DVDVR Message Board

DC Movies - 2020

On 2/10/2020 at 1:10 AM, TheVileOne said:

Mashing together Harley Quinn and the Birds of Prey was a mistake. It should've just been a solo Harley Quinn film.

My thoughts were Gotham City Sirens was the right play.  Catwoman and Ivy getting legitimate big screen release was compelling to me, as I love Ivy as a character. I never really was excited about the Birds of Prey, and a solo Harley movie means “you are going to get Leto Joker a bunch” and also no thanks on that.

Every time I saw the title of Birds of Prey: Blah blah blah blah was that WB was Zack and Miri'ing the movie into a disappointing box office. On top of that, I thought the trailers always looked like something of a mess. It sucks that this sounds like is what happened because I too have heard nothing but good things, but the marketing for the movie was garbage.  

There's some sort of "backlash" against it within the nerd/social network community apparently and is one of the reasons it's not doing well.  What is the backlash?  Well,  apparently these morons are uncomfortable with women having fighting skills and beating up a bunch of dudes.  I hate people.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

There's some sort of "backlash" against it within the nerd/social network community apparently and is one of the reasons it's not doing well.  What is the backlash?  Well,  apparently these morons are uncomfortable with women having fighting skills and beating up a bunch of dudes.  I hate people.

I'd hardly call that a backlash since they're just the usual trolls.

11 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

They are usual trolls that probably saw Suicide Squad though.  We have a problem in this country, I feel the trolls are wider spread than just a couple idiots online. 

Yes, there's about 53 million of them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

48 minutes ago, The Natural said:

86190433_1939981132802151_78383552197411

You know it pisses Jared Leto off.

You, and everyone else who posted this, do realize that Jared Leto HAS an Oscar already, right?  

In fact, all 4 big screen Jokers are Oscar winners now. So, I'm sure Leto doesn't particularly care.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

You, and everyone else who posted this, do realize that Jared Leto HAS an Oscar already, right?  

In fact, all 4 big screen Jokers are Oscar winners now. So, I'm sure Leto doesn't particularly care.  

I am aware. I do think it gets to Jared Leto if the reports are true about wanting Joker canned.

17 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

In fact, all 4 big screen Jokers are Oscar winners now. 

Just not for the same role, though.  The point of fact of which the meme satirizes.

Leto's performance in Dallas Buyers Club as brilliant and he is a multitalented artist in general, but he was honestly a very shit Joker.

And none of the other big screen Jokers that won Oscars can say that they've ever won a Grammy like Jack Nicolson can.... albeit for reading a children's book.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

B&W screen grabs. 

No chin strap. They had hinted at a 66 influence on the suit, and you can kind of see it in the cowl. I wonder if the tint is to hide the surprise that it’s blue and gray. I don’t care for newfangled symbols. Either give me the oval or the large bat outline. 

• Like 3

Reminded me of a caped Daredevil costume and not even because of the red light. Also not sure I care for the bat symbol, which looks like something that will fly off of the batsuit like a drone ala Spider-Man's costume in the PS4 game.