DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Cinematic Universe - 2020

• 1 month later...

https://collider.com/spider-man-audition-asa-butterfield-interview/

Asa Butterfield talks about missing out on the role of Spider-Man.

When I think of people missing out on big roles, I think of Jake Gyllenhall as Bruce Wayne/Batman for Batman Begins (2005) and Peter Parker/Spider-Man in Spider-Man 2 (2004). That must suck. Gyllenhall would have done a great job with both. However Christian Bale was my one and only choice for Bruce Wayne/Batman. My Mum took me to a hospital appointment and I came home to the news Bale was cast as Bruce Wayne/Batman and punched the air.

176494.jpg

Thank you to Kevin Feige, Chris Evans, Joe Johnston, Anthony and Joe Russo, Christopher Markus and Stephen McFreely for the great job and treatment of Steve Rogers/Captain America in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Spider-Man will forever be THE Marvel character to me but my number #1 character from the MCU is Steve Rogers/Captain America.

3 hours ago, The Natural said:

176494.jpg

Thank you to Kevin Feige, Chris Evans, Joe Johnston, Anthony and Joe Russo, Christopher Markus and Stephen McFreely for the great job and treatment of Steve Rogers/Captain America in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Spider-Man will forever be THE Marvel character to me but my number #1 character from the MCU is Steve Rogers/Captain America.

Totally agree with you. Cap and Iron Man had the best arcs throughout the Infinity Saga (Thor’s seems to still be going).  I saw a video that did a cool breakdown of both characters’ journeys. It was interesting how Stark went from selfish to sacrificing, where Rogers went from almost too sacrificing to finally giving himself some happiness. 

Here’s the video:

• Thanks 1

Asa Butterfield would have sucked as Peter Parker. Tom Holland is perfect in the role. He's adorable. Zendaya is adorable. The two of them are adorable together. I know some people on here criticized Homecoming and Far From Home, but I love those movies so much. They're very much in the warm blanket territory for me. If I don't know what to watch, if I'm just curled on on the couch with a blanket, or if I'm chilling in bed not wanting to deal with anything, I flip on either of those movies.

Tom Holland can forever be cast as a teenager.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Log said:

Totally agree with you. Cap and Iron Man had the best arcs throughout the Infinity Saga (Thor’s seems to still be going).  I saw a video that did a cool breakdown of both characters’ journeys. It was interesting how Stark went from selfish to sacrificing, where Rogers went from almost too sacrificing to finally giving himself some happiness. 

Here’s the video:

In turn, I agree with you. Cheers, @Log.

These two Funko Pops have a prime spot in my 34 strong collection:

12219162-1814758766638276.jpg

12447067-1814753590012582.jpg

EaAk1p2WsAEAlwu?format=jpg&name=small

I found Captain America wielding Mjolnir and his trusty shield when I went about my normal shopping in January of this year. I was after that wehn it was announced. Ditto for Iron Man (I Am Iron Man). I pre-ordered Iron Man with the Joker from Batman (1989) in April. The Joker arrived in May and Iron Man last month. It's a really popular Pop. I've seen some people say they pre-ordered Iron Man early but are still waiting for it to come. The site where I got mine from, the pre-order month went from May to June and now it's OCTOBER. I will say it doesn't glow for shit.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

On 7/2/2020 at 11:14 AM, Craig H said:

Asa Butterfield would have sucked as Peter Parker. Tom Holland is perfect in the role. He's adorable. Zendaya is adorable. The two of them are adorable together. I know some people on here criticized Homecoming and Far From Home, but I love those movies so much. They're very much in the warm blanket territory for me. If I don't know what to watch, if I'm just curled on on the couch with a blanket, or if I'm chilling in bed not wanting to deal with anything, I flip on either of those movies.

Tom Holland can forever be cast as a teenager.

I’m in complete agreement. To me, those movies perfectly capture the feel of Spider-Man to me.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2020 at 1:35 AM, The Natural said:

https://collider.com/spider-man-audition-asa-butterfield-interview/

Asa Butterfield talks about missing out on the role of Spider-Man.

When I think of people missing out on big roles, I think of Jake Gyllenhall as Bruce Wayne/Batman for Batman Begins (2005) and Peter Parker/Spider-Man in Spider-Man 2 (2004). That must suck. Gyllenhall would have done a great job with both. However Christian Bale was my one and only choice for Bruce Wayne/Batman. My Mum took me to a hospital appointment and I came home to the news Bale was cast as Bruce Wayne/Batman and punched the air.

I’m glad he played neither. Both trilogies were better for it. I don’t think Gyllenhaal had truly come into his own as an actor yet.

As for Far From Home I found the first act very clunky. I also couldn’t stand the two teachers. A lot of the humor was forced and not funny. 

Edited by TheVileOne

I loved Far From Home. I saw it on a Saturday where I had to take my work truck in for a total new brake system at the local Midas. Because of a bunch of horseshit dealing with Fleet approval, it quickly became an all day affair. I only had a few things to do within walking distance . A few years ago, there was an old school indoor mall in this plaza that I could have spent all day in with no problem. I am from Ocean County, New Jersey. So after breakfast at IHOP and a haircut at Floyd's, eventually I went and saw FFH at the theatre that was renovated in this same area. I kicked back on a reclining  theatre seat and watched Spider-Man fight Mysterio who eventually had a bubble head and then we got the best cliffhanger in years with JJJ. When it was over, my truck was ready to go and I was smiling.

• Like 3

Avengers: Infinity War was finally on TNT tonight so I set it up to DVR and caught the ending. Looked really good, especially liked Josh Brolin. I haven't followed the whole Avengers arc (in fact the only one before this I've seen the most of is Age of Ultron, just bits and pieces on TV, and I saw the start of Captain America once. Well I did see Iron Man too so I guess that counts, and Guardians.) Anyway it is just weird to me that this and Endgame have not been on basic cable yet and I haven't even seen them licensed to Showtime or Starz. Is HBO the only provider that's had all these movies so far? Are they on Netflix or Prime, or are they trapped on the new Mouse service? It would be nice to kind of go back and play catch-up since I got all this free time but I'm not trying to set foot in Family Video again. 

I think Infinity War was on Netflix for awhile, but now they are all* migrating to Disney+ if they aren't there already.

*Well, except Incredible Hulk and the Spider-Man movies, which aren't Disney.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Are they on Netflix or Prime, or are they trapped on the new Mouse service? It would be nice to kind of go back and play catch-up since I got all this free time but I'm not trying to set foot in Family Video again. 

Pretty much everything is on D+ now. Same with almost all of the Star Wars movies (I think Solo is the only one not there yet).

• Like 1

Just now, Casey said:

I believe the only MCU movie that's missing from D+ is Ant-Man & The Wasp, and that'll leave Netflix in a little over a week and debut on D+ in August.

Just gone on mine to see. Only ones missing are The Incredible Hulk (2008), Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017) and Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019). No change since Dinsey+ arrived in the UK in March of this year.

31 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Just gone on mine to see. Only ones missing are The Incredible Hulk (2008), Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017) and Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019). No change since Dinsey+ arrived in the UK in March of this year.

Well I think everyone knows the Spider-Man and Hulk movies are never going to be on D+ though ?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Casey said:

I believe the only MCU movie that's missing from D+ is Ant-Man & The Wasp, and that'll leave Netflix in a little over a week and debut on D+ in August.

There's still almost a dozen MCU movies on Netflix, at least in Canada. Possibly they're on both Netflix and Disney+ though.