia Wilde (Booksmart) and Jamie Babbit (Russian Doll).

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

LOL I just told my wife last night that I would be shocked if he wasn't in one of the next MCU movies. Him and the guy that played Doctor Manhattan.

Fucking awesome acting. I'm all fucking in on Ant-Man 3 with Kang as the main villain. MOAR COSMIC MARVEL, YEEEESSS!

• Like 1

I am amused by all the people on Twitter jumping to the conclusion that the next Reed Richards will be Black because of this casting.  I mean, he could be!  But Kang is his desecendent some 1000 years down the line.  The new Reed could be Asian in these movies, and his greatgreatgreatgreatgreat....grandson could still look like Majors.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tbarrie said:

..isn't Kang a wee bit out of Ant-Man's weight class?

I think the idea is that Ant-Man 3 is going to be setting up the Young Avengers - in theory, Ant-Man 3 should be the start of Phase 5 (or occur within that Phase), so by then we would have been introduced to (in one way or another, if things go correctly): Kate Bishop, Cassie Lang, Speed, Wiccan, Hulkling and Miss America. All of them are rumored to be in various Disney+ shows, from Hawkeye's series to WandaVision and even to Miss America having her own show (or appearing in Dr. Strange). You could even have Kid Loki too, depending on how and what his show does.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not super shocking. Theaters are always going to be where big movies make most of their money those first few years. The dates they moved them to just means they have finally accepted that reality and will wait until a likely vaccine is out and has spread. I wouldn't be shocked if WW 84 does the same.

Edited by Eivion

Not surprised Black Widow's relocated to next year going by Tenet and Mulan's box office performances. Doesn't bode well for cinemas. Can see No Time To Die and Wonder Woman 1984 moved as well.

Imagine if Avengers: Endgame (2019) was supposed to come out this year? Avengers: Infinity War was a 2018 film so we'd be waiting two years for the conclusion of THAT ending in 2020 and three years getting pushed back to 2021.

Edited by The Natural

Trivia: 2020 now joins 2009 as the only years without a Marvel Studios Marvel Cinematic Universe release to cinemas. The Incredible Hulk (2008) wasn't helped coming out that year with the critical acclaim given to The Dark Knight, Iron Man and Hellboy II: The Golden Army. Especially TDK and Iron Man.