DVDVR Message Board

DC Movies - 2020

EQsUPriUwAELDfF?format=jpg&name=4096x409

The new Batsuit reminds me of Daredevil's red suit in the Netflix show (2015, 2016 and 2018) and Batman: Arkham Knight (2015), my least favourite Batsuit from the Arkham games. Guessing the collar's there so he's able to move freely unlike past Batsuits. I'm liking it. Ditto for Michael Giacchino's music.

Now we wait to see the whole thing and the colour scheme. All black? Black/grey? Grey/blue? I wonder if it's timed because they'll be doing shots on location shortly? I hoped to see the oval make a return. Last time in live action, Batman and Robin (1997). Animation, Batman: The Brave and the Bold (2008) and Batman vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2019).

Edited by The Natural

11 hours ago, (BP) said:

B&W screen grabs. 

No chin strap. They had hinted at a 66 influence on the suit, and you can kind of see it in the cowl. I wonder if the tint is to hide the surprise that it’s blue and gray. I don’t care for newfangled symbols. Either give me the oval or the large bat outline. 

It looks like the chest symbol could be removed, for a batarang or something?

7 hours ago, The Natural said:

EQsqKrLXUAAEdgt?format=jpg&name=large

There's speculation the Bat symbol is made from the gun Joe Chill used to kill Bruce Wayne's parents. That was a story in Detective Comics #1000.

As a Kevin Smith fan/apologist, that would be so cool, and also really funny that any of his Batman stuff made it into a movie since people lost their minds over the bladder spasm thing in The Widening Gyre. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, JLSigman said:

Oh that's who that was? That was fucking amazing. He is racking up the scores lately.

This was awesome:

Love for Batman: The Animated Series to get the same treatment.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, The Natural said:

This was awesome:

Love for Batman: The Animated Series to get the same treatment.

Too bad he hasn't done a truly competent or epic score since Star Trek 2009.

As for the Batman suit, the suit part looks OK. The cowl looks awful.

Edited by TheVileOne

Birds of Prey was a lot of fun and Huntress finding her hero voice was the best thing about the movie.  I really wanted to slap the shit out of Cassandra Cain, though. Oh and,

Spoiler

I was kinda bummed that they killed off the Black Mask.  Ewan McGregor owned that role.

The Pattinson as Batman movie could be great or the drizzling shits.  We will see.

Edited by J.T.

On 2/22/2020 at 12:39 AM, (BP) said:

So this is a Zero Year movie, right? 

On 2/22/2020 at 8:47 AM, Niners Fan in CT said:

Year one i believe 

I'd say a blend between the two. I liked Zero Year, the first part with the Red Hood Gang started the story well, the middle section sagged but the third act with the Riddler was a return to form with Scott Snyder sticking the landing. Batman: Year One is the best Batman story of all time. Always loved that.