DVDVR Message Board

DC Movies - 2020

8 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Better than Jim Carrey uggghhhhh

Ugh is right. My favourite Riddler is probably Frank Gorshin from the 1960s Batman TV show. Honourable mentions to the Riddler in Batman: The Animated Series voiced by John Glover and Wally Wingert's Riddler in the Batman: Arkham series.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, peterien said:

Alex Ferns(?) really looks like Russell Crowe with a beard around the 0:57 mark in the trailer

That took me by surprise as I didn't know Alex Ferns was in the film.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

EgEb1dVWkAI7Joj?format=jpg&name=small

This is now my favourite live action Batsuit. I really like the collar allowing for more head turning in the cowl. I'd keep the collar throughout the Matt Reeves Batman films as their trademark.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

I like how they're setting up the young version of the character to hopefully actually look at his major criticism of a rich guy beating up poor, desperate people while ignoring police corruption. That seems interesting to me. 

The aesthetic is super interesting. It's like it's a 2020 take on the early '90s doing a take on a kind of mostly 1940s vibe. 

I'm interested. 

I am all in on the new Batman joint.  If You're So Smart, Why Aren't You Rich is one of my favorite Batman TAS episodes, so I am 100% down with Scary Riddler.

I also dig the creepy and dark Hush /  Long Halloween  / Jeph Loeb vibe going on.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

I 100% support James Gordon being a black man.  I also like the idea of The Penguin hating his famous nickname.  It will be interesting to see how the various members of the Rogues Gallery evolve as Batman evolves.  I think this movie will end up being the way I really wanted the Gotham television show to turn out.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2