DVDVR Message Board

DC Movies - 2020

That looks utterly ridiculous. How many times did he say "I like it, but make it a bit more spiky"? Got to be at least triple figures, right?

5 hours ago, Casey said:

isn’t this just the original trailer but in black and white? because it looks the same.

I read they removed the first one due to music rights issues, but eventually got it back up along with this one. I don’t think that’s the reason for two teasers being relatively the same. My thinking is because they will release two versions of this. One will be 4:3, and in color, while the other will be 4:3, in black & white. 

Apparently 4:3 is the official aspect ratio for the Snyder cut. Seeing them both, I actually like the black & white better. It’s a cliche statement to make, but it definitely hides the CG, and green screen way better than the color.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

This Steppenwolf looks a lot better than Whedon's version.  Very happy about WW84 coming to HBO MAX.   No shitty $30 extra charge either.  Nobody wants to see these movies that badly.  Mulan was a flop on Disney+  Unfortunately WB will likely lose money on this but it's great for the streaming service. They should put TENET on there also. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2020 at 8:21 AM, Andy in Kansas said:

As long as I live, I'll never forget how my midnight showing reacted to the pencil scene. 

Where I live has a true IMAX. I paid extra for tickets to see The Dark Knight in the first IMAX screening and shown the date before general release. We each got a lenticular 3D lenticular poster of this:

OIP.G0T3LLvtBaQNODOBeHsSNQHaFD?pid=Api&d

One of my prized Batman possessions. Those tickets were worth paying more for to get what we did. Still have them. Bear in mind it was unreserved seating also and thankfully we got right at the back in the centre. I'll never forget it. Weeks later we went back again in IMAX. Only film me and my Dad have seen twice at the cinema. 12 years later it's still the greatest Comic Book Movie ever.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

I got free tickets to see the prologue of The Dark Knight Rises in IMAX (Christmas 2011), that wasn't available for The Dark Knight. Something having to be scanned with metal detectors and leave your phones in bags all for a prologue and a montage of shots from the film. You also got one of the following shirts at random:

fashiontipsfromcomicstrips.tumblr.jpg

fashiontipsfromcomicstrips.tumblr-1.jpg

Me and Dad both got Batman. Better of the two in my view. We still have them.

I bought advanced tickets for me and Dad to go there for The Dark Knight Rises in IMAX. We thought we got there in good time but we didn't, again unreserved seating. When we got into the IMAX theatre I spotted a guy in the back row lifting two fingers up so I dashed up and got them, middle of back row. Thanked him for letting us know. Funny hearing the difference in Bane's voice from the prologue to the final version. Only one line remained the same in both: "Crashing this plane."

Edited by The Natural