DVDVR Message Board

DC Movies - 2020

On 3/4/2020 at 5:34 PM, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I'm in.  My decision point was the look of the new Batmobile and that shit is awesome.

As much as I loved the Tumbler, I was sorta hoping this Batman would have a Batmobile that looked like an actual car.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Birds of Prey was good. Pretty much what I expected. Some of the dialogue is clunky and I could have used less of the cutesy voiceover and narrative Tarantinoing. I’d heard good things about McGregor, and he was great, but the pleasant surprise for me was Danny from the Mindy Project’s creepy performance as Zsasz. He has a codependent tandem serial killer sort of relationship with Black Mask, which is probably the most interesting thing in the movie. 

Edited by (BP)

18 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Wonder Woman 1984 has been pushed back and will now be released August 14th. 

At this rate, we're going to have a Fall Blockbuster Pool.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I really don't "get" Warner Bros. obsession with having Ezra Miller as The Flash.  I mean, he's fine in the Fantastic Beasts films for the role he's playing (brooding loner who glares a lot), and I liked him in Justice League, but they've been wanting him as Barry Allen before any of that, back when his most commercially successful role was in Trainwreck.

But he's an actor who seems more famous for his off-screen life rather than his on-screen talent.

Anyways, that Flash movie probably got delayed again.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2020 at 9:57 PM, Southside Jim said:

I really don't "get" Warner Bros. obsession with having Ezra Miller as The Flash.  I mean, he's fine in the Fantastic Beasts films for the role he's playing (brooding loner who glares a lot), and I liked him in Justice League, but they've been wanting him as Barry Allen before any of that, back when his most commercially successful role was in Trainwreck.

But he's an actor who seems more famous for his off-screen life rather than his on-screen talent.

Anyways, that Flash movie probably got delayed again.

Neither do I. Get fucking rid.

WB is shuffling some dates:

The Batman is now 10/1/21 (back from June).

The Flash moves up to 6/3/22 (up from July).

Shazam 2 gets punted to 11/4/22 (back from April). 

1 hour ago, (BP) said:

I won’t believe that Flash movie is happening until they post a photo of Ezra Miller on set holding a newspaper from the same day. 

It has to be from the final day of shooting as well so we know they put in too much money and gone too far in to pull out.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/12/2020 at 10:29 AM, Curt McGirt said:

Andy Kaufman-esque is right.

Nah. Kaufman was a man with a plan. This seems more like some half-wit who was graced with looks and acting talent to make up for an utter lack of survival skills.

• Haha 3