DVDVR Message Board

DC Movies - 2020

2 hours ago, Andy in Kansas said:

@The Natural

One day I'm gonna get a top ten off you of the DCAU stuff you've seen so we can compare notes. And since my notes will be Superman-heavy, they'll be hard to compare.

Thank you, @Andy in Kansas. We'll do that for sure.

Edited by The Natural

9 hours ago, Casey said:

Well, obviously #1 would be Superman: Red Son because that's the greatest DC story that has ever been told.

The wikipedia for the DCAU doesn't count it among the features which are part of that universe:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_Animated_Universe

I don't watch many of current the DC animated flicks unless I come across it on a service I'm already subscribed too. But the book definitely slaps. 

Edited by Andy in Kansas

On 9/9/2020 at 6:08 PM, odessasteps said:

It took a long time for Red Son to get published. I think Millar told me about it at least 2 years before it was published. 

He's talked about having a lot of the major plot points mapped out as early as 1992. 

On 9/9/2020 at 12:20 AM, Andy in Kansas said:

@The Natural

One day I'm gonna get a top ten off you of the DCAU stuff you've seen so we can compare notes. And since my notes will be Superman-heavy, they'll be hard to compare.

I'm not Natural, but assuming you mean any animated DC movie this would be mine:

1 -  Batman Mask of The Phantasm

2 - Superman Vs The Elite

3 - The Flashpoint Paradox

4 - Superman/Batman Public Enemies

5 - Crisis On 2 Earths

6 - Batman Under The Red Hood

7 - Death Of Superman/Reign Of The Supermen (I count it as 1 since it's the same story)

8 - Batman Year One

9 - Superman Red Son

10 - Suicide Squad Hell To Pay

Admittedly I have not seen every DC animated movie. Worst ones I would say (of what I have seen) are Batman & Harley Quinn and Superman Unbound. Gotham By Gaslight and Wonder Woman are both very good as well. 

On 9/17/2020 at 9:57 AM, BrianS81177 said:

I'm not Natural, but assuming you mean any animated DC movie this would be mine:

5 - Crisis On 2 Earths

7 - Death Of Superman/Reign Of The Supermen (I count it as 1 since it's the same story)

8 - Batman Year One

9 - Superman Red Son

Admittedly I have not seen every DC animated movie. Worst ones I would say (of what I have seen) are Batman & Harley Quinn and Superman Unbound. Gotham By Gaslight and Wonder Woman are both very good as well. 

I will do mine shortly. Cheers.

On 9/17/2020 at 9:57 AM, BrianS81177 said:

5 - Crisis On 2 Earths

8 - Batman Year One

9 - Superman Red Son

1. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm (1993).

2. Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker Uncut Version (2000).

3. Batman: Under the Red Hood (2010).

4. Wonder Woman (2009).

5. Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Part 1 (2012).

6. Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Part 2 (2013).

7. Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox (2013).

8. Batman: Year One (2011).

9. Teen Titans Go! To The Movies (2018).

10. Gotham by Gaslight (2018).

Honourable mentions to Superman vs. The Elite (2012) and Batman: Apokolips War (2020).

Edited by The Natural

18 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

So now they are scheduling shooting days next month for Justice League.

And Henry Cavill will not be taking part

After yesterday brought the surprising word that Zack Snyder would be shooting additional footage for his cut of Justice League with five of its central stars returning, Collider has revealed that contrary to the report, Superman’s Henry Cavill is not set to partake in the reshoots for the infamous cut.

“Not shooting anything additional. No,” Cavill said. “It’s all stuff that has been already done. Obviously I don’t know how things are going to evolve and change and adapt depending on now a different length of movie and whatever may happen in post-production. Whatever lessons may be learned from what is it four years since Justice League came out? Four years’ worth of fan reaction. For me…I’m now just watching the party.”

41 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I do find it fascinating that getting the "Snyder Cut" is now also proving that the Snyder Cut did not exist.

Yeah, this made a lot more sense when it seemed like they were just monetizing a sunk cost and spending a bit of dough to finish FX shots.